Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-15-2007, 08:41 PM   #1
bimmer_art
1st Gear Newbie

Technical support

I was thinking swap the engine or rebuilt my old m20 engine and do turbo? what is better? Any ideas where I can get done it and price range?
bimmer_art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:00 PM   #2
Furious
BMW again.

check with RMP, bar none the best in aftermarket BMW stuff. 905-951-0002 talk to rocco or mark
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:00 PM   #3
brent-E30
boost junkie

to get stuff done, probly RMP. i allso had the same question as that but it realy comes down to what you are going to do with your car. i am going to turbo the m20. its a farly inexpensive way to get alot of power in a m20. and if your not into tuning it yourself and going standalone, i think it was markD or someone that makes a chip or the m20 that will run with 7 psi.

hope that helps. good luck
brent-E30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:08 PM   #4
bimmer_art
1st Gear Newbie

Just driving around. I am looking around 250-260 hp. I think its a lot for m20old engine if it has turbo. So i need to rebuild it and after put turbo.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:15 PM   #5
brent-E30
boost junkie

it depends how well the m20 was taken care of, there i guy on this forum i forget his user name, but on a well taken care of m20 with hi km's he was runing around 10-15 psi and his new setup will do 20-25 psi on the same motor all thats done is head studs. but on the other hand a rebuild would be a good idea and then you wouldent have to wory about boosting it.
brent-E30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:20 PM   #6
bimmer_art
1st Gear Newbie

Yea its what I was basically thinking. If I am going with turbo my engine has to be stronger so I need to rebuild engine and after turbo can go there. So RMP or bimmersport?
Old 03-16-2007, 10:55 PM   #7
Furious
BMW again.

both great garages, i have personal experience with rocco (RMP), and he is amazing with aftermarket products and high horsepower cars. he will be able to tell whats possible with the m20 and whats reasonable.
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: