Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Photography
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-05-2008, 04:02 PM   #106
mellobudd
jumblebee

Send a message via MSN to mellobudd Send a message via Yahoo to mellobudd

ok, I've upgrade my set-up...still the 40D, I just acquired a 10-22mm wide angle, 70-30mm f/4 L, 24-105mm f/4 L, 50mm 1.8 and the 17-85mm kit lens. Im still working on my portfolio, and still working on my post-processing techniques. Though I love to attend school, time is not working out well on my side right now. I just read books at work. Getting married this June, priorities. I've looked at Humber's creative photography, is there any other school that you guys recommend? International Academy of Design? Sheridan?
mellobudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:04 PM   #107
ZHP_Bimmer05
Photographer/DJ/Engineer

Send a message via MSN to ZHP_Bimmer05
im @ sheridan, taking engineering though, i can look into some info for you on the program, and also, i can teach you HDR imaging if you every feel you want to learn that, and im ok with photoshop CS3. Feel free to add me to msn, I also am into photography I currently own a Canon Rebel XTi, w/ 15-80mm lens, and planning to get a 50-200 or 300mm lens with image stabilizer.

2004 Mazda RX8 GT: 6spd VR
ZHP_Bimmer05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:11 PM   #108
kerisabe
Capturing the Impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellobudd View Post
ok, I've upgrade my set-up...still the 40D, I just acquired a 10-22mm wide angle, 70-30mm f/4 L, 24-105mm f/4 L, 50mm 1.8 and the 17-85mm kit lens. Im still working on my portfolio, and still working on my post-processing techniques. Though I love to attend school, time is not working out well on my side right now. I just read books at work. Getting married this June, priorities. I've looked at Humber's creative photography, is there any other school that you guys recommend? International Academy of Design? Sheridan?
Wow, you've acquired a nice collection of lens in such a short period of time! Just make sure that the lens you have are sharp, do some testing shooting wide open, if they're not sharp, considering they're all still under warranty, you either send them back to the store you bought it from or send it to Canon Canada for calibration.

As for school, since you don't have the time, I think it's best for you to read the photography magazines and forums. You'll learn alot from there and for sure you have to spend time playing around with the programs like Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop. I'm no expert at these programs by any means but I can assist you with some things if needed. Just PM me
Old 05-06-2008, 09:10 AM   #109
daytona
6th Gear Member

Im using a older Canon 10D camera with a few "L" lens...I rather spend money on better glass than upgrading to a newer body...you see some photographers spending tons of money on the new bodies but spend less money on average lenses.The heart and soul is still the glass,then you work your way down from there...
daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 01:03 AM   #110
mellobudd
jumblebee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerisabe View Post
Wow, you've acquired a nice collection of lens in such a short period of time! Just make sure that the lens you have are sharp, do some testing shooting wide open, if they're not sharp, considering they're all still under warranty, you either send them back to the store you bought it from or send it to Canon Canada for calibration.

As for school, since you don't have the time, I think it's best for you to read the photography magazines and forums. You'll learn alot from there and for sure you have to spend time playing around with the programs like Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop. I'm no expert at these programs by any means but I can assist you with some things if needed. Just PM me
Thanks kerisabe! I love the set up that I have right now. Im just not ready for a full frame. Though I've tried some of the other "L" lenses they have, I'm quite impressed with some of the brands like Tokina's, specifically their 12-24mm wide angle zoom and their 10-17mm fish eye lens that costs half the price than of canon's. Very sharp. The body is made of metal not plastic. I will for sure contact you for some info. Cheers!

Last edited by mellobudd; 05-07-2008 at 01:07 AM.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:14 AM   #111
mellobudd
jumblebee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHP_Bimmer05 View Post
im @ sheridan, taking engineering though, i can look into some info for you on the program, and also, i can teach you HDR imaging if you every feel you want to learn that, and im ok with photoshop CS3. Feel free to add me to msn, I also am into photography I currently own a Canon Rebel XTi, w/ 15-80mm lens, and planning to get a 50-200 or 300mm lens with image stabilizer.
Nice! I would love to learn HDR. Im just totting around with version 7 Adobe, I downloaded the CS3 but it was for Mac Sure man, PM me our addy email for msn. Thanks!
Old 05-07-2008, 01:15 AM   #112
ZHP_Bimmer05
Photographer/DJ/Engineer

Send a message via MSN to ZHP_Bimmer05
its right under my avatar

2004 Mazda RX8 GT: 6spd VR
ZHP_Bimmer05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 05:06 PM   #113
tifosi
5th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to tifosi
Just got a new camera. Now I am ready for the F1 next week.

Old 05-28-2008, 05:31 PM   #114
kerisabe
Capturing the Impossible

^^^

sweet!
Old 06-02-2008, 10:18 AM   #115
330ci05
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post
Just got a new camera. Now I am ready for the F1 next week.

what section do you have the tickets on??

what are those things on the lense??
330ci05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:30 AM   #116
tifosi
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330ci05 View Post
what section do you have the tickets on??

what are those things on the lense??
I'll be at the first row at the grand stand right beside the entry of Senna corner, that's Grand Stand 12 if I remember correctly.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:29 PM   #117
330ci05
6th Gear Member

Quote:
I'll be at the first row at the grand stand right beside the entry of Senna corner, that's Grand Stand 12 if I remember correctly.
NICE!!!! i'll be at 33,,, going to bring my XTI with me nd take some pics too, but by the looks of it your will turn out better

by the way, wha do does things on the lense do?

thanks!
Old 06-02-2008, 02:27 PM   #118
tifosi
5th Gear Member

Quote:
NICE!!!! i'll be at 33,,, going to bring my XTI with me nd take some pics too, but by the looks of it your will turn out better

by the way, wha do does things on the lense do?

thanks!
that's the lens hood.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lens_hood
Old 06-02-2008, 03:45 PM   #119
330ci05
6th Gear Member

Quote:
ahhh, thanks!

are you going just for the race on sunday?
Old 06-02-2008, 03:52 PM   #120
tifosi
5th Gear Member

Quote:
ahhh, thanks!

are you going just for the race on sunday?
I'll be there for the whole weekend.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: