Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-26-2007, 09:25 PM   #1
jamison67
E30 POWER

rebuilt 2.7I 284 cam 2 lttle problums

i just rebuilt my motoer so now it is a 2.7I with a shrick 284 cam she goes good, but i have 2 problums i have an erratic idle where it jumps up and down from600 rpm to 900 rpm and when im driving and am coming to a stop when i push on the cluctch it drops rite down to 500rpm almost a stall,thats one, the other is i replaced the clutch and trowout bearing and had the pressure plate sent out and machined and balenced and now when i let off the clutch there is a huge raddle and when i push the clutch it goes away. it sounds like the bearing is gone but it is brand new, if anybody has any ideas it would be appreceated if you could let me now

thanks
jamison67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:57 PM   #2
BmW1819
6th Gear Member

why not replace the pressure plate maybe u mean the flywheel got machined . dod u lube the splines on the input shaft??? and clean it up good could be hanging up the idle must have something to do with you idle control valve and your AFM
BmW1819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:57 PM   #3
///Mmm
Need an s85!

From what i read , when you install upgraded camshafts( like shrick) your idle won't be smooth due to the timing. i think a chip might fix it , though not sure on this info.
///Mmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:11 AM   #4
The Sly
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mmm
From what i read , when you install upgraded camshafts( like shrick) your idle won't be smooth due to the timing. i think a chip might fix it , though not sure on this info.
I have a 2.7i with a 290/290 cam and my idle is stable..
I think you may have a problem of rich/lean mixture at idle or check the idle switch is on at your trottlebody switch assembly ..one way to check is with a ohm meter or move the throttle very slowly and listen for the click.
And make sure it is on at rest position or you wont have any idle.

As for the clutch noise ....do you know if the 2.7 crank you got was from a automatic or manual car... there is a bearing at the end of that crank for the tranny shaft.
I had a similar issue and i had a crank without that bearing so it was noisy.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: