Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-11-2009, 05:16 PM   #1
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Miller defends T.o's cleanliness on CNN after U.S travel advisory

-

kinda sad. maybe he should pretend its snow & call in the military

Quote:
Miller defends Toronto's cleanliness on CNN

Mayor David Miller tried to defend his city's reputation as "Toronto the Clean" on Thursday — but his message of self-promotion was cut short by a technical glitch.

Miller was a guest on the U.S. cable network CNN to talk about the city's continuing civic workers strike and reports in American media that there are "mounds of trash throughout the city that is known for its cleanliness."

A report in the travel section of the San Francisco Chronicle caused a stir both north and south of the Canada-U.S. border when the newspaper put Toronto in its list of travel advisories.

"A strike by 24,000 municipal workers in Toronto shut down parks, recreation programs, ferry service and garbage collection June 22 .… Garbage has been piling up around bins, and residents were dumping their trash at 19 temporary dump sites, including city parks," the Chronicle reported on July 5.

On CNN, Miller tried to paint a picture of a city that is handling the situation.

"Despite the fact we have 30,000 people on strike, the city is coping very, very well," he said.

Pressed on whether tourism to Toronto will suffer, Miller said the city is managing the garbage problem.

"Despite all these challenges, it's actually a great time to visit Toronto," the mayor said.

Miller told interviewer Ali Velshi, whose parents live in Toronto, that he's hopeful a settlement will come soon.

As he spoke, video footage showed garbage bags piled in Toronto parks and on city streets.

"I think there's a deal to be reached," said Miller. "I mean, we're like every city in North America. The recession has hurt us. In our case, our welfare costs are up significantly. We're not proposing to lay off people, we're just asking people to accept that this year in the current economic climate is not a year for significant pay increases."

When pressed further on whether tourists might expect to see garbage problems if they visit, the satellite connection between Toronto and CNN in Atlanta, Ga., went dead.

"Clearly someone who didn't agree with his position on garbage got to our lines," Velshi joked.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/sto...n.html?ref=rss
Old 07-11-2009, 11:08 PM   #2
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
How retarded and embarrassing.

I bet Rogers hacked into the CNN satellites to ruin the signal because they're more concerned about misinforming people and painting fake pictures of the city.

Miller is just a giant liar, nothing new, really.

I think this is part of a giant misinformation conspiracy to draw more immigrants to Toronto. Just like there are programs to install billboards in third world countries (Central America, South Asia, etc) to attract people to Canada with fake promises of jobs and success.

BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:55 AM   #3
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Doesn't matter. Torontonians must be ****ing idiots to elect miller. And mark my words, once CUPE is legislated back to work, they'll elect him again.

I love toronto, i've lived here for 20 years, but i honestly can't think of a single other reason why torontonians would elect miller. They must be ****ing retarded.

2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 220M 19's, Michelin Supersports
2006 YZF-R6, bunch of go-fast stuff
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 10:51 AM   #4
sirex
King Sirex

it is mis information. I haven't seen garbage piling up on streets. Wow a couple of city garbage bins are full OMG OMG OMG.
Old 07-12-2009, 02:26 PM   #5
344i
5th Gear Member

Toronto owned. bahahah
344i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:36 PM   #6
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
it is mis information. I haven't seen garbage piling up on streets. Wow a couple of city garbage bins are full OMG OMG OMG.
Well if I am a tourist visiting the city (i'm assuming from a first world country) I would be disgusted seeing so much trash everywhere.

Last edited by BMW_7; 07-12-2009 at 05:39 PM.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:46 PM   #7
new_e46
3rd Gear Member

Miller is an ahole. Try to downplay the garbage problem. I'm glad the connection got cut off. Loser shouldn't even be on TV....
new_e46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:12 AM   #8
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
I'm glad Miller's holding out. This is the first time Miller's done anything right. Don't give in to the ****ing greedy unions! 7% raises eh? For picking up garbage? Gimme a break. Find a way to do your job more efficiently to earn that raise, ****in no-good useless greedy people.

How people think are entitled to raises for doing the same job at the same or even less efficiently, I will never understand.

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:57 AM   #9
Fel
Not Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_7 View Post
I bet Rogers hacked into the CNN satellites to ruin the signal because they're more concerned about misinforming people and painting fake pictures of the city.
You are kidding, right? Or have you reached the peak of your cynical hate parade on the city?
Old 07-13-2009, 02:26 PM   #10
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel View Post
You are kidding, right? Or have you reached the peak of your cynical hate parade on the city?
cynical hate parade indeed

Old 07-13-2009, 02:50 PM   #11
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
BMW_7 - So when's the last time you went to Toronto? I was there last week, and besides a few full garbage cans, there isn't that much to complain about, certainly nothing worthy of saying our city is dirtier than a first world country. I'm curious to know how old you are, as your posts don't show an intelligence higher than a 15 year old.

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:24 PM   #12
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by StikiGreenZ View Post
BMW_7 - So when's the last time you went to Toronto? I was there last week, and besides a few full garbage cans, there isn't that much to complain about, certainly nothing worthy of saying our city is dirtier than a first world country. I'm curious to know how old you are, as your posts don't show an intelligence higher than a 15 year old.
I was there today, probably the first thing I noticed was a ripped garbage bag at the corner of Keele and Dundas with cars stirring all the mess up.

Sorry, pictures (in the case video) don't lie. Honestly, this is clean to you? If you say yes I will rest my case.

Old 07-13-2009, 05:03 PM   #13
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Ay ay ay that is just bad. I say Montreal should have stayed as Canada's number one city. Too bad those French mofos had nothing in their brains.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:24 PM   #14
punnzzells
Banned

Send a message via MSN to punnzzells Send a message via Yahoo to punnzzells
and all of you idiots in toronto will get swayed by the media when it's election time and vote for that calk sucker again!
punnzzells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:51 PM   #15
Robb
EX E30 M3 Owner

Unions are a f 'in joke ! Cant stand them ! They are on par with Toronto's street gangs !
Btw, I heard some italian guy say on cp24 T.V. " The union people are are smellier than the garbage"
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: