Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 5 series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-16-2007, 06:41 PM   #46
O.S.
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlast
SCREW YOU!!!
oh wait, sorry, i didn't read the whole thing.
LOL LOL LOL
E34 520 Black - SOLD
O.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 11:56 PM   #47
93LE
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromius
Well that's an idiotic comment, who here said that the 540i6 is the fastest car on the road? That's not at all what this discussion is about, read the thread again. Thanks for your input, but it was rather useless.
Actually I believe it is, the point to this whole thread is basically this:

"....I was driving my BMW when I noticed a piece of crap Dodge try to race me, well it must be a piece of crap because it's not a BMW. We all know that BMWs are way faster than a car that has a Hemi in it, never mind that the BMW cost twice what the Dodge costs, new vs new, and used vs used. So after I inched away from him, I felt reaffirmed in my sense of superiority and made fun of his HEMI advertising line, even though I was not sure he was racing me the entire ltime, nor was I sure if he lifted off or not. Either way, what a piece of junk, we should all be driving BMWs....."

And when someone, who actually owns a Magnum and what looks to be a pretty fast C5, posts some objective and rational points challenging your statements, you get all defensive and questions whether he has a "rage issue" And if you haven't figured it out by now, my comment was more directed at you than the original poster. Do you feel all better about yourself now that you've made fun of a Dodge because its not as nice as your BMW? Public Road kill stories are useless, the fastest car doesn't win, it's the person who is dumb enough to keep their foot planted on the accelerator. So props to you man, you have a pimpin' BMW and not a crappy Dodge. Do you feel good too when you win a chess tournament against third graders?

And frankly, someone who pins it on a public road with hs wife and daughter aboard and then brags about it....well....enough said about that one.

Last edited by 93LE; 01-19-2007 at 12:09 AM.
93LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 12:06 AM   #48
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

What a nice cheery, sunny, friendly atmosphere this thread has. GOSH I love it.

I really need to unsubscribe from this.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:29 AM   #49
chromius
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93LE
"....I was driving my BMW when I noticed a piece of crap Dodge try to race me, well it must be a piece of crap because it's not a BMW. We all know that BMWs are way faster than a car that has a Hemi in it, never mind that the BMW cost twice what the Dodge costs, new vs new, and used vs used. So after I inched away from him, I felt reaffirmed in my sense of superiority and made fun of his HEMI advertising line, even though I was not sure he was racing me the entire ltime, nor was I sure if he lifted off or not. Either way, what a piece of junk, we should all be driving BMWs....."
No that's what you took from it. I can't help it if you can't look at something without distorting it.

Quote:
And when someone, who actually owns a Magnum and what looks to be a pretty fast C5, posts some objective and rational points challenging your statements, you get all defensive and questions whether he has a "rage issue"
Please...objective and rational? he insulted me for absolutly no reason at all, you're damn right I'm going to get defensive.

Quote:
And if you haven't figured it out by now, my comment was more directed at you than the original poster. Do you feel all better about yourself now that you've made fun of a Dodge because its not as nice as your BMW?
Please, I know you like to distort your views on what was said, but please show me where and when I made fun of a dodge.

Now, if you look back and READ my posts like I told you too, you will clearly see the discussion I was having was relating to the "fairness" of a particular match-up...NOT which brand is the best!

You come on here and give some useless comment like, "I'm ashamed to be lumped in with all the BMW snobs", and you pretend like you know us, or specifically me. Well, excuse me but you don't know me. I am far from what you would consider a "snob". I have owned 2 dodges, 2 hondas, and 2 bimmers, loved them all, did the wrench work on them all. And in the extended car family I have a pontiac and a ford, work on those too. I have great respect for any nice car on 4 wheels, and I'm not a brand elitest. I do like BMW's more, hence why I drive one, but that doesn't mean I can't respect other makes/models. Your comment was uncalled for, especially if it was directed at me. It also failed to add anything usefull to the discussion, except to point out your lack of reading skills.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:09 AM   #50
O.S.
3rd Gear Member

chromius - you reminded me - I actually own a Chrysler cirrus too ! I don't drive it though

and I feel bad for those people who get influenced by the Hemi-on-a-sports-car hype and buy one thinking they are the fastest thing on the road.
I feel bad disillusioning those people . Though the fact that that they are still relatively fast (though dangerous because they don't handle) and cost 50% of what a 540 costs when new - makes them the cars of choice for some, not for me though because I know better

now - if some get scared when I drive 80km/h in the 70 zone - I am sorry ... you should not be on the road if you scare that easily (though I understand that you guys did not know where I was driving and you probably thought that I zipped through the 40km/h school zone).
And I really appreciate the concern for my family. Though I don't believe that accelerating to 80km/h in 5 seconds is so much more dangerous than doing it in 7-8 s.

and again:
If someone is scared when people accelerate fast in a straight line off the lights and still stay more or less within the speed limit (80 in 70 zone is not speeding ) - than I am sorry I scare you.
I did not buy a 540 to drive like it is a 525. I would not consider myself smart if I have bought a 540 to drive it like I am a nun.
E34 520 Black - SOLD

Last edited by O.S.; 01-19-2007 at 10:13 AM.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:18 AM   #51
O.S.
3rd Gear Member

double-post - removed
E34 520 Black - SOLD
Old 02-02-2007, 11:26 PM   #52
windwagen
6th Gear Member

I find it funny that on paper, the non SRT-8 Hemi should smoke a 540, esp considering it has 58 HP and 80 ft-lb advantage. But when it comes to a side by side comparison, the 540 is quicker. When I first got to race one, I was getting ready for a spanking and I was suprised at the outcome.

My 540 was able to outrun all Hemi's challenged, and I a 300C backed out of a race - must've felt the pain before

Shouldn't this thread be in the "need for speed?"

E39 528i Touring - Unicorn Package (5 Spd M)
E39 M5 - for Sunny Days
windwagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:20 PM   #53
Mavrick
2nd Gear Member

You see, he was spinning tires until 90.. when he lifted!!
Mavrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:48 AM   #54
ALL3Y3SONE
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.S.
i got a stock 2000 540 - manual
so we are sitting at the lights, I have my wife and daughter with me, and next to me is a guy in a new Charger Hemi RT (360 HP) no one else in the car but him...
I did not even think of racing but when the lights turned green we both started rolling and then I noticed him looking at me and giving it all he had, by the time I realized what's going on he was full car length ahead. Well , I stepped on it and by the time we were doing 80-90kmh I pulled more then a half car length on him. His eyes were rolling out of his face with disbelief.

HEMI my a.s.s.

racing with your wife and daughter....... good job
ALL3Y3SONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:11 AM   #55
O.S.
3rd Gear Member

who said I was racing man?
I just stepped on it until reaching 80-90kmh.
I drive responsibly regardles of who is in my car.
E34 520 Black - SOLD
Old 02-23-2007, 09:14 AM   #56
O.S.
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick
You see, he was spinning tires until 90.. when he lifted!!
how come I could not spin tires when I test drove a charger hemi? I must have had very good tires a lot of traction. I probably should put tires from charger hemi on my 540, because I spin mine a lot ....
E34 520 Black - SOLD
Old 02-23-2007, 09:41 AM   #57
windwagen
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.S.
how come I could not spin tires when I test drove a charger hemi? I must have had very good tires a lot of traction. I probably should put tires from charger hemi on my 540, because I spin mine a lot ....
That's because I pissed allover that guy's car when he wasn't looking.

E39 528i Touring - Unicorn Package (5 Spd M)
E39 M5 - for Sunny Days
windwagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 06:37 PM   #58
Qube
5th Gear Member

Great story. What did your "I have my wife and daughter with me" think about this? Personally, I would never roll like that with a loved one on board but that's just me

Qube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:23 AM   #59
O.S.
3rd Gear Member

My wife and daughter have fun with me because they know it is safe fun. I never do anything risky on the road and if I race with them it is only for a few seconds, in a straight line when no other cars but my opponent's around.
that's why they can enjoy the race and not freak out.
In the winter I allow myself to do some gentle slides around corners at slow speeds when everyone sees that there are no other cars or pedestrians in sight. They know I have good control of my car and enjoy it.
It is trust that I built over the years that makes them enjoy it rather then panic .
They key - never to scare them with risky driving.
E34 520 Black - SOLD

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: