Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-27-2006, 03:16 PM   #31
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one

bennyL, dont forget the s52 came in Mcoupes with a higher redline. little more than 240 too

2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 220M 19's, Michelin Supersports
2006 YZF-R6, bunch of go-fast stuff
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 03:16 PM   #32
Daddy
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzM
Don't forget about the monster miatas with the Ford small block 302 (mustang 5.0L engine).

T.
The balance of the car is totally thrown out the door too since the 302 is much heavier than the stocker. I spoke to someone who did the sway and they mentioned the car is really tail happy - too much power to the ground for the car...
Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 03:51 PM   #33
DriveItSideways
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrie
Dodge Viper is a good example of of this and sales do well for them.
Obviously people see something you don't.
You make no sence.
DriveItSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 08:07 PM   #34
tlaselva
1800+ HP Driveway

Send a message via MSN to tlaselva
My motor is a maxed out LS6. Tell me who wouldn't want a N/A V8 with almost 700HP to the crank in an E36. It makes enough power to go sideway's at highway speeds at any rpm. It also within 50lbs of a S54 motor, gets better gas mileage, and makes substantially more power. So tell me where it looses to a 'high tech S54'?

If this was available a few years back, I would have gone this route instead of buying a Vette.

A used LS6 out of a Vette can be had for 4G's. It can likely be installed for under 10G's, and that's not even considering selling your existing motor. Tell me were in BMW's arsenal your going to get 350/350 to the wheels, get 25mph, and has the simplicity and reliability of a N/A motor all for that kind of money.

2010 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport

2010 GSX-R 750

2003 C5 Z06
LS7 427CI w/ECS Novi 2000 : Caravaggio Widebody and Full Leather & Alcantra Interior
903rwhp/815rwtq : 10.3@152mph

Last edited by tlaselva; 07-27-2006 at 08:15 PM.
tlaselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:28 PM   #35
jeffrie
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout_E36
You make no sence.
Really, I beg to differ.

Geuss it's just my oppinion but think this is a good example of the fun factor with a bigger more powerful engine is installed into a lighter car along with the advantages tlaselva spoke of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-KKY...rch=top%20gear

Current Mods....X-Brace, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust, 17/225/45 M3 Replicas, HotBits Adjustable Coil Overs, 40% LSD 3:91 Diff, E30 Gearbox, Boosted.

Last edited by jeffrie; 07-27-2006 at 09:58 PM.
jeffrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 10:41 PM   #36
DriveItSideways
Banned

Quote:
Really, I beg to differ.

Geuss it's just my oppinion but think this is a good example of the fun factor with a bigger more powerful engine is installed into a lighter car along with the advantages tlaselva spoke of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-KKY...rch=top%20gear

You are comparing a compact import with an american v8 to an american muscle car with its original motor. Your argument doenst make sence. Obviously a viper is a better bet due to waaaay bigger tires, heavy duty suspension.. a frame that is designed for the specific charactaristics of the vehicle. You take a plane jane miata and throw in a big boy five o and its bound to throw the ass end out every time the pedal even sences your foot near it.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:58 PM   #37
jeffrie
Addict

Wasn't comparing a Heavy cast Iron pig 5.0l in a miata to a viper.
Was comparing a LS1 Aluminium 327 in a e36.
Just used the Viper as an example as to how not everyone wants to pay big bucks for power (which was never part of the e36 criteria, doesn't stop people from wanting to chage it) which can easily be obtained ealsewere then the BMW engine line up and have other unrelated advantages.
As for controling way too much power, it's easy up shift to a higher gear.
I can garentee you if in 3rd gear at 60 kph it will not spin out with 15% throttle unless it's on NOS or something even then I doubt it.
And if that's the case chaces are if your still alive it's becuase you actualy know how to drive a high H.P. car.

Current Mods....X-Brace, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust, 17/225/45 M3 Replicas, HotBits Adjustable Coil Overs, 40% LSD 3:91 Diff, E30 Gearbox, Boosted.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:39 AM   #38
DriveItSideways
Banned

Quote:
I can garentee you if in 3rd gear at 60 kph it will not spin out with 15% throttle unless it's on NOS or something even then I doubt it.
And if that's the case chaces are if your still alive it's becuase you actualy know how to drive a high H.P. car.

Are you still referring to the e36 ls1? cuz i stated above that in the miata if you pressed the gass as much as 15% the tires lite up. Also even in the e36 case.. if that ls1 is putting out anything near 450-500 then you can forget about what you just said cuz i know for a fact that an e36 chassis with that kind of hp will cause serious wheel spin doesnt matter if your a pro or not. It sounds 2 me that you have no experience driving high hp cars.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:21 AM   #39
jeffrie
Addict

Quote:
It sounds 2 me that you have no experience driving high hp cars.

You and I both.

225 bhp is the most I'v ever had on tap to play with.

I'm all for too much power in a light weight vehicle combo, cheap alternative to purchasing something that came that way.
You havn't given me enough info to convince me otherwise.
agreed to disagrred

Old 07-28-2006, 10:40 AM   #40
tlaselva
1800+ HP Driveway

Send a message via MSN to tlaselva
Excessive torque can be managed.

One of the most cost effective ways is going with a R compound tire like a Nitto 555r, or even better, a BFG D/R. Both excellent in linear grip. Then beyond that, like many 800+rwtq TT Vettes do is going with a taller gear.
This in effect will lower your torque to the wheels, and raise your HP.
Torque is what makes you spin and break driveline parts. Trust me, I know. . .

Last edited by tlaselva; 07-28-2006 at 10:57 AM.
tlaselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:34 AM   #41
DriveItSideways
Banned

Quote:
You and I both.

225 bhp is the most I'v ever had on tap to play with.

I'm all for too much power in a light weight vehicle combo, cheap alternative to purchasing something that came that way.
You havn't given me enough info to convince me otherwise.
agreed to disagrred
1. Speak for yourself, ive played with all kinds of toys with double 225hp from prepped race cars to modded street cars so i dunno why your saying "both you and I" you dont know me, dont make stupid assumptions.
2. Your still comparing a modded car to an original car.
3. If your about too much power in a light weight vehicle then why are you talkin about the viper? last time i checked it wasnt a "light weight", it has tons of power/trq with matching balanced weight.
5. You said yourself that you have only played with 225hp, with that said how can you gurantee me that an e36ls1 cant spin the tires at 60kph??? explain this to me since your the expert here.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:39 AM   #42
JMW
Pole busted to boosted.

^^^ i aggree with you....a viper has been carefully engineered to handle its power to weight .....it will spin if u want it to... but can still be driven down the street as a daily driver without eating tires....a miata with a 5 ltr engine..i kno someone from sarnia that did it...ye its cool i guess..and cheap way to get power....but isnt fast in the quarter mile..and definatly not around twisties...since any time pedal is hit..it jsut stand stil and burns out...and coming out of corners ..if u hit the gas ..instant spinage....and ps...an e36 goin 60..would definatly spin tires with an LS1 engine..100%

Official Team BIMMERSPORTAUTOMOTIVE vehicle owner.
support: thanks to. Bimmersport automotive and audio 2 go (ATG motoring)

Quote:
Originally Posted by junaid
"i saw your car there when i was there a few weeks ago, looks absolutely stunning man. I think i popped a ****ing boner, that paint looks sick
JMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 02:33 PM   #43
jeffrie
Addict

Quote:
1. Speak for yourself, ive played with all kinds of toys with double 225hp from prepped race cars to modded street cars so i dunno why your saying "both you and I" you dont know me, dont make stupid assumptions.
Possibly, but I do not beleive you actualy driven it as opposed to put around with it if even that is true, you speak to vaugly reaking of in-experienc.
But your right I shouldn't make stupid assumptions.

Quote:
2. Your still comparing a modded car to an original car.
no comparing cost effectivness of power to weight ratio with best bang for your buck, if you do not have an issue why swap anything, just spend a tonn of money and buy a Mcleren F1.[/QUOTE]

3. If your about too much power in a light weight vehicle then why are you talkin about the viper? last time i checked it wasnt a "light weight", it has tons of power/trq with matching balanced weight. [/QUOTE]
Viper has 500 hp and 500 ftlbs and is only 3200 lbs, if that's balenced for you then well...

Quote:
5. You said yourself that you have only played with 225hp, with that said how can you gurantee me that an e36ls1 cant spin the tires at 60kph??? explain this to me since your the expert here.
Your right I can't just from my experience I really doubt anything could.

Old 07-28-2006, 04:59 PM   #44
jeffrie
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure GQ
....a miata with a 5 ltr engine..i kno someone from sarnia that did it...ye its cool i guess..and cheap way to get power....but isnt fast in the quarter mile..and definatly not around twisties...since any time pedal is hit..it jsut stand stil and burns out...and coming out of corners
Must be something wrong with this one other then it's riding the ass of a corvette till it passes it, still, it only cost 4g's to build not including perchase price of the car. Not bad IMO

http://videos.streetfire.net/categor...550A941AD7.htm

Last edited by jeffrie; 07-28-2006 at 05:04 PM.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:09 PM   #45
JMW
Pole busted to boosted.

well....i jsut ate my words...^^ touchee

Official Team BIMMERSPORTAUTOMOTIVE vehicle owner.
support: thanks to. Bimmersport automotive and audio 2 go (ATG motoring)

Quote:
Originally Posted by junaid
"i saw your car there when i was there a few weeks ago, looks absolutely stunning man. I think i popped a ****ing boner, that paint looks sick
JMW is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: