Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-30-2005, 10:33 PM   #106
just325iS
3rd Gear Member

RMS has a fuel pump able to support up to 500hp. It is a direct replacement, that's what I got in my car.
just325iS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 02:45 PM   #107
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
OK it looks like I can get the pump only (without the assembly) for under $200 CDN, so I'm going to grab one this week cause the starting problem is annoying. My car wasn't able to be finished on the saturday so it had to sit all weekend, but will (hopefully) be done tonight. If anyone wants to meet up, lemme know. As for those who asked for more information about the vertical door kit I'm installing, here's a great video from Sema showcasing GtFactory's kit.

http://users.shore.net/~akalicak/GTFactory.wmv

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 04:18 PM   #108
Miguel
...Delt Smash

I saw your car on saturday... where did you get that rieger bumper? how much??
Old 01-31-2005, 04:30 PM   #109
RevShoT
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to RevShoT
bout 1 leg and 3 fingers ide say....
RevShoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 04:42 PM   #110
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel
I saw your car on saturday... where did you get that rieger bumper? how much??
Where did you see my car? I'm a very rare sighting so I'm just curious.
The rieger bumpers and skirts are original and ordered direct from rieger.
I want to get the spoiler on tomorrow or this coming sunday if I get the car back in tonight. I also have to pickup a roof spoiler from Eurostyle soon...been putting that one off for far too long now.
The kit cost about $2400 shipped to my door. Worth it? Well I haven't had to take it to a body shop yet! The install was pretty much bolt on, and fit like stock. It's also very strong, and has already had a few impacts with things like pot holes and speed bumps without cracking....(gotta get that suspension in soon too so I stop bottoming out)
Oh btw, if you happened to see my car at Midas where Dave is working on it, you gotta spill the beans man, how does she sound with the BOV and new pulley??

Mods
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-Remus full catback
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

Last edited by djcontra; 01-31-2005 at 04:45 PM.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:00 AM   #111
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Well I went to the shop last night, but the car wasn't ready yet, so I'm hoping tonight I'll get to take her home (as it's my last free day off to do so this week. I got to see Miguel's ride as well which was parked beside my car in the bay. What happened to it dude? Either way, looks like dave or midas is doing the repairs on it quite quickly. Thinking of a body kit now instead of an oem bumper tho?

Mods
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-Remus full catback
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

Old 02-01-2005, 07:11 PM   #112
Miguel
...Delt Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcontra
Oh btw, if you happened to see my car at Midas where Dave is working on it, you gotta spill the beans man, how does she sound with the BOV and new pulley??
Yup, saw it at Midas.

I never heard it running but I saw it and all I gotta say is
Old 02-01-2005, 07:14 PM   #113
Miguel
...Delt Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcontra
I got to see Miguel's ride as well which was parked beside my car in the bay. What happened to it dude? Either way, looks like dave or midas is doing the repairs on it quite quickly. Thinking of a body kit now instead of an oem bumper tho?
well, since my car is deceptively low, it slid under the rear of a honda and took the impact on the front grill/front of the hood. So I got a new hood, grill, and rad support to be safe.

So I figured I'd upgrade to projectors, 97+ grill, and who knows what else when its in the shop getting painted

I also like the look of 97+ front sport bumper's with rieger lips so I may be in the market for one. I dont need a front bumper but I figure hell... why not.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:09 PM   #114
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Well I got my car back today. Can't really comment too much because the roads are too dangerous tonight to really push the car to it's limits (not to mention my shot suspension adding to the danger ).
Dave from motronix did an amazing job with the install of the new pulley, fixing my shifter, and installing a better belt tensioner on my car, so I'm quite pleased with that. Unfortunately the rattle I've been hearing is still present, and I'm starting to believe it's not related to the tensioner (although, that was probably adding to the noise). I'm going to go on a hunch again that I had a long time ago and blame the alternator, so I'm probably just going to check that all of the mounting bolts are tight, because I suspect it's shaking causing the noise I hear.
For any of you who are planning to attend the meet tomorrow at 9pm, you'll get to see my car first hand. I can't even begin to explain how awsome the car sounds now let alone performs. (5th gear on the highway feels a bit more like 4th now).

p.s. I have to connect all my gauges still since I just got my a-pillar pods the other day, so I can't say for certain what kind of boost figures I'm pushing now. I also can't wait to hook up the a/f ratio gauge as I suspect the car is running very rich (although probably a good idea to be on the safe side for now). Hopefully I can correct all of that this weekend when I get a chance to plug my laptop into the ecu and begin tuning it.

Mods
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-Remus full catback
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

Old 02-05-2005, 12:47 PM   #115
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Ok, so last night i got to take the car out for a bit of an extended drive with some other max members, and i'm VERY pleased with how she's running now. First thing I did was redline the b*tch in an industrial area (before the meet), and was pleased to hear PSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH after every shift nearing the redline. I think I'll tweak the BOV to let off steam at lower rpm shifts tho since it sounds soo cool . I cracked up so hard when a couple people walking on the sidewalk got startled when they heard the sound lol!
Aside from that, the boost kicks in on my car more around the 2000rpm range now instead of 3500 like before, but it still only gets really noticable around then. I should have some better numbers to display when I get my a-pillar pods installed tomorrow, 'cause right now i have NO CLUE how much boost the engine is taking in, but judging by there being no knock or ping yet, she obviously can take even more >
I did some extensive reading on engine tuning as well in the meantime while waiting for my car to get out of the shop, so I'm quite prepared to start reprogramming the ecu signals come tomorrow which should squeeze out quite a bit more horsepower since the car is running VERY rich right now as a safety measure (ryan can confirm that ). Next on the list is to start welding together the exhaust which I have all the pieces for in my basement right now. I need to get it on ASAP because i can just 'feel' the car struggling at highway speeds because the exhaust isn't escaping quickly enough and creating too much backpressure. I think I'll actually gain quite a bit more hp just from opening up that huge restriction back there, but we'll see! Pending if there is any ice on the roads tonight, i'm going to G-Tech my car before and after the exhaust install to give me a rough idea as to what was gained or lost. The G-Tech is a great little tool for getting rough numbers about your car's performance, and I use it before and after EVERY modification I do to my car so that I know what i did was actually beneficial, because if it wasn't, then I revert back right away. Another thing I need to get installed is a larger air filter. The one I have on there right now is slightly caving in from the force of the blower. It's not by much, but it's definately telling me that there is a restriction there, and that's unacceptable. I've got a few other cone and foam (hks style) filters at home which I will experiment with tonight. I'm hoping I can use the foam ones because I've always been a fan of foam filters and find that they run a little better than K&N style weave filters, and are easier to clean.
Next week, I should hopefully be getting either coilovers or my lambo door hinges installed. As some of you witnessed yesterday, my suspension is SHOT (remember me pushing my car almost right to the ground with my one hand?? yeah it's THAT bad) But I expected that since I basically just trashed every component on my car which I planned to replace with aftermarket stuff, and got some fun out of doing it too. The shocks on there now were fine when I got the car 2 years ago but were probably still the originals from the factory so it's about time anyway. Until they're replaced tho, I can't really pull any stunts in my car because it's just UN SAFE.
Well I guess that's all for now, so as it stands, the list of things left over to do are:

-Install Rieger Spoiler
-Install Eurostyle Roof Spoiler
-Install ellipsoids and HIDs (finally! only been sitting in my room for the last 3 years )
-Buy 3.43 LSD differential
-Install lambo vertical door kit
-Tune ECU
-Grind the welds on the S/C piping down, polish, and get powdercoated
-Get S/C powdercoated or painted as well as the bracket (i want it all black)
-Find a place to stretch tires on my wheels (17x10" R, 17x9.0" F)
-Buy coilovers (FK konigsport silverlines)
-Upgrade rotors to E46 ones
-Buy and install M3 replica mirrors
-Figure out WTF is rattling under my hood still (grr!!)
-Clean the car (it's f*ckin' dirty eh? [some of you can comment on that hehehe])
-Weld together and install exhaust + wideband O2 and EGT sensors
-Change out clutch (and maybe the flywheel....undecided)
-Prep for paint and primer
-Get my vinyl decal kit printed from the local print shop (if you dont like the idea of vinyl decals on a bmw, TOO F*CKIN' BAD! It aint your car! )
-Install new fuel pump

wow, quite a bit left to do
but at least most of the larger expenses are out of the way, so all of this leftover stuff is just peanuts compared to the things I went through already.
I figure it'll be done in time for spring.

Will update with pics, video, or sound soon!

Mods
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-Remus full catback
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

Old 02-05-2005, 02:55 PM   #116
app
5th Gear Member

Any ideas how much hp you're laying down?
Old 02-05-2005, 03:24 PM   #117
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Nope, not yet. The G-Tech will give me some rough figures once I get my suspension installed (because right now the car bounces around too much which I'm certain throws off the readings). If anyone with an E36 M3, and E46 M3 wants to race me though, I'm up for it....mind you my car isn't finished yet tho

Mods
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-Remus full catback
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

Old 03-01-2005, 04:54 PM   #118
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Another quick update. Car is sitting in a shop right now while it's supercharger bearings are replaced. Nothing serious, just wanted to get rid of this chatter sound coming from the blower. While I have the luxury of a shop to work in while I wait, I'm testing out my new headlamps. Brand new ellipsoids with 6000k h1 bulbs, and a pair of 6000k h3 bulbs to go into my new fogs...check em out...

These fogs are really something. The grill they sit in is made of abs plastic, and seems fairly durable. The foglights themselves are solid metal with a thick glass projector lense in the middle. They have proper ventilation, come with brackets (which i needed), and have a very clean and sharp cutoff (perfect for hids!). My only challenge is to make hid bulbs fit in them...i have the right base, but I'll need to do some dremelling to make the wires exit the housing.

Mods
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-Remus full catback
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

Old 03-01-2005, 05:52 PM   #119
phaust

wow, wow , and wow. dude, you've got a NICE project, keep us informed! hehe

btw, where did you found those fog light. pretty cool !
phaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 07:40 PM   #120
app
5th Gear Member

are you doing a lot of the body prep yourself? If so, I have some questions.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: