Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-02-2006, 10:59 PM   #181
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamite
lol it looks really funny with the giant wing and the small wheels.
LOL I know!! I'll take some updated pics with everything in primer and the rims on maybe this weekend cause trust me she looks great with em on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamite
Finish this thing already!!!

OK OK!!
I promise to have it done for this summer, but hopefully sooner. The delays in the project were the result of saving up to buy a house....i just couldn't bare to give up the car to buy a house, I want both so I patiently waited it out

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 11:17 PM   #182
Miguel
...Delt Smash

when it's done, can you sell me the hummer?

... i need to compensate for my lil'man
Old 05-11-2006, 04:07 AM   #183
jotti
2nd Gear Member

Those fogs have got to go. I can get you projector fogs if you are interested. Black housings.

FS (all for e36 coupe):
  • 17" ACS Type I race, lips need polishing
  • Reiger DTM lip spoiler for m3 bumper (new in box)
  • Dinan strut bar with cf inserts

www.vancouvereuros.com
jotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 10:05 AM   #184
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotti
Those fogs have got to go. I can get you projector fogs if you are interested. Black housings.
I'm not crazy about the fogs either but at the time they were the only viable option and I planned to swap them out once something better came along. I'd love to see what you have for sale, please pm me a pic or two so I can see what they're like.

Mods
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-Remus full catback
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

Old 05-11-2006, 10:01 PM   #185
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Just wanted to let everyone know that there is a very good chance my charger kit will be for sale minus the BOV and FPR. I can ''delete'' these in the kit so it's a direct bolt on to your car without any modification. Charger is next to brand new, it only has 1000km's or less on it since i bought it from Vortech recently.

Check the for-sale section after monday....

Mods
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-Remus full catback
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

Old 05-15-2006, 10:27 AM   #186
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Posted some vids of the car while it still had the s/c here:

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71455

Mods
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-Remus full catback
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

Old 05-16-2006, 03:19 PM   #187
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Latest update...

Decided to visit RMP for the first time to talk to them about possibly switching over to turbo (after painting the car mind you). I took a look at the kit they have for sale, (it's awesome btw), but decided to go custom with brand new parts instead. In the meantime I left my car there to have the suspension installed, which when I spoke with rocco today, seemed to go on without any major problems; I'm very pleased to hear that. Not to mention, rocco's price for labour to install the suspension beats ANY shop i've been to in the past for a job like this, so kudos to RMP for that!
I should be able to pickup the car tomorrow to see how it rides, and I'll give a full review. For now I'm just going to continue resting while nursing a throat infection I've got (totally sux!!)

So far here's what I've got on order for the turbo kit as of today:

-Cast iron E36 turbo manifold
-T3/T4 Turbo
-Turbo wastegate
-2x 2.5" mandrel U-bends
-2x 2.5" mandrel 90' elbows
-1x 2" -> 2.5" metal reducer
-Silicone couplers (already own them)
-BOV (already own it)
-Rising Rate FPR (already own it and installed)
-V-Clamp kit (for exhaust side of turbo)
-Pyrometer + Gauge
-Boost gauge
-A-Pillar gauge pods (already own it)

Things still left to buy:

-Intercooler (Have to wait until I get my car back to measure up what size of Intercooler core I need)
-Boost controller
-T-bolt clamps
-Misc fittings and lines (oil, coolant, vaccum etc)
-Software (optional...i have a piggyback EMS installed so i may be able to do it myself)

I will most likely be approaching RMP to see if they'd be interested in installing these parts on my car probably late summer early fall. I would need help from someone like them anyway for the downpipe fabbing etc...

Let me know right away if i'm missing anything too...

Mods
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-Remus full catback
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

Last edited by djcontra; 05-16-2006 at 03:22 PM.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:04 PM   #188
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Small update...

Everything required now for the turbo kit has been ordered or picked up here locally so far. I just got back now from grabbing an intercooler for the car as well as some backet material I will use to affix it to the chassis. I will leave picking up the t-bolt clamps and any special silicone couplers I might need until the end cause I can't determine how many or what kind I will need until I start cutting pipes. I opted to pick up some 3" mandrel piping as well today which I plan to use to pipe from the FMIC to the throttle body. Everything before the FMIC will be 2.5". Additionally I picked up an oil catch kit, as well I plan to go out now and grab all of the oil fittings for the turbo from a shop here in scarborough. Now I just sit and wait for things like the manifold to come in!

Mods
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-Remus full catback
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

Old 05-18-2006, 06:16 PM   #189
spooner_dee
Has no idea whats goin on

Send a message via AIM to spooner_dee
hey dj, question about your fogs, i see you have the projectors, as do i, are your's aimed right or does the light just go right down. I ask cuz mine the light just goes right down. Not sure how to aim them up other then jaming somtin under em to face them upwards lol

As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish I wish he'd go away.
spooner_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 08:02 PM   #190
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooner_dee
hey dj, question about your fogs, i see you have the projectors, as do i, are your's aimed right or does the light just go right down. I ask cuz mine the light just goes right down. Not sure how to aim them up other then jaming somtin under em to face them upwards lol
They're very limited in movement, but basically you can loosen the screws on either side of the projector housing and aim the lights up and down only 1 or 2 mm either way. Mine both seem to be aimed fine, yet we'll have to see how they really are when the HIDs go in as it'll be really noticable then.

Mods
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-Remus full catback
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

Old 05-25-2006, 12:54 AM   #191
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

The fedex guy came by today....

This is just one of two charger I have coming, this being the smaller of the two. Since I'm new to turbocharging I'm not entirely sure what A/R and trim will work best on my car or for my horsepower needs. Thankfully this blower only cost me $175 shipped believe it or not so if it doesnt work out then no big loss
Now i'm just waiting on the manifold and wastegate pipe before i can begin!!! I just have to figure out now how you rotate the volutes of the turbocharger....kinda worried to take it apart but i know i have to! =/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mmmturbo.jpg (141.3 KB, 222 views)
File Type: jpg mmmturbo2.jpg (140.5 KB, 224 views)

Mods
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-Remus full catback
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

Last edited by djcontra; 05-25-2006 at 01:05 AM.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:50 AM   #192
Furious
BMW again.

damn nice. i be jeleous time to update the boosted check in thread soon
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 01:19 PM   #193
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

While I continue to wait for the manifold to arrive (I cant believe it's the last part to come in and then i begin!! OMFG lol) I had some guys from bimmerforums and dtmpower teach me the basics of tuning my car with my SMT6 piggyback EMS. Now that I finally understand how to use it to an extent, I'm absolutely LOVING this thing! Problem #1 which I solved within the first 10 seconds was my chronic problem of stalling at highspeed. My MAF sensor would flip out and throw a code at anything over 4000rpm, and what I learned was happening was that when the MAF reaches 5volts it tops out and retards my timing putting the car in a limp mode...or cuts my fuel off alltogether it feels like sometimes. So I said F*** that, and I used my SMT6 to intercept the MAF signal and only allow it to reach a maximum of 4.97volts TAKE THAT EViL MAF!!! I plan to install a MAP sensor on the car as well to suppliment my MAF sensor. The SMT6 can be wired up to read boost pressure from a MAP sensor and retard my timing automatically....I so want this!! The only other thing I need to do is modify the fuel curve for larger injectors. I plan to buy some 30# or 42# injectors and use the SMT6 to calibrate the engine to idle properly with them. Additionally to that however I will need to upgrade to a larger MAF from either a bmw or another car (doesn't matter actually since I'll be using the SMT). I need one which tops out at a higher voltage than the 5v stock maf which seems to suck ass for FI above 5 or 6psi.
Will take mad pics during the turbo installation! I figure 1 week at most for the complete install to finish....in theory it can all go on in about 2 days but I'm stretching that cause I know i'll be running to the hardware store 10x a day for misc parts when I find out I need them lol

Mods
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-Remus full catback
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

Old 05-30-2006, 05:04 AM   #194
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Well it seems the cap on the voltage for my MAF did the trick, no more stalling at highway speeds. I set it at a comfortable 4.90 instead of 4.98 as with 4.98 I still felt a bit of hesitation up top..now she feels alive with power almost all throughout. Still waiting for my manifold to arrive...was hoping for today

Mods
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-Remus full catback
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

Old 05-30-2006, 08:52 PM   #195
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

from supercharger to turbo this things gonna be even scarier than before, cant wait to see pics when this beast is finally done...took a long time but its coming along way
Jim .E. is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: