Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > X series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-02-2019, 02:51 PM   #1
szutter
1st Gear Newbie

2012 X5d Fuse questions about EGR/SCR/DPF Delete & Swirl Flap Removal

I have just completed the agonizing task of doing a EGR/SCR/DPF Delete & Swirl Flap Removal on my 2012 BMW X5 35d (E70).

Thank you to everyone who has posted information in this forum about doing this work as it really helped me out and I really appreciate all of the extra work it takes to post a great How To Guide beyond the amount of work it takes to preform this upgrade, so Thank You.

I did have a question about Fusing however as most of the posts I used to do this work were from the 335d forum and the fusing in the X5d varies from the 335d so I am left with some questions that I am having a difficult time tracking down. Add to that the fact that the fusing charts for the BMW's are nothing more than indecipherable pictures I am truly at a loss.

So, does anyone know what fuses in each of the three fuse box locations are no longer required? I am sure there are specific fuses for each of the systems and sensors that I removed including other systems such as the DEF/UREA tanks (pumps/heaters) that are no longer required to be powered up.

I am also wanting to re-purpose my Active UREA tank to house methanol as I will be adding a methanol injection system shortly and would like to use that tank instead of installing another new tank in the trunk.

I believe there are pumps and heaters associated with the Active tank that I will be removing and capping off, however in either case I wouldn't need those powered up anymore after removing the other half of those systems out from my exhaust system.

If anyone has an idea of the fuse locations, fuse numbers and description of what they power I would really appreciate if you could share that with me.

I will also be posting items for sale that I have removed as part of this upgrade, so if anyone is interested and needs some parts let me know as some of these systems can be ultra expensive to replace.

Thank You
szutter is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: