Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Videos and Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-19-2007, 09:56 PM   #16
calegrant
6th Gear Member

If spectators are dumb enough to stand on the outside corner of a VERY sharp turn during a wet rally where there is obviously quite a long straight before it they need a bit of a wake-up call. One would think the officials would make those people move though.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:19 AM   #17
jeffrie
Addict

Talking as a real rally spectator that's all part of the Joy of attending a rally in person, no rules unlike a track event plus no cost for admission & risk is known.
Can bring your own booze have a fire do what ever.
When I was their was a little different, instead of standing I was sitting high up in a chair in the box of a pickup truck with a case on one side snacks on the other out for a good time watching fast cars drive fast, if a car were to spin out would suck for the truck but I'd be fine.
Drivers/navigators are informed as to were spectators generaly choose to stand and incorporate it into their log books with safty speeds on a specific corner, if the guys were standing in the middle of the corner or crossing the streight away then yah sucks for their times but that's all part of Rally, they weren't in an odd spot, that was driver/navigator error (thinking more navigator myself).

Current Mods....X-Brace, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust, 17/225/45 M3 Replicas, HotBits Adjustable Coil Overs, 40% LSD 3:91 Diff, E30 Gearbox, Boosted.
jeffrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:42 PM   #18
ThatOneM42
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to ThatOneM42
same video from different angle clicky
Old 03-21-2007, 12:11 AM   #19
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Overcooked it for the conditions.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:19 AM   #20
magnus
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrie
Talking as a real rally spectator that's all part of the Joy of attending a rally in person, no rules unlike a track event plus no cost for admission & risk is known.
Can bring your own booze have a fire do what ever.
When I was their was a little different, instead of standing I was sitting high up in a chair in the box of a pickup truck with a case on one side snacks on the other out for a good time watching fast cars drive fast, if a car were to spin out would suck for the truck but I'd be fine.
Drivers/navigators are informed as to were spectators generaly choose to stand and incorporate it into their log books with safty speeds on a specific corner, if the guys were standing in the middle of the corner or crossing the streight away then yah sucks for their times but that's all part of Rally, they weren't in an odd spot, that was driver/navigator error (thinking more navigator myself).

If i put a single bullet in a gun and aim it at you and start clicking will you stay in front of the gun? No!
Its the same theory in Rallies. All spectators are told not to stand on the ouside of the corner in case the driver or the co-drriver make a mistake or even if there is a mechanical failure.
There is no chance in hell that either the driver or co-driver had any fault.
And having been involved in Rallying i can tell you that there is no information as to where spectators stand to the competitors.
When you are a spectator it is yours and only your responsibility to act and stay safe. If you fail and something happens you only have to blame yourself.
Carlos Sainz said on an interview once that the most horrible moment in rallying for him is when he opened the bonnet and found 2 fingers of a spectator. It is not his fault some idiot decided to stand so close or at the wrong place.
Drivers have enough things to think while competing. They do not and should not have to worry about the spectators!!!!

Dont take this personnaly , i just used you as an example!

"Lo there do I see my father.
Lo there do I see my mother.
Lo there do I see my brothers and my sisters.
Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.
Lo they do call to me
they bid me take my place among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
where the brave may live forever"
magnus is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: