Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-17-2002, 06:54 PM   #1
M5 Fanatic
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to M5 Fanatic
Angry Tire World=devil

I am merely putting a message to help vent my anger over one of the stupedist incidents i've ever seen!

A very good friend of mine went to Tire World and picked up 2 rear tires for his E36. The price was pretty good and service speed respectable. But today a week and a half later....he was doing a thorough washing b/c of the amazing weather when he noticed that the "idiots" had not replaced the locking bolt on the left rear tire! Upon arriving there this morning we also realized that they had stripped the lock key to mashed potatos making it useless for the other 3 tires! After being told"1 more hour for the owner" we finally got ahold of him, only to be told" Theres nothing we can do".

Now this has pissed me and my friends off beyond belief!

We are going to fight this t'ill its over and everything is fixed!

I am saying it would be nice if u guys could help, if possible. All my friends and I are members of Maxbimmer and could use a lil help. If u need tires, think for a second before choosing one, hopefuly not Tire World Or send an E-mail or a complaint to them....this isn't the first time either, Eurostyle lost a poorly tightened tire on the Hwy from them, a year ago....

Thanx alot for your time,

Dave
M5 Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 07:29 PM   #2
Mr seville
6th Gear Member

can't you shut them down by reviewing the survalence tapes. or get rid of them by getting someone after them. or you could use a dummy car to get them and tell the opp about it.
Mr seville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 07:57 PM   #3
e36_freak
Mostly absent

Send a message via ICQ to e36_freak Send a message via MSN to e36_freak
Cool

thanx hemi vision for sharing my story with maxbimmer..... if anyone was planning on buying rims, tires or anything from tire world..........i advise you to think again....they are sloppy jack asses......

[M]i[K]E[][M]i[K]E[]
e36_freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 01:01 PM   #4
Bimmer Heaven
MaXsponsor

They have good prices but service is S@#%!!! Last year
it took 2 weeks to get rims that they said will fit, when i got
them they rub on the struts. Then they grinded off the struts, still
rubbing... order spacers... week later still rubs. Order bigger spacers... few days later, still rubs. They sent the rims to a machine shop to grinde off the inner lip....week later no more rubbing! Finaly all 4 rims on the car....week later rear wheel falls OFF because of not torqued bolts....
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4

Etobicoke location opening SOON!!!!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Bimmer Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 04:56 PM   #5
M5 Fanatic
2nd Gear Member

still ongoing!

The manager has informed us again, there is nothing he can do!!! Tomorow we go(monday) to fight ti'll there is a happy resolve!
Old 04-22-2002, 04:59 PM   #6
MatyBMW
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to MatyBMW Send a message via Yahoo to MatyBMW
Better Business Bureau

You take action with the Better Business Bureau right away.

http:\\WWW.BBB.COM

it works
Old 04-22-2002, 09:07 PM   #7
M5 Fanatic
2nd Gear Member

Angry OVER!

Well today it ended.....They gave my friend a free removal of existing lock-bolts and CHARGED him for 3 new bolts...I'm PISSED....it's not completely over, but i need suggestions on the next course of action. THe owner JEFF said " I'd rather lose customers and charge the $15 for new bolts!!!!" thats horrible buisness.....Help plz!
Old 04-22-2002, 10:00 PM   #8
MatyBMW
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to MatyBMW Send a message via Yahoo to MatyBMW
ANTI TIRE WORLD

If he only charged $15 .. The case isn't big enough for BBB. But still, you have to question this man's business and work ethics. Let this one go, but we will all have to boycott shitty Tire World. I'll put an anti-tire world banner on my website. http://bubbalovesbubba.servemp3.com
Old 04-23-2002, 02:43 AM   #9
Bimmer Heaven
MaXsponsor

Thanks Mat... This place is really bad for business.... I was there when this happened... I told the owner: this is the second set of rims and tires i buy this year and i bring a lot of customers to you... but he said he has to put a line somewhere...even for $15 he rather LOSE CUSTOMERS.... Then i just picked up my new rims and said i'll get tires somewhere else...I know they have the best prices but please people try to avoid this place if you dont want to be treated like S@#T!!!!
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4

Etobicoke location opening SOON!!!!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Bimmer Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 02:46 AM   #10
Gamite

There are two owners at Tire World, one is the tall skinny guy who is mostly a prick, and the other is rarely ever there, maybe he should know of all this crap thats happening.

Also the guy at the front desk (bald guy) is one of the nicest people I've ever met.

I know someone who knows the other owner, maybe I'll talk to him.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 01:10 PM   #11
Razkal
6th Gear Member

the bald guy is a good guy. I dealt with him when he was at Tiremag. He took the time to give me full details when I was there a few years back shopping for my rims at the time. I ended up buying off him because I do business with people who want to do business with me. If they act like they are doing me a favor, then screw them!

Need any help with branding your company/services? :
http://www.businessninja.ca

Razkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 08:05 PM   #12
e36_freak
Mostly absent

Send a message via ICQ to e36_freak Send a message via MSN to e36_freak
Cool

****en shit ass tire world. thanx everyone for replying to this thread. i know the bald guy and the black guy wasn't bad. then there's the guy that was working on my car. he agreed that we should've atleast been told that they screwed up. he was kinda pissed for us too. which was kinda cool. = )*devil* *drunk*

[M]i[K]E[][M]i[K]E[]
e36_freak is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: