Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-10-2007, 01:01 AM   #16
woofster
3rd Gear Member

What's most epic is how the police officer immediately reduced the charges so nonchalantly.
woofster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 01:41 AM   #17
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

Reducing the limit on the ticket is arbutrary. If you give them attitude, be sure that you'll get the full hit. I think by lowering the fine, they hope you won't challenge it in court and just pay it off. One less charge to testify from their book.
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 03:46 PM   #18
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFAMOU$ View Post
Nice vid.. how much did the in car camera run you? and where is your passenger side wiper?
thanks..its just a kodack wedged under the headreast.

the pass wiper is in its normal position the drivers side is not (messed) but it works

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirek View Post
What's your complaint? She was pretty far away from you, gave you plenty of time to slow down and stop.
my complaint look at that road & tell me i should lose points for that?
it wasn't unsafe.. most unsafe part is her running in front of cars all day.
sad a person could get injured, career ended over something so trivial.
-limit is too low there.

but i'm glad i didn't get the full ticket- obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meegis View Post
How is this epic? Whats the point of this post? It seems pretty standard?

Anyone else confused?

Epic is like a pun or sarcastic opposite of what this is: pretty bland & normal.
imagine if i had been doing 9kph more... could u watch that vid & Honestly call it 'racing'

and yeah i guess it is standard for them to rake it in like that. limit is to low.
less confused?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arash View Post
is that in Toronto? what road?
no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim .E. View Post
stupid ticket that couldve been avoided. im not gonna lie i was actually hoping you were 50 over so i could see what happens
yeah ok i was speeding -but agian how can u call it an 'unsafe' speed for 'that' road?
see what happens how? to see if i'd get 'let off' or more a 'screw me I deserve to get my shit impounded & lose my licence for driving like that ("unsafely")'

which one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer318ti View Post
^
x2. agree.

It’s exactly what I predicted. Standard police procedure.

IMHO, I don’t know if that tape will do any good in court.
I wonder what the police unions stance on running into traffic with no reflective vest are in regards to minimization of work related injuries??
they also set up shop in front a bus stop

yeah i doubt it would help in court either?-
but i think amongst us bmw drivers it shows & we can hopefully all appreciate that this was not an 'unsafe' speed for that road

---
--
-

OK..Which is more dangerous: my posted vid or running a red light at 60kph??
because if a redlight camera catches you its a 'money only' fine no points
Old 11-10-2007, 03:58 PM   #19
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post
yeah ok i was speeding -but agian how can u call it an 'unsafe' speed for 'that' road?
see what happens how? to see if i'd get 'let off' or more a 'screw me I deserve to get my shit impounded & lose my licence for driving like that ("unsafely")'

which one?
well your title was misleading, said epic speeding ticket so I assumed that you were doing 50 over and she let you off. never said it was unsafe on that road as I dont even know where that was, just said it couldve been avoided
Jim .E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 04:01 PM   #20
ringle
2nd Gear Member

Next time you get stopped like that ask her for a date and compliment her on her hairdo, etc. and see what happens!
ringle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 04:19 PM   #21
Meegis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro View Post

Epic is like a pun or sarcastic opposite of what this is: pretty bland & normal.
imagine if i had been doing 9kph more... could u watch that vid & Honestly call it 'racing'

and yeah i guess it is standard for them to rake it in like that. limit is to low.
less confused?
Actually no, Im not less confused, but in fact, more confused by your convoluted way of describing a simple and daily occurence. I mean, you were speeding, you got pulled over.

You were not doing 50 over, no need to assimilate it. If you had been doing 49 over and nothing was said, than maybe you could be curious, but all in all, I think this whole thread was made for you to get attention.

We have all been in the same position you have. Some were better off and some were worse. I personally think you got treated like any other person who kept their mouth shut would have.

As for the immediate deduction on the ticket, she may realize that you weren't being 'unsafe' in any way, and thus, it wasnt a question of merit, but rather, you broke the law, she gave you a break, and now your going to pay the consequences that she felt necessary.

Can you please explain to me now, what I am still not getting?
Meegis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 11:42 PM   #22
denisemichel
AMG LOL

lol thats wacked, and its a women too.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:46 AM   #23
Chris de la Cruz
sex, drifting & punk rock

Send a message via MSN to Chris de la Cruz
wtf you deserve that ticket. Obviously in the video you were going way faster than the "flow of traffic". The officer gave you plenty of warning to stop so i don't see how unsafe she was? unsafe is jumping out on the fast lane of the 401 to stop a speeder. trust me i've seen it done.

IMO this is a ticket that could've been avoided or a desprate plea for attention from the internet world.

edit: i think the limit is 60 there b/c it looks like a busy business sector or something. Is that an apartment building down the road there as well?

Last edited by Chris de la Cruz; 11-11-2007 at 11:49 AM.
Chris de la Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 05:01 PM   #24
bmdbley'sBro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim .E. View Post
well your title was misleading, said epic speeding ticket so I assumed that you were doing 50 over and she let you off. never said it was unsafe on that road as I dont even know where that was, just said it couldve been avoided
'My Epic speeding ticket Video -9kph from 'racing' lol '

ooooh oook.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:27 PM   #25
bmdbley'sBro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meegis View Post
Actually no, Im not less confused, but in fact, more confused by your convoluted way of describing a simple and daily occurence. I mean, you were speeding, you got pulled over.

You were not doing 50 over, no need to assimilate it. If you had been doing 49 over and nothing was said, than maybe you could be curious, but all in all, I think this whole thread was made for you to get attention.

We have all been in the same position you have. Some were better off and some were worse. I personally think you got treated like any other person who kept their mouth shut would have.

As for the immediate deduction on the ticket, she may realize that you weren't being 'unsafe' in any way, and thus, it wasnt a question of merit, but rather, you broke the law, she gave you a break, and now your going to pay the consequences that she felt necessary.

Can you please explain to me now, what I am still not getting?
lol the only thing 'conveluted' is your lengthly reply supposedly avec plus 'confusion'

'simple daily occurence' i remeber when there weren't 30+ speed enfrocement traps in this city of less then 1million people
and it was not a simple daily occurence....These simple and daily occurence equate to millions in revene..
at the cost of a percentage of the motorists privileges..all from something as mundane as commuting with the flow of traffic.

now i know i was speeding - i never said i wasn't - but had that 3 lane road had a realistic limit on it 70-or 80kph.
i would've only been 20-30 over & would have probably gotten a 10-15kph over ticket.
10kph over having no points loss & the city still gets its $50 bux

the limit is artificially low there..there are other roads that only have 2lanes,
sidwalks, near schools & a hospital that have a 70kph limit!?
so why not the 3lane 'artery' road with no sidewalks & only gov building around??
maybe cause keeping it at 60 (a ridiculously low speed for that road) is worth millions a year in revenue!

now as for what im 'Entitled' to be curious about- who made you g0d?
I'm entitled to be curious about whatever I want to be.

And i think its a wee bit shady on the officers part that there was no mention of how close i was to being impounded!
I mean I could've coughed and been over 110. my (assumed) ignorance is her ticket writing car impounding Bliss i guess.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:35 PM   #26
Arash
6th Gear Member

she gave you a break and reduced the fine so stop bitching. next time you decide to speed keep your eyes open for speed traps.
Arash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 05:45 PM   #27
98Dinan3
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to 98Dinan3
Why were you cruising around with a camera rolling? I also believe you were supposed to inform the officer that the conversation/traffic stop was being recorded.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:00 PM   #28
Nascar318is
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris de la Cruz View Post
edit: i think the limit is 60 there b/c it looks like a busy business sector or something. Is that an apartment building down the road there as well?
Yup business sector that's the Canada post building, and there's a few more Government buildings out there..

That's a bad road for speeders, when he stops you can see the red light camera sign(bad road in general).. Friday nights tons of cars on there racing F & F Style.

25km/h over? I'm surprised she didn't give you a ticket for the 3 point range.. If it was the other side of the river it would have been one point lol I'm surprised she didn't say boo for your exhaust, maybe cause you have Quebec plates. Here's my "lucky" pulled over story, doing 121km/h in a 70km(5 points $5xx fine).. he knocked it down to 101km/h 2 points 105$ fine.

I think what the OP is saying, is the safety of her like he mentioned. Imagine coming down the road and the sun is right in your eyes (and you can't see down the road)and you have a police officer standing in the road trying to tell someone doing 100 to slow down. Can you say new windshield, and coffin? Usually they do have orange vests, or some stay on the grass and point to tell you to pull over.

1994 318is-Sold July 13th 2010.. Sad Sad Day

Last edited by Nascar318is; 11-11-2007 at 11:04 PM.
Nascar318is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:08 AM   #29
Robb
EX E30 M3 Owner

did you ask to see the radar gun ? was it a lisenced radar gun ? sometimes the lisence on the gun expires and the cop is crewed then.. haha
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 02:55 AM   #30
d12
3rd Gear Member

should of kept going.... if something would happen after you could always say "I didn't see you"
d12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: