Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-24-2017, 12:47 PM   #1
johnnytvng
1st Gear Newbie

New pick up 2011 328i xdrive

Hi,

I'm super new to this forum and I just wanted to introduce myself and the car.

Just picked up a 2011 328i xdrive (Alpine White). Currently in Toronto, any bmw mechanics to recommend?

I'm looking to do small mods to it nothing major, all exterior.

If anyone could help, I've been doing some research and can't seem to wrap my head around everything lol.

I'm looking to get eibach lowering springs and to my knowledge it's recommended that I should also get struts as well. Any recommendations for a good set of struts to go with the eibach springs? Would Koni yellows work with them? Again, I'm really new to all of this and just looking to improve my car aesthetically.

The car also came with halogen bulbs. Now if i wanted to get LED or brighter lights rather than the yellow halogens Can I just buy something like this (http://www.burgertuning.com/BMW_LED_angel_eyes.html) and just swap them directly, is it that simple?

That's about everything I'm looking to get done aside with rims and tints.

Thanks,

ps I looked in the search menu and couldn't get what I was totally looking for so if someone has some advice it'd greatly be appreciated.
johnnytvng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 01:11 PM   #2
dbworld4k

New pick up 2011 328i xdrive

Congrats and welcome!

Contact our Sponsors on this forum for all your repair needs.

For suspension, I highly recommend emailing jay@stancefactory.com (or call him). They can set you up *properly* for lowering your car, they've done countless E90s. I purchased Koni yellows on mine and I'm constantly blown away by how incredibly well they dampen bumpy roads while being stiff on hard cornering. I paired them with H&R Sport springs and also replaced some mounts while I was in there. Make sure you get shorter E36 M3 front bump stops if you lower your car.

For angel eyes I'd recommended sticking with the LUX brand ones. I tried cheaper alternatives in the past and constantly had issues with longevity or improper light output in the outer rings. Assuming your car has xenons, you need H8. And yes it's a direct plug and play swap.

dbworld4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 02:34 PM   #3
johnnytvng
1st Gear Newbie

Thanks so much!

Also I don't have Xenon. They're just regular halogen bulbs.
johnnytvng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 04:01 AM   #4
bronsom
1st Gear Newbie

Welcome and congrats on your new ride! H&R springs plus Koni is definitely a good combination.
bronsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 01:36 AM   #5
jiawei
1st Gear Newbie

Congratz!
jiawei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 05:55 PM   #6
sleemalax
1st Gear Newbie

On the off chance that conceivable, as you pick up skill, would you psyche overhauling your online journal with more data? It is to a great degree supportive for me. check out the post right here
sleemalax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 09:30 AM   #7
sleemalax
1st Gear Newbie

Nice Informative Blog having nice sharing..Courier tracking
sleemalax is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: