Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-10-2005, 10:32 AM   #16
EuroSpectacle
88iS

Send a message via MSN to EuroSpectacle

lol your an ass^^ hahaha funny as shit though.

Thats cool ten grand. but you might as well make the trade use the extra 6 grand on the superbird cause having two project cars wont work out unless you got alot of cash.
EuroSpectacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 10:34 AM   #17
EuroSpectacle
88iS

also would you like to do me a favour... ask or see what hes got lying around for a duster. anything, engines tranny's whatever..
Old 08-10-2005, 12:08 PM   #18
635CSi
Almost Painted 6er

Send a message via MSN to 635CSi
Ya no prob, I'll check out what he has but send me a list of what you need and I'll hand him a the list plus it wont be till October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroSpectacle
also would you like to do me a favour... ask or see what hes got lying around for a duster. anything, engines tranny's whatever..
635CSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 12:25 PM   #19
EuroSpectacle
88iS

yah no prob.. im not sure if i want 4 spd or to stay with the auto, so ill get back to you on that list. every mopar guy has like 2 or 3 tranny's around anyway so he may have what i need. thanx in advance
Old 08-10-2005, 01:09 PM   #20
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Id take an eurospeck M kitted 635CSI 5spd over that "superbird" anyday.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual- Modded
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'91 BMW 850i J Spec-ST Tuning Kit- Lowered-Wokke Chips- Custom Exhaust- 18" MK1's-KN Filters+ M Steering Wheel- Stereo Upgrade +++
'88 BMW 635CSi Lowered
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig WILD RIDE
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 01:18 PM   #21
Ryousuke
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ryousuke Send a message via AIM to Ryousuke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin e36
The superbird is more than just "american muscle". It was created by Plymouth with one objective in mind... to win Nascar in 1970. The rules was stated that the car had to be street legal and available for sale publically. Only 1920 Supercars were ever built, and if this car is an original HEMI, then it's one of only 93 built. The supercar was ONLY built in 1970. Indeed, it did end up winning nascar in 1970. As the 426 Hemi V8 was rated at 425bhp (naturally aspirated, of course), which pulled 0-60 in 4.8 seconds. The rear end tended to break loose at high speeds, so the super tall spoiler was added. They found it was more functional when bolted to the body of the car (not the trunk), but the trunk still had to be able to open since this car had to be sold to the general public too... that's why the spoiler was so high. The vehicle has a drag coefficient (cd) of just 0.28... more aerodyamic than most cars produced today. (Even the Dodge Viper has a cd of over .5). In 1970 the supercar also set the speed record around Talladega @ 200mph. It would not be broken until 13 years later.

Even back then, the car was considered ugly by most... however, the car was not designed for appearance, it was designed to win Nascar. Which it did. However, in 1971 the supercar was banned from Nascar as auto manufacturers complained it was not a true street machine, and that the rules were bent. So it was never produced after 1970.

So, yes it may be ugly... but that's a hell of a lot more machine, character, and history, and accomplishment, than the commonplace 6er.

As you can see, a true 426 HEMI can sell for over $300,000 USD (http://www.barrett-jackson.com/aucti....asp?id=178718). Although they usually sell for $100,000 - $150,000 in original condition.

And this guy has a chance to snag one for $4000 and trade in his 6?.. even if it does need work, the turnaround is awesome.. though I don't think I'd want to sell it having such a rare vehicle to call my own.

Hope this helps you understand why I said to trade in the bimmer.

J

Believe it or not I know about that.. I saw enough shows about that car and history about it on Speed Chanell when I am bored >.<
Ryousuke is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: