Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Wheels&Tires
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-27-2007, 03:19 PM   #1
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Does ACS quality really sucks? v.neverendingstory

im at my wits

cliffs: 1 wheel had crack at one of welds, fixed weld @ wheelfix, got new tires, 2 weeks later drive to NYC, after which wheel loses air every week and I top it up. I take wheel off for winter and see 2 new cracks....

I called precision, they told me maybe wheelfix is not using correct alloy of weld thats why its cracking, and they said i can come by and drop the wheel off for them they can look at it

This is the email i got from wheelfix: Hello Vitaliy, We only answer the phone weekday mornings before 10:00am. as we are all busy working on wheels after then. We do offer pick-up and re-delivery so you may want to take advantage of that. Yes we do warranty our welding work. If the wheel has re-cracked on one of the existing welds, then the work will be free of charge. If the wheel has cracked at a new location, this would be considered a new job. Sometimes the wheels were not cast with the proper mix of alloys when they were manufactured originally. If this is the case, and the wheel has cracked at new locations, then I'd recommend getting rid of them! We have learned that if it cracks more than once, it will just keep cracking at new locations no matter how many times it gets repaired! We have one wheel that keeps coming in for crack repairs about twice a year! The owner keeps hoping that "this time will be the last" but it just keeps cracking! (new locations each time) Sometimes the manufacturer will replace the wheel. Sometimes they won't if it has been "modified" by repairing it. Let us know how we can help you out. John

SO wheelfix
-does not want me to come there
-say my AC schnitzers are of worse quality?
-recommend i get rid of them???

Whereas in precision i can come to their shop and look at the proccess and make sure they go through the WHOLE area and not do shitty job.

what do i do.

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:56 PM   #2
Boots R
Boots, not boost

uhh, go to precision?
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:10 PM   #3
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Honestly, vitaliy, go smash whoever welded those wheel's head in, tell them to do ir poperly, then smash their head in again cause you're crazy and ukrainian.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: