Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Platinum maXbimmer Sponsors > RMP Motors
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-08-2014, 05:10 PM   #1
E46M
1st Gear Newbie

Thumbs up Check with RMP before you buy a car as well!

If you are in the market for a used car, better get it checked by RMP motors because I don't trust any dealership including BMW dealerships due to multiple bad experiences. My friends who didn't get their cars inspected (PPI), had to spend a lot of money to get their cars in good shape after their purchases a couple of years ago. Now they only go to RMP.

I brought 3 E46 M3s to RMP for inspection in the past few months. The RMP team filled out 2 pages worth of issues in their meticulous analysis of these cars and I thought these cars were in great shape Rocco found so many things that were mechanically wrong with the cars that I couldn't have foreseen. Saved me a lot of headache and money in the future knowing the issues now and backing out of the purchase. (Always put a deposit on a car with a clause for a pre-purchase inspection (PPI) by your garage/mechanic BEFORE you sign the dotted line)
On top of that the service is excellent, I was always accommodated as I have a very tight daily schedule due to work requirements.

My current purchase was approved by RMP and I am very happy with it. RMP, thank you for helping me in my quest for a well maintained M3, really appreciate it.
E46M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:23 PM   #2
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

I'd love to see these reports and 2 pages worth of issues.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual- Modded
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'91 BMW 850i J Spec-ST Tuning Kit- Lowered-Wokke Chips- Custom Exhaust- 18" MK1's-KN Filters+ M Steering Wheel- Stereo Upgrade +++
'88 BMW 635CSi Lowered
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig WILD RIDE
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:31 AM   #3
E46M
1st Gear Newbie

PPI report

I don't have the reports now, they wrote it on a piece of paper but it listed everything, from what I remember:
cracked rear spring
subframe cracked
all 4 tires need replacement (uneven wear so I believe alignment required)
suspension in bad shape, some suspension items needed to be changed (Cant remember now)
one rotor seized
Vanos needs adjustment
Front of the car repainted
Trunk and whole rear of the car repainted
Car potentially had water damage (car was from the states and had rust in weird places which I didn't see such as in the battery area in the trunk and other places)
alternator needs to be replaced
ashtray cover broken (Doesn't close)
car cigarette lighter/DC power source doesn't work
then all the cosmetic interior and exterior imperfections were also mentioned
and I cant remember the rest but you get the idea... I was really glad I got it inspected.

Point is to put a deposit on a potential buy with the condition of your mechanic/garage's approval and get cars like M3s inspected by someone you trust and I trust RMP. (Especially if one isn't mechanically inclined like myself)
E46M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 05:23 PM   #4
bmwins
2nd Gear Member

RMP is easily one of the if not THE best BMW indy shop in the GTA. I took my car there for years and was always happy until I started doing all my repairs myself. Ill be going in for a clutch in the next year or two though.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:51 AM   #5
cmstrilchuk
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwins View Post
RMP is easily one of the if not THE best BMW indy shop in the GTA. I took my car there for years and was always happy until I started doing all my repairs myself. Ill be going in for a clutch in the next year or two though.
Second this opinion. They've expertly fixed tricky problems on my car. Wish I had taken it there for a PPI before I bought it!
cmstrilchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 12:07 PM   #6
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
my m3 was PPI's @ RMP. i was lucky though, rocco pulled me aside from the buyer and said dont haggle, buy it now!

2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 220M 19's, Michelin Supersports
2006 YZF-R6, bunch of go-fast stuff
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 01:42 PM   #7
pegggu
1st Gear Newbie

i've only heard good things about RMP.
out of curiousity, how does bimmersport stand up against RMP regarding service & price and anyone have good/bad experiences with them.
pegggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 03:02 PM   #8
newbe46
2nd Gear Member

RMP is good if you are close to it. For me I would have to take a day off just to do an oil change at RMP.
newbe46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 08:13 PM   #9
Bob Marley+W
2nd Gear Member

Him da best
Bob Marley+W is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: