Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-05-2011, 05:28 PM   #1
bimmerE36
1st Gear Newbie

Angry Stupid Petro Canada

Listen to this!

I pull into a local Petro Canada to put gas in my 328i. I put $50 of 91 octane in. Go to drive my car and BAM! Keeps dying and won't idle. The gas is crap theres water in it!!!

Apparently like 30 other cars were breaking down because Petro was giving watery gas. People were having their vehicles die in the street while driving. A few accidents caused due to water in the gas causing peoples vehicles to bog out.

SO my car is now sitting at the shop getting the gas flushed out and fixed. Never had any issue with Petro... TILL NOW!! Thankfully the manager said once its tested everyone will get rembursed for tow charges, repairs. and gas. There were like 30+ cars in total that were breaking down after filling up at the station. I was one of those unlucky people.

What kind of gas do you guys use in your rides other than Petro... I used to Sunoco but Petro bought them. This whole situation just got me right pissed off. Waste of a Saturday sitting inside Petro waiting for some answers. Water was some how getting into every gas tank. Even 89 and 87 octaine.

Last edited by bimmerE36; 03-05-2011 at 05:33 PM.
bimmerE36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:51 PM   #2
bimmerE36
1st Gear Newbie

Please move to general discussion.. Thank you
Old 03-05-2011, 06:12 PM   #3
bimmerE36
1st Gear Newbie

please delete. Sorry
Old 03-06-2011, 05:10 PM   #4
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

why you sorry?

Thats Fuked up! they charge 1.20+ and its watered down crap!?
that fuks your car up & caused people to be hurt in accidents
Old 03-06-2011, 06:49 PM   #5
Sickbimmer
750HP turbo E46 M3

Please post the location.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:32 PM   #6
davericher20
black and blue

yeah what Petro branch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:26 PM   #7
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

*oh and 'stupid gas' in general

Dr diesel, his diesel motor originally designed to run on Peanut Oil!

Fords 1st cars RAN on HEMP - which grows way faster than corn!

Henry Ford & Rudolf Diesel Against Petroleum Part 1

Old 03-07-2011, 11:23 PM   #8
sirex
King Sirex

ya **** gas and shit.. what a load of bullshit.. raped up the ass at the pumps because of some bullshit in libya.. and guess what they only make 2% of oil in the world, and only 1% of that is exported.. and only .25% of that is exported to the USA so how the **** are gas prices at 1.20

and wtf is upwith diesel? How can disel be more expensive than gasoline, it is EASIER to refine then gasoline.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:13 AM   #9
98M3NACE
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
and wtf is upwith diesel? How can disel be more expensive than gasoline, it is EASIER to refine then gasoline.
because people with diesel cars have to buy less gas, the oil companies have to make up for it some how
Old 03-09-2011, 02:39 PM   #10
careless7
Drivin' new whips weekly

That is weak...another reason I won't go there. Just got my Sunoco Points conversion to Petro Points card in the mail.

Points incentives galore but most mean jack anyway....like half a car wash.

Anyway, word on the street, cars tuned for 94 were knocking and detonating on Petro's version of Ultra 94 that contains up to 15% Ethanol.

Since my GT-R was tuned for 94 I had switched V-Power since it has no corn juice.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:48 PM   #11
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98M3NACE View Post
because people with diesel cars have to buy less gas, the oil companies have to make up for it some how
yup.
diesel was actually always cheaper..then a few yrs ago the media and the public were making a huge push to diesel cars cause of prices goign up...so they jacked the diesel prices
Old 03-09-2011, 03:36 PM   #12
chromius
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
ya **** gas and shit.. what a load of bullshit.. raped up the ass at the pumps because of some bullshit in libya.. and guess what they only make 2% of oil in the world, and only 1% of that is exported.. and only .25% of that is exported to the USA so how the **** are gas prices at 1.20

Not that I agree with the oil companies or anything, I hate them just like the rest. But the reason for Diesel being more expensive comes down to simple supply and demand. The push to having more cars running off diesel just pushes the price up. The other main reason is that out of every barrel of oil you get about half as much diesel as you do Gasoline. I believe it's something like 20 gallons of gasoline to every 10 gallons of diesel. So more people using it + less of it available = higher prices.

That being said, I'm sure there is a considerable price "premium" on top of what it should actually cost. Since the oil companies and the government have to make their billions of dollars..

Same concept for the Price going up because of instability of only 2% of the supply. It's simply because the world is eating oil pretty much as fast as it can be pumped out of the ground. So 2% of something that everyone needs more of, causes people to pay more, which in turn makes that particular commodity that much more valuable. 2% may not seem like much, but for those countries that were relying on getting as much oil as possible, it really hurts, and as a result are willing to pay more to another oil producing nation to make up that loss of supply, which just jacks the price for everyone else, since those people now say, hey this country is willing to pay me this much, so if you want oil, you have to pay me the same or more.

All the more reason to push more research money into Nuclear fusion power, instead of all this wasted money going into these green fads and global warming research.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:20 PM   #13
Arash
6th Gear Member

watery gas could be because of a leak in the underground tanks causing ground water to seep in. Either that or the owner tried to run a little experiment..
Arash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:11 PM   #14
signsmith
2nd Gear Member

Check this out..

By Rowena Mason 7:00AM GMT 04 Feb 2011

The Anglo-Dutch company made profits of $18.6bn (£11.5bn) on a cost of supply basis, which strips out the effects of inventory changes.

For the fourth quarter, its profits were $5.7bn – up from $1.2bn a year ago – but below analysts’ expectations. This sent its share price down 75½, or 3pc, to £21.75½.

Shell has seen a number of major projects from Qatar to Brazil start producing oil and gas this year, lifting output and revenue. Production for the year rose 6pc to 3.3m barrels per day, up from 3.1m a year earlier.

However, output was not as high as expected because of maintenance programmes, and profitability was also affected by lower gas prices in the US.

“Fourth-quarter and full-year 2010 earnings were supported by higher oil prices and chemicals margins,” said Peter Voser, chief executive of Shell. “However, our earnings were impacted by weak refining margins, pressure on certain regional natural gas prices, and volatility in downstream marketing margins as a result of rising oil prices.”

Investors were also disappointed that Shell has not been able to gain permits to drill in the Arctic because of regulatory worries following BP’s Gulf of Mexico oil disaster. It will now not drill until 2012 at the earliest, having planned to start in July last year and then July this year.

Mr Voser said Shell is confident it is still worth drilling in the environmentally-sensitive region.

“There will be challenges. Yes, we believe we can do it and yes, we believe that strategically the Arctic is an area of significant interest and opportunity for Shell,” he said.

Mr Voser added that there is “more to come from Shell” following a management shake-up that has seen 7,000 job losses and a renewed focus on building production.

The company’s dividend will be 42 cents per share for the fourth quarter of 2010 and Shell guided that it is likely to be the same for the first quarter of this year.

Shell had been lagging BP until the Gulf of Mexico oil spill hit its nearest rival’s profitability and caused its dividend to be cancelled, then reinstated at half the previous level. On Tuesday, BP reported an annual loss of $4.9bn and fourth quarter profits of $4.6bn, while warning production would be 11pc lower.

The reaction from the City to Shell’s results was mixed, with Collins Stewart analysts Gordon Gray and James Evans arguing that the results were “disappointing” but the shares remain “attractive”.

“Shell’s results were disappointing but we see nothing in the figures which gives us concern over the company’s growth prospects, and 2010 has seen strong progress towards Shell’s strategic targets on volumes and cash flow,” they said.

“We recommend buying into any results-driven weakness as we continue to see the strongest turnaround in free cash flow in the sector on a one to two-year view, and we still think valuations are attractive.”
signsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:18 PM   #15
signsmith
2nd Gear Member

Damn government...

http://retail.petro-canada.ca/en/fuelsavings/2132.aspx

http://retail.petro-canada.ca/en/fuelsavings/2139.aspx
signsmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: