Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > F30 - F35 (2012 - Present)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-11-2018, 07:27 PM   #1
Azzakiel
1st Gear Newbie

2013 3.28i Xdrive Front thrust rod Bushing.

Hi guys!

So I got a bmw 3.28i xdrive 73k km on it which I got from a dealer ex-leased. Just went today for my first service/oil-chance at Vancouver DT location. After their quick check they told me that my Front Thrust Rod bushings are both cracked and need to be replaced within 6 months.

I've tried to find more info about what's that and I realised that it's a pretty small job (one guy changed it in 15 minutes on youtube)

The dealership gave me a quote that they need 2.5hours labor to replace it that cost 435$ plus tax and 311 plus tax for the parts.

First of all does it worth to buy OEM parts for that? the cost at the dealership is:

2 x BM31-12-6-854-729 Hydrobearing 108 each
2 x bm33-30-6-787-062 Combination nut 11 each (for a nut? lol)
4 x bm31-10-6-885-777 hexagon screw with flange 19 each (for a screw? wtf)

plus tax.. So I was thinking if I can find those parts after market cheaper in good quality? Does it worth it? Is there any place I could find the exact same things parts or aftermarket parts that doesnt break down next day Cheaper?

Second question is: 2.5hours labor worth of 435 plus tax? I am sure I can find way cheaper.. do you know any good inexpensive mechanic that could do that job in Vancouver or near by? I think the dealerships price is crazy if that job actually takes 20minutes.

Also I'll need an alignment after that is done.

Thanks, hope I'll expand my awareness through this first attempt posting here..! <3
Azzakiel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: