Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 08:58 PM   #751
jeffrie
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzSix
My muscles are totally unproprtional. My right bicep is like 3 times bigger than my left. I've always worked them out the same amoutn, I dont' know why this is. I guess I'll work out my left one only for a while to even it out, but the reason I posted this was about the chest. My left, uh, side of my chest is bigger than my right. Since when I work out my chest I use both arms at the same time I have no idea how to work out my right side more. I can't bench press with 1 arm. Any ideas ?
To add to Justin's ? about injury's in the past.
I awile back did pull my left tricept doing more then I should, and it took a long time to recover from it and had what you are decribing, stupidly I kept training and just nearsed my left side when that mucle was used.
eventualy I was off balanced. I just added an extra 5lbs weight on the left side to force me to use it, although never was trying to power lift or anything didn't want a relaps. After a long 3 weeks I was balanced again (stregnth wise) and in 6 weeks I couldn't tell size difference anymore.

A question about stretch marks for JUSTINE36 jk for all (too ignorant to read the 50+ pages), is their a prevetative maintenance way to avoid them or better yet a way to hide them if you already have blood red marks?

Current Mods....X-Brace, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust, 17/225/45 M3 Replicas, HotBits Adjustable Coil Overs, 40% LSD 3:91 Diff, E30 Gearbox, Boosted.

Last edited by jeffrie; 04-25-2006 at 09:01 PM.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:26 PM   #752
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrie
a way to hide them if you already have blood red marks?
They'll turn skin color fairly soon, don't worry.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:46 PM   #753
jeffrie
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD
They'll turn skin color fairly soon, don't worry.
Yes I know, have already had them heal in the past, I'v managed some nasty scars from other injury's as well that disapeared after a few years, problem with strech marks is that after 8 years the only difference is instead of blood red it's darker ripple marks mixed with lighter marks. Was wondering if their was a miracle grow/fix for this? Or a way to minimize this.

Current Mods....X-Brace, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust, 17/225/45 M3 Replicas, HotBits Adjustable Coil Overs, 40% LSD 3:91 Diff, E30 Gearbox, Boosted.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:49 PM   #754
saix
rawr

Send a message via AIM to saix
Ok my turn
I pm'd you a long time ago and you said you would write me something up but never did so I will post in here.

Im 17
5'10
130lb

Goal: Gain a ton of weight around 180 area and lots of muscle

Yes im extremely skinny! I'm very anti-social and depressed and hoping lifting can help me get out of a depression somewhat and build my confidence. I have horrible eating habbits, I actually dont eat much at all...I usually drink water and eat snacks and whatever my mom cooks me for dinner but I disect it and eat very little still.

All I have at home is a bench, and an EZ bar. Really would like to do things in my home, but if it takes a gym let me know.

What and when should I eat *specific helps like food names*
Vitamins and Protein drinks?
Workout routines?
Old 04-25-2006, 10:06 PM   #755
abc12
4th Gear Member

with all these weight gainers, creatine, protein powder, will i just look bigger and stronger, or will i actually be stronger and bigger if u know what i mean,

i went to the GNC, he was telling me to use something called Mege Mass, anyone take this
Old 04-25-2006, 10:22 PM   #756
jeffrie
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc12
with all these weight gainers, creatine, protein powder, will i just look bigger and stronger, or will i actually be stronger and bigger if u know what i mean,

i went to the GNC, he was telling me to use something called Mege Mass, anyone take this
I'v always avoided all that crap, and from my experience training with all that, the ones who I know use it.
1. Weight seems to be just water retention.
2. Alot of sugar will make anyone workout harder & lift more provided they have it in their system (can't have it any other time, then their useless).
3. They all end up weak & fat shortly after they take a break.
4. They do look good and gain alot of mass when on the sh*t.

I'm not their for size or how I look, just tuffness and stregnth, so I'm very bias in my oppinion.

Old 04-25-2006, 10:31 PM   #757
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saix

All I have at home is a bench, and an EZ bar. Really would like to do things in my home, but if it takes a gym let me know.

What and when should I eat *specific helps like food names*
Vitamins and Protein drinks?
Workout routines?
step one: EAT LIKE A MOFO stop disecting things....u remind me of myself at the age of 14 ...you need to suck it up and EAT!!..if you are maintaining 130lbs @ 5'10 with ease(those are my old stats ) then you SERIOUSLY need to stop worrying about 'eating the perfect food' and just eat everything

foodnames: discussed earlier in this thread....incorporate a WEIGHT gainer meal into ur diet....(my weight gainer meal is my breakfast which is outlined on the 1st page of this thread i believe).....just read thru the first few pages o fthe thread...justin has answered all of your questions and then some bro

good luck with the training
Old 04-29-2006, 05:22 AM   #758
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by chia
Hey justin, any tips/suggestions you can give me for best results?

I'm 5'11, 19 years old, 160 lbs, and like long walks on the beach.

I haven't been physically active for about 2 years, and then, i had no routine/experience/proper training/diets.

Goals: A nice build (chest/arms), strength (punches), and my entire life, i've had HORRIBLE endurance, so i want to work on that a bit. also, i don't know if any workouts help better posture, i have BAD posture, but my posture did feel better when i did work out.

For the past year, i've lived on my own and all i really eat is take-out, but this summer, i'm forcing myself to go the whole 9 yards. i'm willing to go on a proper diet, since i'm forced to cook on my own, etc.

the gym in my building i'm using is VERY limited.
-Elliptical machine
-Treadmill
-Bike machine
-Multi-gym machine

...NO FREE WEIGHTS.

i have a set of barbells in my suite, but no bench of anything (not much room in here)

stretches? what exercises i should be doing? in what reps? what supplements? a rough schedule?

Thanks
Hey Chia,

On Max, we have a timelimit of a few hours to edit our posts, after that time the post is automatically locked.

The most important thing right now is simply getting into routine, that is a proper exercise/diet/sleep schedule. Getting into a routine where you cook your own meals, and spend time at the gym. Your goals are well rounded, but difficult to attain since you want a mix of bodybuilding (physique), powerlifting (strength), and cardiovascular exercises (endurance). This is not impossible, but it will be more complex than most people's goals. The next step is to prioritize what's most important to you, which I believe you have done already.

Physique > Strength > Endurance

I would recommend getting access to a weight bag, and possibly signing up for some fitness boxing, or a similar activity. Sparring, boxing, and the like will help give you a lot of what you desire. Boxing is primarily anerobic in nature, that is---it stresses your muscles at short intervals, at high intensity. If you get involved in a fitness club, you'll find most of the guys there are positive individuals looking to help one another out. It's a healthy atmosphere to be a part of. This combined with the cardiovascular and universal machine you have at your disposal will get you where you want to be in no time. This will also work in hand with the jogging/running on off-days that you were planning.

Let me know if this is an appealing idea to you, and then we can work on how to incorporate something like this with the equipment at your disposal to help you reach your goals. If you'd rather just stick to what you already have available, let me know and we can work from there to develop a workout split, proper diet, exercises to get you started, and so forth.

Also, improving posture is actually quite easy to do at the gym. There are the usual exercises involving pilates, an exercise/posture ball will help too. Using weights or a machine, basic back and shoulder exercises will help vastly improve posture. Being 6'2" myself, I used to suffer from a slouchy posture... back/shoulder exercises combined with hyperextensions, have eliminated the problem completely for me.
Old 04-29-2006, 05:38 AM   #759
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Lipozone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betray
i just saw a commericial for a product called lipozone? im pretty sure its BS, but can anyone confirm this?

on a side note, im curious on something.. passed month ive lost about 20 pounds, by doing 20min cardio almost everyday. i used to eat alot everyday, but its really cut down with me smoking (1-3 small meals a day). im 6'2 started at 225 and now at 208. i just wanna make sure summer comes around and i dont gain it back.. anything im doing wrong? i know eating 1 meal a day is really bad.. but sometimes i cant stomach anything. im really pushin on it so i try to have even smaller meals so i can squeeze in 3 snacks.

thanks!
Ugh, yeah don't bother with Lipozone. I was at my friend's place a few days ago and she bought it too. It can help, sure... but as a DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide) product, it is applied topically and absorbed into the skin. The product contains mainly Amadorine, and Caffeine, and things of that nature to help reduce cellulite. Even if it did work as claimed, I still would not recommend it for you. Simply because men do not suffer from cellulite as women do. Men have thicker epidermal skin, and our fat stores are deeper below the skin. Cellulite is when fat pushes against the skin, and causes a bubbly 'cottage cheese' appearance. Women often get this after pregnancy on their abdomen, thighs, and buttocks. Guys on the other hand, very rarely see this condition. And even if you do have some cellulite, this product would not absorb deep enough under the skin to be effective.

Congratulations on the weight loss! That's an amazing achievement. As long as you continue doing what you're doing, the weight will not come back. The problem is many people lose weight, are happy with the results.. then stop. Their metabolism and thyroid have not adjusted to the person's new weight, and they oftentimes rebound back where they are. Although physically your body has changed, biologically you're body is still the same. The key here is a maintenance phase where you can slowly ween off the cardio, and perhaps begin moving to weights to help tone your body as your body gets used to the new weight.

Eating one meal a day is indeed very bad for your body, simply because your body is now lacking many of the nutrients it requires for your organs and digestive system to work effectively. A lot of the time, after eating so little you will rarely get hungry, and when you do eat your body will often retaliate with stomach aches, intestinal pains, and painful stools. This is simply because your body can't properly deal with breaking down food and transporting the nutrients. My recommendation is to pick up some MRP's (meal replacements) while can help replenish most of the nutrients your body is lacking. Combine this with a decent multivitamin, and some high fibre food (such as oatmeal) to help slow the digestive process. MRP shake powder is available at any health food store, and ready-made MRP milkshakes are available at pharmacies such as Shoppers Drug Mart as well. Also, when you do eat your one meal a day, make sure to change it up all the time. Not the same meal all the time, as you do need variation too.

Keep us posted on your progress...
Old 04-29-2006, 07:42 PM   #760
b_w.
2nd Gear Member

this thread makes me want to get back into summer shape already. started the program to cut down right before exams started (bad idea). its really tough to eat well and train regularly when studying hard. i am going to start watching my calories instead of just winging it. i have decreased from 215-220ish to 209-210 but if i want the fat to melt away quicker i need to watch things a little more closely. lots of supersets, drop sets, interval training, and eca ftw. time to get back on the program
Old 04-29-2006, 08:33 PM   #761
abc12
4th Gear Member

yeah, think i'm gonna get a bucket of protein powder, can anyone suggest one that won't cause any problems or side effects, wanna stay natural as much as i can, but will need some suggestions on what brands of protein powder would be the right choce,,
Old 04-30-2006, 09:19 PM   #762
b_w.
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc12
yeah, think i'm gonna get a bucket of protein powder, can anyone suggest one that won't cause any problems or side effects, wanna stay natural as much as i can, but will need some suggestions on what brands of protein powder would be the right choce,,
i like isopro ultra low carb
Old 04-30-2006, 10:06 PM   #763
chia
Keepin' It Fake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin e36
Hey Chia,

On Max, we have a timelimit of a few hours to edit our posts, after that time the post is automatically locked.

The most important thing right now is simply getting into routine, that is a proper exercise/diet/sleep schedule. Getting into a routine where you cook your own meals, and spend time at the gym. Your goals are well rounded, but difficult to attain since you want a mix of bodybuilding (physique), powerlifting (strength), and cardiovascular exercises (endurance). This is not impossible, but it will be more complex than most people's goals. The next step is to prioritize what's most important to you, which I believe you have done already.

Physique > Strength > Endurance

I would recommend getting access to a weight bag, and possibly signing up for some fitness boxing, or a similar activity. Sparring, boxing, and the like will help give you a lot of what you desire. Boxing is primarily anerobic in nature, that is---it stresses your muscles at short intervals, at high intensity. If you get involved in a fitness club, you'll find most of the guys there are positive individuals looking to help one another out. It's a healthy atmosphere to be a part of. This combined with the cardiovascular and universal machine you have at your disposal will get you where you want to be in no time. This will also work in hand with the jogging/running on off-days that you were planning.

Let me know if this is an appealing idea to you, and then we can work on how to incorporate something like this with the equipment at your disposal to help you reach your goals. If you'd rather just stick to what you already have available, let me know and we can work from there to develop a workout split, proper diet, exercises to get you started, and so forth.

Also, improving posture is actually quite easy to do at the gym. There are the usual exercises involving pilates, an exercise/posture ball will help too. Using weights or a machine, basic back and shoulder exercises will help vastly improve posture. Being 6'2" myself, I used to suffer from a slouchy posture... back/shoulder exercises combined with hyperextensions, have eliminated the problem completely for me.
i wish i could join extreme fitness right beside me and benefit from all of their equipment, but right now, i don't have the money for a membership. however, i'm going to get a ryerson gym membership.

i'd appreciate it if you could help me in developing a work out split but possibly utilize the multi-gym machine i have in my building (and the exercises i can do with them), so i can avoid going downtown to the ryerson gym everyday i workout.
i.e. 1. day using only multi gym machine... another day going down to ryerson to use the free weights, etc.

a basic diet plan would be great too.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:35 PM   #764
Justin e36
---

Overloading Creatine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328power
Justin,

I have a friend that just advised me that hes at week 5 of his creatine cycle and has gained 25lbs !!!! I was like " what the hell .. what are you doing ? "

He then send me this like / info :

I think hes overdosing badly !!! and told him to watch himself since thats not normal weight gain your kidneys are taking a beating with that much creatine...

He went from 165 to 190 in 5 weeks !! ... he does look bloated ofcourse !

Andro-Shock

Andro-Shock is a new precision androgenic support
complex which contains a blend of seven unique
nutrients designed to naturally reinforce testosterone
levels. Included in this formula are herbal extracts of
Tribulus terrestris and A.M.U, which have been widely
used by athletes seeking a natural alternative to
anabolic steroids. Andro-Shock also contains
precise amounts of the natural bioactive compounds
chrysin and saw palmetto, which scientific studies
show may minimize the conversion of testosterone to
estrogen and dihydrotestosterone (DHT), and
facilitate estrogen clearance.

Click Here For More Info On Andro-Shock
And How To Get A Free Course On
Raising Testosterone Levels Naturally

FITNESS TIPS FOR 3/14/2001

Creatine Usage - Absolute Best Creatine Cycling

How To Gain 8 to 10 Pounds Of Muscle Within The Next
Eight Weeks!
By Dan Gallapoo

Some people have noticed that they have some gastric
upset and diarreah when they start their creatine cycle
with a 20 to 25 gram "loading cycle". And I've found
that the commonly recommended maintenance dosage
of 5 grams a day is just not enough for many people
to get maximum benefits.

Here's a plan that should help you get the maximum
cell volumizing and muscle building effects from
creatine without much (if any) gastric distress.

Creatine Loading Cycle

WEEK # DAILY DOSAGE (grams)
1 10
2 20
3 30
4 40
5 40
6 30
7 20
8 10

This cycle is a fairly long one which allows you to
retain the cell volumizing effect for a longer period
of time. This provides more opportunity to gain the
benefits associated with creatine usage (strength
increase, increased rate of hypertrophy, etc.)

You may not start seeing and feeling benefits until
the third week of the cycle. The third week is usually
about the optimal dosage for most people.

All I can say is that this special creatine cycling plan
has exceeded all expectations! I am only in my fourth
week of the eight week cycle and...

"I've already gained a solid 7 pounds of bodyweight
and have increased my squat forty pounds!"

Almost all of my other lifts have gone up, too.

I've had moderate success with creatine use in the past,
but nothing like I'm experiencing now. Every time I go
into the gym I'm stronger. And the pumps are
incredible...almost as good as a steroid pump!

P.S. This creatine cycle works great while stacking it
with "Andro-Shock" .

There are a few things to say here. Foremost I'll just be blunt... trulyhuge.com and another similar website are commonly used within bodybuilding circles to site ridiculous references to show others, while the person themselves are on a steroid cycle. "I'm on creatine" is the common response from steroid users, then they provide a similar link or article. I've seen people do it tons of times. With that said, I will not assume your friend is on steroids.. though if he has chipmunk cheeks and seems to be sweating more readily, I wouldn't rule that possibility out. It's possible that he was referenced this article from someone else, and decided to try it out for himself.

With that said, there is no clear literature on how much creatine is too much. Excess creatine is usually processed by the liver passed to the kidneys kidneys quite easily when excreted through the urine. Creatine monohydrate is not an alklyd, and as such is not highly liver toxic on it's own---it is processed by the liver only once. Creatine exhibits a saturation-type kinetic absoption, so taking too much creatine will offer no true benefits in terms of bodybuilding.. it's just added stress on the liver & kidneys.

The real problem arises after long term creatine usage where fat stores can build up in the liver, which can slowly shut it down. Over time, this can become dangerous... luckily our liver's have an amazing capacity to regenerate itself over time. This is one of the reason's why taking time off creatine (cycling it) is so important. To allow your body's organs a recovery time.

Creatine is converted to creatnine in the liver, which is then excreted through the kidneys. Typically this is of no real concern, unless you have previous kidney damage. There is no actual literature citing real world kidney damage due to creatine as this point.

If your friend truly is taking this much creatine, I'd be interested if he took a urine analysis and scanned the results for us to see... because really without actually cutting him open for a biopsy, this is our best indicator. I assume his organs would be under stress, and this would be reflected in his analysis.. but nothing overly alarming. It with so much water retention he'd be suffering from hypertension/high blood pressure. Make sure he keeps an eye on this and takes a suitable diuretic if things get out of hand. Also if he's suffering from creatine related muscle cramps, he'll need to increase his potassium and water intake.

Keep us posted on this... would like to hear more about what happens..
Old 05-02-2006, 05:38 PM   #765
Justin e36
---

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD
Not anymore. Someone beat it and I'm not Junior anymore to be able to do anything about it. But 700 will fall June 24th. Provided I don't get injured I'm on track. I tried 705 last week but one of the gym monkeys I got to spot me was grabbing the weight on one side twisting me over, I grunted at him to let go, he dropped it and it swung me the other way. I lost control and dropped it, pinching my left pinky against the safety pin. This is what a hand looks like that had a 705lb bar dropped on it:
Ouch... damn, why'd he hold it. I watched that video like 10x in a row now. Who beat the junior record? How much weight did he push? What country is he from? .. damn.

BTW.. it's just not right for a 280LB man to name the picture of his injured finger booboo1.jpg

Are you going to go get that dried blood drained out?
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: