Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-18-2015, 09:39 AM   #16
MadLow
1st Gear Newbie

my rust is in the wheel wells which are pretty common for e46 models. There has been no accident in the area and very well maintained. I hope BMW covers it under the warranty.

Last edited by MadLow; 05-18-2015 at 10:11 AM.
MadLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 03:50 PM   #17
325iExecutiv
2nd Gear Member

It is annoying dealing with BMW on the rust warranty issue. I bought my BMW [2005 325i] back in 2006 from BMW Toronto. I had rust appear on my car about 3-4 years ago. Back then BMW Toronto would not even schedule an appointment so I had my car checked at Parkview BMW [I had occasionally used them to service my car]. My rust claim was covered and BMW repaired the rust.

The rust surfaced again on the exact same spot and now through Parkview BMW, the claim was rejected. I am told it is a stone chip - the most annoying part is that the salesperson [a] did not bother giving me an update and [b] let me speak to the issue. He just quickly jumped to BMW rejected because of stone chip and we have an estimate cost for you to get it fixed.... I will email you the estimate ...thanks for calling.
Old 10-27-2015, 04:11 PM   #18
sloveniaboy
6th Gear Member

Called Endras after reading this thread thinking there might be a chance to schedule an appt. to have an '04 looked at considering the 12 year corrosion warranty would be up soon.

Got this answer
"If you haven't had the car in to the dealer every 2 years for a paint inspection, your rust warranty is null and void"

They wouldn't even look at the car

Old 10-28-2015, 12:53 PM   #19
ac_2007
Cruising in Top Gear

I'm curious who BMW expects to wake up one morning thinking.. "I know, I'll take my car to the dealer for a paint inspection. My wallet is feeling kind of bulgy anyways.."

And then if it is inspected and something is found, what happens? Are you forced to fork out the cash for them to fix it? Because obviously it won't be covered as rust warranty as its not perforation.

Seems like an impossible warranty.
ac_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 03:38 PM   #20
rcblackwell
Potential Brand Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloveniaboy View Post
Called Endras after reading this thread......

Got this answer
"If you haven't had the car in to the dealer every 2 years for a paint inspection, your rust warranty is null and void"
My 2016 X3 is currently with Endras BMW so they may install a new set of snow tires. When I dropped the vehicle off earlier today I asked about this. I specifically wanted to know how I would be reminded to bring the vehicle in every two years for the paint inspection. The CSR I'm dealing with advised that my vehicles computer will alert me about all service requirements and that paint inspection is incorporated at a service requirement interval specified by BMW. He showed me a printout detailing my vehicles service requirements. He pointed out a section titled BMW Paint Inspection. According to information that appeared there the vehicle isn't due for paint inspection for another 60,000 km's. Hope he's right!
rcblackwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 04:42 PM   #21
sloveniaboy
6th Gear Member

I bet I would have had a better response from Endras if I've serviced my vehicle there in the past and had a history with them. I would assume they would have at least looked at my car instead of just turning me away. Reading through forums you'll find varying degrees of success and failure when it comes to this warranty, there doesn't seem to be any dealer consistency. Suffice it to say that it's all dealer discretion regardless of biyearly inspections or the lack there of.

Last edited by sloveniaboy; 10-28-2015 at 04:45 PM.
sloveniaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 09:58 PM   #22
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
^

Most E46s are pretty much all rusty. I just don't see how this warranty plays a role in any event.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 10:03 PM   #23
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloveniaboy View Post
Called Endras after reading this thread thinking there might be a chance to schedule an appt. to have an '04 looked at considering the 12 year corrosion warranty would be up soon.

Got this answer

They wouldn't even look at the car

If you are paying from your pocket as I suspect, That is $2000 for the inspections on that old car. Wouldn't it be the same as maintaining it and paying from your pocket if any rust issue was to come up. Besides that you would save your time by not doing all those inspections.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 12:58 PM   #24
ac_2007
Cruising in Top Gear

I winter drive my 2001 and it doesn't have any rust at all.

Key is rustproofing and keeping the it clean in the spring time, when the majority of the oxidation actually takes place.

Most E46s are rusty because most owners DGAF about anything car related.
Enthusiasts make up a very small percentage of owners.
ac_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 04:40 PM   #25
f0rge
2nd Gear Member

I had some rust bubbling on my 04 M3 between the rear bumper and that thin piece of metal that goes across the back under the trunk.

I was getting an alignment anyway so I asked them to look at the rust while it was at the dealership (BMW Toronto). Got a call a couple of weeks later saying they were going to warranty it. Took about 4 days to fix.

My original thread:
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130543

Sorry I dont have any pics, but the repair was top notch. I say worth a shot, worst they can say is no.

Last edited by f0rge; 10-30-2015 at 04:42 PM.
f0rge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 01:42 PM   #26
Shock(/\)ave
3rd Gear Member

I told my dad about this warranty for his E46, and the minor rust on his car was fully covered under warranty after inspection at Serpa BMW. He was very happy with the quality of the repair and his car is now close to perfect.

Last edited by Shock(/\)ave; 03-31-2016 at 01:44 PM.
Shock(/\)ave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 08:00 AM   #27
FirstM3
E30 M3

I have a 2005 X5 4.8is
It has rust on the two front doors at the bottom. It rusted from the inside out.
I did some research and its a known issue with the design of the front doors on this model. Theres no rust anywhere else on the X5. I took it to T+C BMW who i have done business with in the past and they are rejecting the warranty because the cluster was changed!
They are obviously trying to avoid the warranty work.
The cluster broke and was changed. So what.
The warranty states 12 years rust perforation with unlimited kms so what kind of an excuse is that...

Any help with how i can deal with this issue would be great.
FirstM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 01:29 PM   #28
jabela
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstM3 View Post
I have a 2005 X5 4.8is
It has rust on the two front doors at the bottom. It rusted from the inside out.
I did some research and its a known issue with the design of the front doors on this model. Theres no rust anywhere else on the X5. I took it to T+C BMW who i have done business with in the past and they are rejecting the warranty because the cluster was changed!
They are obviously trying to avoid the warranty work.
The cluster broke and was changed. So what.
The warranty states 12 years rust perforation with unlimited kms so what kind of an excuse is that...

Any help with how i can deal with this issue would be great.
Hah, that's great. They'll find any excuse to reject warranty work. You can try going to another dealer or contacting BMW HQ.

2002 E46 325ci // 5spd // ISC N1 Coilovers
www.maisonapothecare.ca
jabela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 02:44 PM   #29
chia
Keepin' It Fake.

Would this warranty cover the seat rust issues with the F30s?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: