Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-11-2007, 10:12 PM   #1
Redster
Stuck In The 6th Gear

High beams with fogs, plus alignment

Any "easy" or "fast" fix so fog lights stay on with high beams?

Another question, what would cause alignment to be near perfect at lower speeds (up to 80-90) but completely messed up at 130-140? It should be perfect considering I had it done a week ago but they said they have to change one tire (front pass) because it's pulling to the side (tire issue, replace it under warranty). At 130-140 if I keep wheel straight car will pull strongly to the left.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:49 PM   #2
98Dinan3
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to 98Dinan3
Clumpymold on Bimmerforums.com did a great right up. It's what I used for my car. Do a search under his screen name.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:05 AM   #3
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
Just as a note, it's illegal to have more the 4 lights on at any time on the front of a vehicle (not counting corner/parking lights).

Does the car pull to a side while braking? Does it do it on just one road, or all roads? How wide are you tires?
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. It’s habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, I’m Nelson, and I’m a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:26 AM   #4
98Dinan3
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to 98Dinan3
Illegal or not, the gov't isn't going to replace my burnt out HID bulbs/ballasts in my fogs... for that reason, I did the bypass. I don't want my fogs flashing on and off when I flash the high beams. I rarely run with all 6 burning at once anyway.

Nelson is right though...
Old 04-12-2007, 01:35 PM   #5
BMW03
2nd Gear Member

That is weird, before you got it fixed was it really bad even at slower speeds, I am not very good mechanic wise but I am really curious because I am kind of having the same problem. My car is fine up untill about 55-60 then it starts to shake more and more. I think my problem is the bearings, but I don't know how to go about that and I have no money.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:43 PM   #6
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
When's the last time you did balljoints?

my car did the exact same thing, some vibration in the wheel too.

turns out my balljoints were ****ed.

2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 220M 19's, Michelin Supersports
2006 YZF-R6, bunch of go-fast stuff
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:20 PM   #7
Redster
Stuck In The 6th Gear

Front end is perfect mechanically, I changed a few parts (including ball joints) two weeks ago. Car pulls to the left at highway speeds, there's no shaking when breaking, and brakes (rotors & pads) are almost new.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:35 PM   #8
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redster
Front end is perfect mechanically, I changed a few parts (including ball joints) two weeks ago. Car pulls to the left at highway speeds, there's no shaking when breaking, and brakes (rotors & pads) are almost new.
thats a weird one....
i could see a warped or broken steel belt in the tire causing vibration, but pulling?

did you do your tierods...?
Old 04-12-2007, 07:58 PM   #9
Redster
Stuck In The 6th Gear

Yeah, everything in the front end (well, the whole car) was checked two weeks ago and whatever needed to be changed was changed. Even the place that did the alignment said everything is fine. I'll see if replacing the tire will help..
Old 04-12-2007, 10:55 PM   #10
Nascar318is
6th Gear Member

Shot in the dark but how is your rim on that side? Is it well balanced and not too much weight, there's a few possibilities but I think the guys pretty much sumed to it up..Too tired to think right now.

How are your coils?

1994 318is-Sold July 13th 2010.. Sad Sad Day
Nascar318is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 03:32 PM   #11
bmdbley'sBro

Quote:
Yeah, everything in the front end (well, the whole car) was checked two weeks ago and whatever needed to be changed was changed. Even the place that did the alignment said everything is fine. I'll see if replacing the tire will help..
I can't recall how many times somebody told me something was ok, but then wasn't really shortly after..

'Diagnosis' it's a real old school skill
alot of guys will just plug in the scanner: oh it says you need a new motor
Old 04-13-2007, 03:47 PM   #12
Redster
Stuck In The 6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro
I can't recall how many times somebody told me something was ok, but then wasn't really shortly after..

'Diagnosis' it's a real old school skill
alot of guys will just plug in the scanner: oh it says you need a new motor
Car was at the dealership, they checked everything and changed a few parts that had to be changed. Nothing was done under warranty so everything that was broken was replaced.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:04 PM   #13
bmdbley'sBro

Quote:
Car was at the dealership, they checked everything and changed a few parts that had to be changed. Nothing was done under warranty so everything that was broken was replaced.
yes yes sorry obviously im mistaken...dealerships are the BEST and infalable.

well enjoy your 100% fixed car that violently pulls left at 130kph+
Old 04-13-2007, 05:10 PM   #14
Redster
Stuck In The 6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro
yes yes sorry obviously im mistaken...dealerships are the BEST and infalable.

well enjoy your 100% fixed car that violently pulls left at 130kph+
I said mechanically front end is fine, issue is either with the tire (defective for sure, just don't know how much) or with the alignment, that's what I asked - if those things can cause the pull.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: