Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-23-2011, 12:20 PM   #91
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawcio View Post
I probably won't fly there until the summer of 2012 (for euro cup) so hopefully by then they'll have the new planes. I flew on LOT last year and I have to say it was a bad experience for me...more for me than other people.

BTW the following list does not necessarily only apply to LOT.

1. Luggage weight limit...used to be 2 x 32kg bags, then 2 x 23kg bags and about a month before I got my ticket it was reduced to 1 x 23kg bag.

2. No more free alcohol on the flights It used to be awesome now it costs either $4 or 10zł

3. I bought beer and it was warm

4. Flights to Poland leave Toronto about 10PM and fly overnight. So when the sun is rising they ask everyone to close the window shutters to allow some passengers to sleep if they so choose. I didn't feel like sleeping and wanted to read my book. My reading light didn't work so I cracked open the window to get some light. A stewardess came up to me and asked if I could close the blind. I told her that I want to read my book and that the light doesn't work. She tried it and it didn't. She then asked me if I could close the bind and perhaps watch a movie instead on their screens (I should be able to read a book if I want to), I told her that I don't want to watch the movie at the moment, but that even if I did want to watch a move over the 8.5-9 hour flight I would not be able to because the headphone jack on my seat wasn't working. So she tested that too and it wasn't.

5. Once in Warsaw, I was transferring to another plane heading for Wrocław. We got on the plane and it was damn hot. Outside it was probably in the low to mid 30's. I was sweating profusely as was everyone else on the plane because they did not have the a/c on. We sat on the plane for an hour because of the following issue which I do not attribute to LOT but to some crazy pirate lady who also was on my previous flight from Toronto to Warsaw. She decided to bring her parrot along on her trip (wtf?) so as animal shipping protocols go they had to sedate the bird for the 9 hour flight. This lady was also transferring onto the same flight as me and her checked luggage was moved to the other plane, as was mine and other people who were heading to Wrocław. Her parrot supposedly almost died during the first flight so she decided not to subject the bird to the 45 minute flight. So the pilot got the call that his plane was carrying luggage of a passenger who was not on board. They had to unpack the entire plane to find her bags because as some of you may be aware a plane cannot take luggage of a person who is not on that flight.

Anyway, I've flown LOT before and this particular time was by far my worst flying experience. However, when they get the new planes I will give them a try again.

Damn that ended up being a long rant.
You should try flying first class with full recliner seats, its soooo bad and annoying, i mean i actually sleep. What a nightare
5style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:19 PM   #92
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5style View Post
You should try flying first class with full recliner seats, its soooo bad and annoying, i mean i actually sleep. What a nightare
There is no such a thing with LOT. Let alone many nicer airlines from the EU don't have the first class service/product on board. They offer business for about $4000-$5000 on Warsaw - Toronto round trip.

Here is the pic.

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviatio.../1/1099159.jpg
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:00 AM   #93
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvan View Post
There is no such a thing with LOT. Let alone many nicer airlines from the EU don't have the first class service/product on board. They offer business for about $4000-$5000 on Warsaw - Toronto round trip.

Here is the pic.

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviatio.../1/1099159.jpg
umm you haven t been on the newer 767s with retrofitted pods in first class?

pity.
5style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:37 PM   #94
lvan
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5style View Post
umm you haven t been on the newer 767s with retrofitted pods in first class?

pity.
I have seen some newer B767-300 and B767-400, but that's not the case with LOT Polish Airlines. They are getting the new B787, so no point dumping big bucks in something that is worthless. Most of the widebodies(B767) from the 1980s get ripped a part. The late model 767 is a different story.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:53 PM   #95
lvan
6th Gear Member

Btw, going back to the first class thing, I think you got something mixed up. I doubt there is a single airline out there using a B767 for a first class service. That is like looking for a virgin wife in a whorehouse. These days whoever offers the first class, they have the cash for a nice modern A380/A340/B777. Air Canada offers their First executive class, but it is just a fancy/marketing name for their business class.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: