Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 06:06 PM   #76
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

Nice split BigD!...but don't u find it difficult to make time for the gym on a saturday

Much respect to Justin who is stayin on top of this thread, even with the overwhelming response
Old 09-02-2004, 06:08 PM   #77
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally posted by Superman87
Nice split BigD!...but don't u find it difficult to make time for the gym on a saturday

Much respect to Justin who is stayin on top of this thread, even with the overwhelming response
I go to Gold's, they close at 8 both sat and sun.
Old 09-02-2004, 06:33 PM   #78
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

oh sweet, isn't it like 50 bucks a month tho!...but yeah..golds is an awesome gym if location and price work towards you.

good ol' basement weights will have to suffice this winter
Old 09-02-2004, 06:35 PM   #79
BimmiN
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to BimmiN
Quote:
Originally posted by BigD
I go to Gold's, they close at 8 both sat and sun.
I have a membership to a Gym that has three locations and is open 24/7. So I never have an excuse for skipping.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:15 PM   #80
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Originally posted by chitown
I just started work again, so I'm at my office from 8-5, get up at 6. Trying to figure out a good diet, I know to eat 6 small meals and snacks throughout the day, but I could use some help in this area.

Oh yeah, Justin, I never told you this or about my progress with those supplements I bought from you, but my retard dog was sniffing around in my room and "discovered it" which lead to someone else in my house to find it and throw it in the garbage because they thought it was steroids or something, lol
Hey bro... you did lose a couple pounds before the supps were lost, right? ... that sucks... the price on those supps nearly tripled since. Very scarce.. but I have a very good link on 25mg tabs if you need more. (not 8mg tabs like previously).

if you can get up earlier and do some cardio before work you'll have a huge benefit. you don't have a lot of weight to lose.. mainly toning up for you. As for your diet, what food resources are available to you around your workplace? How do you feel about preparing your food beforehand and bringing it into the office in a cooler?
Old 09-02-2004, 08:22 PM   #81
chitown
4th Gear Member

That's what I need to do is start bringing in food, that's the reason I'm asking, cause I can't be eating pizza and gyros and stuff everyday. In the mornings I usually eat cereal like Special K with 1% milk, but I also sometimes make a protein MRP. That's usually at 6-6:30. I don't eat again until 12pm. Then after that I won't eat until about 6ish, which is dinner time. So I sort of need some healthy ideas for in between breakfast and lunch and lunch and dinner. Other than tuna and turkey sandwiches, I'm a bit lost

Also I didn't do too well with the supps (was liquid btw, unless tabs is the same thing) as I wasn't on my normal routine, which was a total waste, but I think the most important thing for me is diet, becuase I would always get back into the gym and work hard, but my diet wasn't spot on like it should be and didn't really get any great results.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:26 PM   #82
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Originally posted by BimmiN
25, 5'10", 190

Seein as how I sit at a desk all day everyday, my arms were
getting pretty small, stomach getting big... and my legs were pretty small due to Knee surgery. When I would go snowboarding I would have to take breaks when coming down the mountain because my legs had become so weak.
So about 6 months ago i started going to the Gym. Within 6 weeks my snowboarding had improved hugely(Been snowboarding for 10 years, and was going to start competing the year I blew out my knee and had to have surgery).

So anyways, I am married which makes it hard to get to the gym even three days a week, but here is my schedule.

Mon: Chest & Arms
Wed: Legs
Fri: Shoulder & Back

I also try and do some cardio when I have time, but it doesnt always happen. I think that is what I have to work on the most to get rid of whats left of my stomach.

What are your thoughts on Nitric Oxide?
I'm glad to hear you're back on your road to recovery. You might want to look into some L-Glutamine to keep you in check. Also some creatine will help retain some water in your legs and knees, keep everything lubricated nice and keep you from cramping up. (providing you drink loads of water... otherwise it'll make you cramp up more.)

That's a good split you have. Yes, do cardio in the mornings on an empty stomach. Do your weights in the evenings. *OR* do split like:

Mon: Chest & Arms
Tues: Cardio
Wed: Legs
Thurs: Cardio
Fri: Shoulder & Back

I understand it's tough to find time, especially being married.. but it might be easier for you if you had a consistent 5-day schedule to deal with.. keep things routine.

Ah, I was waiting for someone to ask about Nitric Oxide. Before I state my personal feelings towards it... let me say that I haven't tried it yet, so my opinion is simply based on what I've heard from people who have used it, and from what I've read and researched myself.

I believe it's not something for everyone. It *MAY* work for you and it *MAY* be all just smoke and mirrors. I have one friend who went through 6 bottles without any results whatsoever. I have others who preach it's the catch-all supplement they've been waiting for their whole life.

I do feel that scientifically NO2 is great for most men and women. It increases vasodilation and is great for promoting not only muscle growth, but also stamina, blood flow, oxygen transport, and it can lower blood pressure. If the NO2 you buy doesn't already have it included, arginine alpha-ketoglutarate (A-AKG) and arginine-ketoisocaproate (A-KIC) can boost short term Nitric Oxide levels as well.

To learn more you can also try getting a book that costs about $1 at your local GNC. (this is one of the resources I've read which my opinion is based on.)

It is by Edward A. Byrd (Co-founder of EAS) called NO2-The 21 day Transformation. It tells all the ins and outs---very informative. Even tells how to gain the most benefits from using NO2 in conjunciton with your cycle/diet.

Needless to say, I am going to try NO2 next month... I will have a much more solid opinion after that.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:30 PM   #83
Justin e36
---

Quote:
Originally posted by app
What do you consider high reps?

Normally I just do 4-5 sets on every exercise. ie: Start with 10 lifts at 145 on bench, then 10 more at 185, then 10 more at 205, then as many as I can do at 225, then 2 at 245, then a final push at 265.

I think that basically combines them all doesn't it? High reps at a relatively high weight, then a really high weight with a low rep?
Low reps are considered 6-8
High reps are considered 10-15
Higest reps is "to failure" (when you can no longer move any weight)

4-5 sets may be too much depending on how much weight you're using. That's a good split you have for the bench, however try warming up with no weight (just the 45lb bar) for a good 12-15 reps to warm up and stretch. Also be sure to hit your triceps and back to develop your chest. You might want to consider making your last set a drop-set. For example: 245 to failure... drop to 180 to failure... drop to 100 to failure... drop to 45 (just the bar) to failure.

J
Old 09-02-2004, 08:43 PM   #84
Justin e36
---

Quote:
Originally posted by E36COMPACT
holy smokes Justin, I didn't realize how many pm's you were getting. I thought you forgot about my question a couple of days ago Anyways, what do you think about Anthony Eliss' mass gaining program? Like I said before, I know he won EAS' Body for life contest and I know he's close with Bill Phillips. Do you think his program is all hype or should I just do my own research and see what works for me. This question is for Justin or anyone who might have used or seen this program.
Anthony Ellis' book is very well written and provides deep insight for the scrawny who want to bulk up. I didn't read the whole book, but I read around 80% of it. Mind you, he has also used steroids for multiple cycles... but don't let this discourage you. He knows the ins and outs for us hardgainers and how to pack on the mass.

However, I don't think it's worth wasting your money on. Everything he teaches and preaches is readily available on the internet, or from experienced bulkers such as myself or BigD. You have the resources readily at hand, utilize them.

I hope this helps.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:44 PM   #85
Justin e36
---

Quote:
Originally posted by sirex
I think its Carbon Monoxide. The iron in your hemogoblin would rather take in Carbon Monoxide then Oxygen. (or is it carbon dioxide) . And it actually stays in the blood for a long time because it adheres so well.
Good call, yeah it's Carbon Monoxide... byproduct from the cigarette burning.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:48 PM   #86
Justin e36
---

Quote:
Originally posted by Slowered318
Justin.. later this fall you gotta hook me up with some of the stuff you gave Miguel.. that guy has grown!

I agree about the smoking.. you really start to feel it 2/3 of the way into a workout, even if you cut back to 4-7 a day you still feel it. And recovery time is much longer.. IMO
Sure thing... PM Miguel and ask him about the supplements I sold to him and everything. Then shoot me a PM and we'll work on something customized for you if you're still interested.

Yeap.. the only thing you can do to help you out a bit, is take verrrrry long deep breaths throughout your workout and while resting. This will help filter some of the binded carbon monoxide on you hemoglobin and allow fresh oxygen to be transported.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:56 PM   #87
Justin e36
---

Quote:
Originally posted by chia
I'm pretty damn scrawny, and i need to develop chest, arms and abs...

i have a set of barbells at home, but no bench.

is it unwise for me to just lift weights for my arms everyday? =/

and what are the best ways for me to develop abs, chest and arms with the barbells i have?
Scrawny is not a bad thing.. you'll be able to pack on the pounds, get big and you'll natrually be cut and defined like all the wonderful male models that women love so much.

Dumbells are awesome and you can develop pretty much any muscle group utilizing them. (for example you can do dumbell flyes for your chest, or even hammers.) You can do situps with the dumbells clutched to your chest as well.

If you lived closer I'd sell you my benchpress, I have only used it 3 times.. the paint is still solid on it too.

Anyway, yes it is unwise to lift weight for just your arms everyday. Your muscles a) need rest and recovery (time to grow) and b) you need you develop your secondary muscles to aid in the growth of your target muscle group. For more information on this, read what BigD's posting higher up---he explained this in further detail.

The primary thing for you, is you need to eat everything in sight. I'm serious... eat EVERYTHING. ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING... EAT IT. Do this, and work out... and you're going to pack on some solid muscle. Be sure to get your proteins in. Carbs and calories are your friend... eat them.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:59 PM   #88
Justin e36
---

Quote:
Originally posted by jeremy
so, i should do the randy weight loss program and work out to build the upper body ? shouldn't i be eating more to bulk up ala marky mark
Sorry I didn't see the picture you put up. It shows up blank for me. In either case, you can either bulk up or cut. You can't do both. If you want a model type body.. it's getting cold, now's the time to pack on the pounds and bulk up. Having a little extra fat around your waist isn't bad since you can cover it up with your winter clothes. Around February once you've acquired some more size, cut the fat out to reveal all the muscle you developed previously. This is when you'll use EMPOWERD's program. Read the rest of this thread for details on bulking up.

I hope that made sense. In other words, if you just want to lose the gut now... follow Randy's info. If you want to get bigger AND lose weight. Then you'll need to cycle... gain weight now, and cut it out later (including the gut).
Old 09-02-2004, 09:03 PM   #89
jeremy
6th Gear Member

cool...i think you should be my personal trainer
Old 09-02-2004, 09:04 PM   #90
Justin e36
---

Quote:
Originally posted by crusher
Justin wow we're really lucky to have you here on max.

As for me I plan on loosing fat and taking off the beer belly this winter time. i'm 26 / 195LB / 5'9 / 28.8 BMI according to http://nhlbisupport.com/bmi/bmicalc.htm

Like Millad, i eat tons of rice since i'm filipino my family cooks rice left and right! they're not helpful too.

Right now im stuck at 195LB.. I also don't mind taking suppliments

Jeff
Hey Jeff. Everything you need to know has been posted previously. But to give you a quick drilldown. Low carbs. No meals near bed time. Cardio on an empty stomach in the mornings. Drink coffee before every meal. Drink Grapefruit juice during/after every meal. 6-8 meals per day, and keep them small. I know the Philipino diet is difficult around the waist; I've had philipino girlfriends for 6 years. You might also want to look into supplements such as Ephedrine (stacked with Caffeine and Aspirin. Do a search on google for 'ECA STACK'.) I can provide what you need at good prices. You may also want to consider Clenbuterol. It's not a steroid though many confuse it as being one. Do a search on google for that too. If you are interested in using them, then let me know and I'll explain in further detail how to use it properly. We can hook up for a drink or whatever and we can design a proper meal plan, workout plan, and supplement plan to knock off the pounds you want.

J
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: