Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-12-2017, 07:47 AM   #1
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member

E46 330i Supercharged looking for more boost in stock engine...water meth inquiry

Hey all!

My e46 is charged with a 6psi pulley. I was thinking of grabbing a smaller pulley to aim for roughly 9-psi.

My engine is currently stock and non intercooled. I was thinking of adding a water meth kit to allow safe operation of the higher boost, without intercooling or engine modification.

My question is...how does water/meth kit work along side tuning? I know some may be boost operated...

I'm really trying to wrap my head around the tuning aspect with water/meth. So far all I can think is once X boost is reached, water/meth then comes on and sprays away while boost increases...and ecu is tuned to do its thing with the higher boost, as per normal.

What if the water/meth runs out? Can the ecu be tuned to cut out at X rpm to prevent boost from increasing?

Thanks for any help folks!
-Rob
Old 01-12-2017, 08:01 AM   #2
Dinanstu
3rd Gear Member

I have never heard of any tunes for the 330 to do what you want, unfortunately.
There are a lot of tunes for the E 36 M3, so perhaps Karl an active out of work might have something for you…

Last edited by Dinanstu; 01-12-2017 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Spelling
Dinanstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 07:40 AM   #3
sleemalax
Banned

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.voyance telephone
sleemalax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:54 AM   #4
sleemalax
Banned

Nice Informative Blog having nice sharing..find junkyards
sleemalax is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: