Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 05:33 PM   #1
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Thumbs up Bodybuilding

Okay, well I've suddenly received a flood of PM's regarding bodybuilding... sorry to those who I haven't replied to as of yet.

It looks like everyone wants to start bulking up starting October 1st... so I figured I'll start a thread about this.

Myself, I've lost an insane amount of weight these past months... primarilly due to surgery and attempting to recover. Ask anyone who has seen me this year and they'll tell you just how scrawny I got. Only 210LB @ 6'1".

Well, that changes this winter... I'm bulking back up to 240LB again. It was a very good weight for me. (in my avatar I'm around 230LB). When I begin my bulking phase I will post progress updates on here... I hope everyone else does the same. I'm still working on my meal plan and my weightlifting regimen... when it's done, I'll post it all up.

Bodybuilding is a mindset you get into, having others around you encouraging you and seeing progress around you is highly motivational. That's what this thread is for.

Anyone else looking to get big this winter? ... Post your stats, what your goals are, and your questions. We can all help one another out. I don't care whether you plan on bodybuilding naturally or with supplements or with drugs... it's all love, I don't want anyone knocking others down for the path they choose to take. Feel free to ask real questions, and expect real answers. I don't want this thread turning into a flame war.

Justin

p.s. i sell supplements and things of that nature at discounted prices for anyone who cares to save a couple bucks.

Last edited by Justin e36; 09-01-2004 at 07:07 PM.
Old 09-01-2004, 05:46 PM   #2
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

I would like to loose about 40lbs of fat this winter (forever). Plan on doing lots of cardio and weight lifting to not loose muscle mass. Any pointers would help... i hate boring cardio programs.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
Old 09-01-2004, 05:46 PM   #3
UncleJ
Average Homeboy

Well like you recommended, I've been taking in 5000 calories daily. I eat alot of pasta and the protein shakes with 3.8% milk.

I eat pasta for breakfast. I found these little chocolate covered vanilla things at a store. Each one is 60 calories. I finish off the box during the day. I think there is about 20 of them in it. Then I'll come home from work, eat some more pasta. Wait an hour and work out. After the work out, I drink a shake and take a shower. Go out and eat something while I'm out. Come home, another shake and off to bed.

My question is, can I work out everyday or should I work out every second day?

I heard your muscles need 24 hours to heal or something?

My goal is to gain about 50lbs.

Maxbimmer gangbang.. cmon peoples!!! throw some high fives, slap dinks together and take turns!!
Old 09-01-2004, 05:51 PM   #4
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
EMPOWERD - easy to do. losing weight is much less difficult than bodybuilding. it's more what you eat, and how you eat it that matters. a good thermogenic such as Ephedrine stacked with Aspirin and Caffeine will bring you down around 20LB. Some Clenbuterol will help too. Basic rules:

1) light/medium (not hard) Cardio in the morning on an empty stomach.
2) no meals 3 hours prior to bed
3) coffee before every meal. grapefruit or grapefruit juice (1 serving) during / after every meal.
4) your workouts should be primarilly cardio... don't waste time doing crazy ab-workouts because you want to trim your waist... do overall cardio and your waist will thin too.
5) small meals.. approx 6-8 meals/snacks. never eat until you're stuffed. it will be hard the first week, you'll feel hungry but your body will soon adjust.

Before going any more in depth.. what's your height / weight / body fat % / age / current diet like? How do you feel about using supplements or drugs?

J

Last edited by Justin e36; 09-01-2004 at 06:17 PM.
Old 09-01-2004, 05:51 PM   #5
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

awesome idea with creating this thread justin!
I assumed you were flooded with pm's from other ppl thats why i didn't bother hunting you down for answers

but yeah, i plan on gaining approx 20-25lbs give and take over the winter months. I plan on starting my bulk mid october(when i can start working out again) And similar to you, i've lost some weight due to recovery from surgery and not eating properly and whatnot.

and i look forward to gaining weight finally as i think i've worked out all the bugs from my plans. Problems i had last season was DEFINATELY summed up by "DIET!"..lol..i was getting my protein and fats...but not enough calories...this winter i plan on counting calories and i encourage all to do the same

My bulking cycle will consist of a 3 day split workout which i will complete at home since i am saving up for a car and gym membership just isn't in my finances at the moment :d...we'll see tho.

My Current Stats:

Height-->approx. 5'10
Weight--> Pre-surgery 140lbs...i'm guessing i'm about 130 or therearound right now

Goal stats for February:

Weight--> 160lbs of mass
...i hope to do a clean bulk as possible, but if i end up losing my 6pack then so be it, i don't mind completing a longer cutting cycle afterwards to get ready for summer and more importantly GRADUATION!

g'luck guys, i'll be posting my workout split in a few, i gotta find that text file.

Bobby
Old 09-01-2004, 05:53 PM   #6
Understated

Quote:
Originally posted by UncleJ
. I found these little chocolate covered vanilla things at a store. Each one is 60 calories. I finish off the box during the day. I think there is about 20 of them in it. .
are u kidding me?
Old 09-01-2004, 05:56 PM   #7
Justin e36
---

Quote:
Originally posted by UncleJ
Well like you recommended, I've been taking in 5000 calories daily. I eat alot of pasta and the protein shakes with 3.8% milk.

I eat pasta for breakfast. I found these little chocolate covered vanilla things at a store. Each one is 60 calories. I finish off the box during the day. I think there is about 20 of them in it. Then I'll come home from work, eat some more pasta. Wait an hour and work out. After the work out, I drink a shake and take a shower. Go out and eat something while I'm out. Come home, another shake and off to bed.

My question is, can I work out everyday or should I work out every second day?

I heard your muscles need 24 hours to heal or something?

My goal is to gain about 50lbs.
How is your stomach handling all the calories? It's a good idea to have some oatmeal in the morning to help keep your digestive system moving smoothly. Also oatmeal slows down your digestive process and allows more nutrients to be absorbed by the body. Translation... oatmeal and protein before bed will keep the protein in your body longer and allow it to be utilized throughout the night.

Working out ED or EOD is purely your own choice. Everyone will give you a different answer. Personally I prefer working out everyday... it keeps my life consistent and routine. Having a day off or two days off makes it more difficult to kick my ass back into the gym again. Your muscles need longer than 24 hours for recovery, more like 72 hours for proper healing. This is why you do a split.. only work out 1 or 2 body parts per day.

for example:

SUN - Cardio + Abs + Lower Back
MON - Shoulders + Traps
TUES - Biceps + Forearms
WED - Legs
THURS - Triceps
FRI - Back + Abs
Sat - Chest

It allows a full week for muscle recovery. That's just an example above... if you want a real split designed for you, just let me know which days you plan on working out, at what time, and for how long per workout. (never work out for longer than 1 hour a day when bodybuilding by the way...... losing weight goes by different rules.)
Old 09-01-2004, 06:01 PM   #8
app
5th Gear Member

Currently 5'11", weight 205. Just hope to maintain this weight for my last year of university. I know it's all diet because I always go down to 192 at university. This will be the first year that I try a supplement to maintain some bulk. Just trying out the Whey Protein shake drinks to see if that helps me maintain, or even grow.

My goal is to bench 300lbs, and I'm currently at 265lbs.
Old 09-01-2004, 06:06 PM   #9
Justin e36
---

^^ when it comes to maintaining weight, look for a good weight gainer instead. typically includes the same amount of protein as a protein scoop, tastes better, just more calories packed in there.
Old 09-01-2004, 06:11 PM   #10
app
5th Gear Member

What's classified as a good weight gainer? Plus, I'd like to keep my definition rather than pack it on and look huge, but no definition.
Old 09-01-2004, 06:16 PM   #11
Understated

Heres my body split:

MONDAY
-shoulders
-rotor cuff
-back
-bicep
Wednesday
-Legs
-Abs
Friday
-Chest
-Triceps

NOTE: Friday:[every 2nd week]
add in -forearms workout

Exercise split:
===================
)))))))))MONDAY:

back
Deadlifts- 3 sets
BB Row- 3 sets
Pull ups- 3 sets

bicep
1)barbell curls---------3 sets [low rep]
2)Hammer Curls-------3 sets [low rep]

Shoulders
1) Barbell Shoulder Press 3 sets
2) Barbell Shrugs (traps) 3 sets
3) Rear Lateral raises for posterior delts 5 sets of 5
4) Lateral Raises 5 sets of 5

==========================
))))))))Wednesday:

Legs
1)Squats 5 sets of 10 unfortunately can't do lower reps because i don't have the weights or a decent bar
2)Calf Raises 3 sets

Abs
1)Weighted Situps 3 sets of 8
2)Leg Raises 3 sets of 5

=========================================
)))))))))Friday:

forearms
1)farmer walks: 2 sets of walks
2)Reverse barbell curls
-Chest

Chest:
1)Bench Press 3 sets of 8
2)Dumbell Flys 3 sets of 8

Triceps
2)skullcrushers 3 sets of 10
Old 09-01-2004, 06:16 PM   #12
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Thanks Justin. I'm 30yrs old, 5'7" currently 230lbs... non-smoker. I don't mind taking suppliments. PM me the rest of the details please.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
Old 09-01-2004, 06:17 PM   #13
Justin e36
---

you can keep your definition with a weight gainer. a lot of people assume that "weight gainer" means 'fat gainer".. not true. If you're working out you'll keep what you have.

Personally I prefer Interactive Nutrition Mammoth 2500 as a weight gainer.. it's not properly balanced, but it works. I'm proof. Most would recommend Prolab nLarge2. PVL is also good... though not as tasty. For your goals to maintain your weight nLarge2 is your best bet... it's basically a balanced meal.

Here's a comparison for you:

Interactive - Mammoth 2500
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 4 rounded scoops (235g)

Calories 970
Fat 18g
Carbohydrate 152g
Protein 50g

Prolab - nLarge 2
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 4 rounded scoops (152g)

Calories 600
Fat 10g
Carbohydrates 86g
Protein 52g
Old 09-01-2004, 06:20 PM   #14
UncleJ
Average Homeboy

Quote:
Originally posted by Superman87
are u kidding me?
Nah, it's an easy 1500 calories.

Justin: Ok, I'll eat oatmeal. My stomach isn't happy with me. At the end of the night, it feels like it's going to explode.

I'd rather work out daily too, cause a routine is just so much better.

Maxbimmer gangbang.. cmon peoples!!! throw some high fives, slap dinks together and take turns!!
Old 09-01-2004, 06:21 PM   #15
Understated

Quote:
Originally posted by app
What's classified as a good weight gainer? Plus, I'd like to keep my definition rather than pack it on and look huge, but no definition.
if you really wanna buy one, i really looked into weight gainers and the best i found was 'Nlarge2' by a company named prolab. Jsut about every nutrition store has it and i'm sure justin could get it for you at a great price

However, if you'd like to make your own at home this is my recipe:

-1/2 cup of raw oats
-1 banana
-1 teaspoon of flax seed oil(or any other good oils...i use olive oil when i'm stuck with an empty flax oil container )
-2 teaspoons of natural peanut butter
-1 serving of whey protein powder
-1 cup of milk(i use 2%, because anything lower just doesn't mix as well)

So mix this with your hand blender and if it turns out that it's really thick and lumpy for your taste....just add more milk until it reaches your desired thickness.
thats basically my breakfast every morning....

Bobby
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: