Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-04-2011, 02:34 PM   #61
simplycars
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
All of europe is a mess Ivan. Its the same shit everywhere, except in countries where the economy has been traditionally strong. (e.g. Germany, England).
England is nowhere near being strong economy - Germany, France and yes Italy are much better off.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:39 PM   #62
simplycars
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvan View Post
To me that looks as one isolated scenerio. Now if that is not true, could you tell us why Polish ppp (purchasing power parity) is below EU average or EU average at the best. If you want to make 4 x amounts of an verage Canadian salary, you have to be some sort of minister in Poland.

More realistic scenerio would be that his family signed him over a condo/house, but he is burning his salary money to live good life which is good. Even that is not easy because most Poles sold everyhing, but now they would find it too expensive to buy a property and move back. That goes not only for Poland, but for all the cities that were ruled under the "iron curtain"....

The reason is that Poland is developing its middle class and only small percentage is making on par with their EU counterparts. Also, prices are lower in Poland than in the rest of EU.
Most Poles didn't sell everything - this was more common in former Yugoslavia (e.g. German investors own "Croatia") and Czechoslovakia (Germany owns most of the industry).
Old 02-04-2011, 05:04 PM   #63
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplycars View Post
England is nowhere near being strong economy - Germany, France and yes Italy are much better off.
Where are you coming up with this? Englands economy is better than most of europes. Italy?? lol.

Italy has realized less GDP growth than England. Italy has a much higher debt rate to GDP. Has higher uneployment. Lol. THe numbers speak for themselves.

Last edited by sirex; 02-04-2011 at 05:13 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:32 PM   #64
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

hey bmw 7 (and everybody) you mentioned the 50 over law in ontario
this kid got nailed at 240 in qc - $2600 & 42 demerit points
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montreal/st...-speeding.html

out of the many things i can say on this subject i'll say: costs are going to go up everywhere & globalism will make damn sure theres very few if any places to run to. And everythings less irritating if you're getting laid, unless they're a source of irritation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANIMAL View Post
I'm curious; so to everyone complaining in this thread, how many of you vote in all municipal, provincial, and federal elections? I'm sure you can see where i'm going with this. If we want to change something we have essentially two options; the first is demonstration (ie; protesting, social groups, lobbying, etc) the second is forcing political agendas through election/new political parties. In the last federal election only 58.8% of registered Canadians voted, the last time the turnout was above 70% was 1988. Note these stats are from Elections Canada and that not the entire population eligible to vote is registered to do so.

Furthermore the demographics show that the majority of people who actively vote are older than 35. So no wonder most the people here are unhappy with Canadian policy, statistically, few of us vote. The interest of government officials is like anyone else, not to loose their job, so why bother catering to those who don't vote anyways.

Complaining on a forum is unlikely to change the things you don't like. Nor, really, is relocation. Just like everyone else is saying, if your a pessimist you will see bad everywhere you go.

BTW your view of what a conservative is is quite skewed, it does not mean "not liberal" the NDP is not liberal and they don't call themselves conservatives. They are, in fact, further left than the liberals.

I also don't understand how you can be disheartened with a province/city that promotes a policy that of separatism. Quebec is the only province not to sign the Canada Constitution Act 1982 (yes we have one too, originally called the British North America Act 1867) and does not even consider English an official language. Seriously, what did you expect? Its not like the rest of the country where people can be ignorant to the official languages/culture and live in closed communities for 40 years or more. I'm not saying that I have a problem with multiculturalism, I would hate to see Canada turn into a melting pot like the US, but moving to a country to take advantage of what it has to offer and remaining closed to its culture and language is simply ignorant.
I hear ya some good valid points..

But (and there usually is as everythings not black & white), many things that people 'bitch & whine about' are not even up for vote by the people.. or the gov does the opposite of what people wanted when on rare occasion the gov asks for the public's opinions on matters before hand. some examples being:
-copyright, crtc bandwith, eco Fee, green bins, stunting law, T.o city council deciding you can only park 2 cars in your driveway - 5000 dollar fine, etc. planned peacful protesting: well yeah that works, G20

and the media informing us of things after they've passed the parliment or just as they do is very helpful to informing the populous & keeping them un-ignorant. but thats the gov's fault too and i recal harper being very involved in creating this environment.

same speech no not controlled at all, not alarming at all!
& forget the liberal bit at the start (just as bad)

see:

Last edited by bmdbley'sBro; 02-04-2011 at 05:48 PM.
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:54 PM   #65
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplycars View Post
The reason is that Poland is developing its middle class and only small percentage is making on par with their EU counterparts. Also, prices are lower in Poland than in the rest of EU.
Most Poles didn't sell everything - this was more common in former Yugoslavia (e.g. German investors own "Croatia") and Czechoslovakia (Germany owns most of the industry).
Very true. Also just to be clear, I was talking about the realestate not industrial properties. Btw I am amazed on your informative knowledge George. Honestly Croats were always pro German and that is how it is...

Here is an example, Serbia always used to sell Ikarbus/Ikarus busses to Poland/Rest of the world. The IK105/6 was quite a decent buss in the 1980s (even Poles say so) . So in 2008 Croats declined to buy our Serbian Ikarbus busses just because they wanted to bend over in favour of Germany and buy their MB busses. So Guess what, now they are bitching because the Serbs ordered the Spanish CAF trams and declined to purchase Croatian CroTram. heheh We don't care too much because we sell Ikarbus worldwide, but they can not sell 2M+ tram to anyone.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:28 PM   #66
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

had to add:

McGuinty defends HST at Ottawa luncheon
By AEDAN HELMER, Ottawa Sun. January 20, 2011

While the opposition Tories have been quiet on the HST front lately, McGuinty warned that a 2% rollback in the tax would represent $6 billion in revenue coming out of provincial coffers
http://www.ottawasun.com/news/ottawa...-16970121.html

so just 2%, of an 8% tax, puts $6 Billion in 1 provinces coffers!?
Old 02-04-2011, 07:22 PM   #67
simplycars
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
Where are you coming up with this? Englands economy is better than most of europes. Italy?? lol.

Italy has realized less GDP growth than England. Italy has a much higher debt rate to GDP. Has higher uneployment. Lol. THe numbers speak for themselves.
if you say so - but ask the British and visit the place.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:33 PM   #68
lvan
6th Gear Member

In the UK you have the min wages as low as five English pounds - $8 CAD.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:42 PM   #69
sirex
King Sirex

How many times do we have to say it on these forums. Anecdotal evidence is not factual evidence of the state of things.

First: I know alot of people from England. Several work in London and live in the suburbs, etc. I know one works as contractor to the govenment and makes 35,000 pounds per year. He seems to be happy with his wage and his life.

I have other close friends, all of which have graduated with degrees and work in their field of study and have wages that allow comfortable way of life.

your argument about asking people "how they feel about the state of things" is like asking cynists what they think of things. Its like this thread. If you asked the OP what he thought about Canada, you would get a flawed picture that people are poor, or disenfranchised, etc.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:59 AM   #70
ProStreetDriver
The Real Transporter

Send a message via MSN to ProStreetDriver
I can't wait for 2012
ProStreetDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:43 PM   #71
arek
3rd Gear Member

Haha, the whole argument with my wife is that our son will have a better quality of life in Canada, as opposed to Poland...

I keep nagging all the time, how much I'd love to move back there, and how I hate this country.
arek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:01 AM   #72
lvan
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arek View Post
Haha, the whole argument with my wife is that our son will have a better quality of life in Canada, as opposed to Poland...

I keep nagging all the time, how much I'd love to move back there, and how I hate this country.
hahaha Typical Polish. Btw I always wanted to ask you, Do Poles from Poalnd come to visit Canada or is it mostly the diaspora keeping LOT alive on Toronto-Warsaw bound? I think there must be some corporate traffic as well to pay for ultra expensive front cabin seats. Do local Poles support LOT or they just look for a cheapest fare with any airline out there? I am just curious to see what's going on.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:05 AM   #73
ScotcH
6th Gear Member

Quote:
hahaha Typical Polish. Btw I always wanted to ask you, Do Poles from Poalnd come to visit Canada or is it mostly the diaspora keeping LOT alive on Toronto-Warsaw bound? I think there must be some corporate traffic as well to pay for ultra expensive front cabin seats. Do local Poles support LOT or they just look for a cheapest fare with any airline out there? I am just curious to see what's going on.
My parents only ever fly LOT
Old 02-10-2011, 07:32 AM   #74
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by arek View Post

Your maxbimmer profile on the left says you live in Brampton. So ya, I would hate my life too.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:46 PM   #75
pawcio
6th Gear Member

Quote:
The last time I flew LOT was a disappointment. I'm gonna wait for them to get their new planes before I fly with them again. Next time I'm going with Luft or KLM.

Poles do visit Canada using LOT and there is corporate traffic as well but I'd think the majority is Poles from Canada flying there.

pawcio is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: