Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-01-2008, 06:40 AM   #1
punnzzells
Banned

Send a message via MSN to punnzzells Send a message via Yahoo to punnzzells
Another reason why CANADA is starting to suck ....

Another reason why and how Canada is starting to suk big juicey thick calk!

Well... I see where they are going with this and it's pretty pathetic... if you want to buy an older BMW or any other car that is 15yrs or older, you better do it soon... check this out..

http://www.tc.gc.ca/roadsafety/impor...study/menu.htm
punnzzells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:57 AM   #2
Lee
Original BMW Teile

My 525 Touring is 16 year old
My e30 M3 is 20 year old
My 2002 us 30year old

All these three cars are US imports and have never crashed them. I wonder who did the above study? A lobby of car manufacturers wanting to sell new cars? Come on. This is unrealistic.

Lee
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:12 AM   #3
punnzzells
Banned

I know LEE....tell me about it... 80 cars crashed with 1 fatality and 1 serious injury in 4 years out of 25,550 cars.. OUUUH watch out! This is obviously either insurance based survey or intended to kill importing of older cars....

the only reason that I found this is article is b/c I wanted to bring in an Alfa from europe.... and of course you can only bring in 3 ugly models 1994 - 1995. Fiat... hahahah... forget it... ALL inadmissible... why? because they weren't built for the USA... since when was Canada part of the USA?
Old 07-01-2008, 09:06 AM   #4
adaseb
2nd Gear Member

Its all a load of CROCK.
adaseb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:05 AM   #5
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Good useage of my tax dollars. How about you government buggers use it to fix the shitty roads that were probably a factor in those crashes.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:12 PM   #6
Eurotakeover
BMW Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_M5 View Post
Good useage of my tax dollars. How about you government buggers use it to fix the shitty roads that were probably a factor in those crashes.
I like that. Thats actually worthy of an argument! Nice
Old 07-01-2008, 08:22 PM   #7
BimmerboyPH
5th Gear Member

Wow, this country is pathetic. When is someone in the government gonna step forward with a pair of bollox and tell these spineless twats enough is enough, we are sick of this shit. Stop ruining life for the rest of us!

As long as the car is looked after and kept in good mechanical shape, there shouldnt be any problem with it.
92 325is- sold
97 328is- sold
00 Land Rover Disco- sold
07 328i- sold
84 325e- track car, in progress........ SOLD!
87 325is- FOR SALE
98 328is- Current Daily
BimmerboyPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:08 PM   #8
elroy
2nd Gear Member

ive seen more honda accords and civics that have more rust that acutal body left on. They're younger than 15 years. so the government is telling me those cars are safe? Maybe ont should change its law so its like PEI where you need to get not only emissions done every 2 years, but also safety. Then come back with age of the car and its roadworthyness.
elroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:48 PM   #9
Arash
6th Gear Member

So why you guys so pissed? they're basically saying that "Older vehicles should be subject to the rules of the Registrar of Imported Vehicles, just as newer vehicles are." So as long as the car passes safety you should be good to go.
Arash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 11:11 PM   #10
ZHP_Bimmer05
Photographer/DJ/Engineer

Send a message via MSN to ZHP_Bimmer05
isnt only for importing?

2004 Mazda RX8 GT: 6spd VR
ZHP_Bimmer05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:24 AM   #11
King Luis
The King.

Send a message via MSN to King Luis
i think north americans in general are a bunch freaked out control freaks.
why can't the governement here be like european?

Sold:2004 Silver Gray M3
Mods: Dice Unit, EAS Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors, CSL Diffuser, Smoked Corners, PSS10s, 15mm Front and 10mm Rear Spacers.

Gone:1990 Brilliantrot 325is
Mods: Alpine speakers and HU, Euro Projectors, Magnaflow Muffler, Euro Smoked Tails and GC Coilovers.
King Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:31 AM   #12
punnzzells
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arash View Post
So why you guys so pissed? they're basically saying that "Older vehicles should be subject to the rules of the Registrar of Imported Vehicles, just as newer vehicles are." So as long as the car passes safety you should be good to go.
That's just it... I don't want the RIV program and the stupidity.... 15 years was the only exception to the rule to get a car into Canada that an enthusiast loves... ! If you subject these cars to the RIV, then that means BIG mods to the bumpers, lights, belts, and crap.... for example... why is it in Europe you can drive a FIAT 500 or Uno ( smaller than a smart car) and they drive FAST in Europe, but I can't even get that car into Canada? What about less emissions, the environment? Would I not be the doing the GREEN thing with a smaller car....that's why I am pissed.. it's all BULLSHIT!!

Look.... I work, I pay taxes... in a FREE country I should have the choice to drive a car like the Fiat and if I kill myself in it.... that's my choice..... to clean my guts up off the street is creating work which stimulates the economy anyways..

Canada is too in my FACE with rules and regulations that HAVE nothing to do with making a better society... and don't get me started on emission tests.. that's another scam...!
Old 07-02-2008, 08:47 AM   #13
BigD
the misanthropist

If the country's not free enough for you, you're still free enough to buy a plane ticket and gtfo.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:18 AM   #14
SeRb
Don't shrink me Gypsy!

a lot of times people import older versions of cars which laws forbid them from importing new ones (like skylines etc)

but wow, 80 cars out of 25,550... thats 0.31% (LOL not even 1%) over 4 years thats an average of 0.08% LOL, 1 FATALITY AND 1 SERIOUS INJURY ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

i think a higher percentage of people have died from an apple falling from a tree into their mouth thus choking to death
SeRb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:18 PM   #15
King Luis
The King.

Send a message via MSN to King Luis
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
If the country's not free enough for you, you're still free enough to buy a plane ticket and gtfo.
"you are free to do what they tell you."
heard it from a song. it's about the government and it's pretty true. no country is free cause the government restricts you from lots of things.

Sold:2004 Silver Gray M3
Mods: Dice Unit, EAS Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors, CSL Diffuser, Smoked Corners, PSS10s, 15mm Front and 10mm Rear Spacers.

Gone:1990 Brilliantrot 325is
Mods: Alpine speakers and HU, Euro Projectors, Magnaflow Muffler, Euro Smoked Tails and GC Coilovers.
King Luis is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: