Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-22-2017, 06:42 PM   #1
Big Bill
1st Gear Newbie

About to purchase please let me know your thoughts

I am new to BMW!! I am looking for a little help. I have just about purchased a 2011 328i. I thought I would keep it simple for my first. I drove a 2013 535i today. WOW!!! Okay, back to simple to start. What should I be aware of when looking for a 328i. It is an xdrive, auto. 120,000km's. Carfax is clean. It came from Ontario. Only a windshield recorded. It has some road chips on the front. It seems to be in great shape. What does the triangle in the cluster mean. It has an ! in it. It is located beside and above the gear indicator? The salesman tells me it has real leather seats and the nav. system was a $4000 option from new as well. What kind of research should I be doing? Are any of the 2011 328's better then others? Does the manufacturing plant make a difference? etc.. Any help will be muchly appreciated.

BB
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 07:07 PM   #2
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

The triangle with the ! in it is a warning, use the BC button on the signal lever and the to go into the check control menu, it'll tell you what the warning is for, could be for a number of different things.
Old 12-22-2017, 07:31 PM   #3
Big Bill
1st Gear Newbie

Thank you. I will check this out before I purchase. What would be an example? Will it be a code number or something straight forward. I plan to take it to the local dealer before purchase. $150.00 inspection. Not sure how in depth they will go. May be just looking at the brakes and suspension.
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 10:38 PM   #4
mclovin
3rd Gear Member

e90 328s are pretty solid in terms of reliability. Aside from obvious brakes/tires/suspension, I'd inspect it for oil leaks from valve cover, oil filter housing and oil pan as those are due by age and millage
Old 02-18-2018, 02:41 AM   #5
polar3
2nd Gear Member

I had a e92 328i that i just sold with 240,000km and not a single problem. Purchased it with 60,000km. Before that I had an e46 328i sedan that I put 260,000km. The 328i has been a very reliable car for me in the past.
polar3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: