Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > Non-BMW Related
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-29-2016, 07:57 PM   #1
TSI
Reverse Gear Member

FS: 1995 Ferrari 456GT

Always good to give maxbimmer a weird car to gnaw on...selling my Ferrari due to changing life situation. I'm looking for a e9x 328 (sedan or wagon, xdrive preferred) if anyone has a partial trade.

Pics are here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mg09bg0vh...GUrifLEea?dl=0

It's an original 1995 456GT manual Japan-delivered model, the VIN ZFFSD44JPN0101501, currently at 11800 kms (about 7250 miles). Argento Nurburgring on Grigio Scuro, the last year of Pininfarina-based production.

I am the second owner, having purchased it from the original Japanese owner through Balcom, a dealer in Hiroshima, Japan. I imported it to Vancouver, and had it trained to me near Toronto, Canada. It is registered under my name with a clean and clear Ontario title, and has been registered as an import under the Ontario Ministry of Transportation, so future ownership transfers and emissions tests are conducted as if the car were originally Canadian.

I will do my best to be fully transparent: it has a few of the issues endemic to the 456, most prevalently a poorly-fitting passenger window (the driver's fits impeccably) and slight discolouration in the corners of the rear windshield. There are a couple of very minor stone chips in the front end and some wear on the handbrake lever base due to the previous owner rubbing a shoe buckle against it. There is a very slight dent in the rear edge of the driver's door, almost imperceptible. Two of the small enamel pieces on the crossed flags emblem on the console are missing. The rear console shocks are dead.

That said, the car is a great example of a GT Ferrari. It shows and drives very nicely, all electrical elements function perfectly. For anyone who hasn't driven a 456, it is an excellent balance of comfort and effortless power. The adjustable dampening makes driving in town one minute and cruising on a highway the next a breeze. This is very much an appreciating classic, with market values having climbed 40% in the last 12 months.

It sits on a set of refinished 18” 575M wheels and near-new Continental Y-rated tires, in my opinion among the best upgrades to a 456. The original 17" wheels and original (from 1995!) tires are also included. Spacers are inbound this week. The headlights were expertly retrofitted to HID (and proper projectors).

The car has a full set of manuals in the appropriate pouch (I added an English version) and a complete tool kit with case, including spare belts, fuses and bulbs.

The car just underwent a comprehensive service earlier this month at the capable hands of Tom Bakowsky at Cross Avenue in Oakville; all belts, filters and fluids were changed. I had the alternator replaced as a preventive measure with an original Denso unit due to a squeaky bearing, and the typical bubbled HVAC panel overlay has been replaced as well.

Documentation includes every Shaken inspection report from Japan covering the car's entire life, and the just-completed major service as well.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things, but I'd be happy to chat about the car with anyone interested. Asking $125,000 CAD on the open market, but I'll be honest with max: any offer in the six figures will likely take it.

Thanks for reading!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0006.jpg (514.0 KB, 660 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0033.jpg (558.3 KB, 660 views)
TSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 04:03 PM   #2
shugalou
2nd Gear Member

a Ferrari with a zip tied liscence plate...I've seen it all now...I'm just jealous that I can't afford it - GLWS
shugalou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 08:59 PM   #3
TSI
Reverse Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shugalou View Post
a Ferrari with a zip tied liscence plate...I've seen it all now...I'm just jealous that I can't afford it - GLWS
Yeah, I didn't want to drill the beautiful plate brackets. I guess I'll have to make some little tabs or somesuch. Thanks!
Old 01-05-2017, 07:32 PM   #4
TSI
Reverse Gear Member

Still for sale!
Old 05-16-2017, 10:47 PM   #5
e30er
2nd Gear Member

Ferrari

40k??
e30er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:19 PM   #6
TSI
Reverse Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30er View Post
40k??
Sure, you want the front, middle, or rear third? If I had a dollar for every daft comment like that I'd have my asking price by now.

Speaking of which, I've found the 328. Can take an E90 M3 as partial trade (must be manual and not black).
Old 05-24-2017, 01:52 AM   #7
E36&8
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30er View Post
40k??
you sound like a cunt making that offer, have some ****ing respect for the seller

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: