Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > Supporting Vendor Comments/Feedback > Eurostyle Design
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 04:12 PM   #1
DriveItSideways
Banned

Eurostyle Design Inc, Ripping People Off

Well i cant beleive what is happening, after doing business with Fil in the past ive had nothing but good experiences with him. Two months ago i purchased a transmission for my 93 320 from Fil. He informed me that the tranny he was selling me was from a 318, ok no problem... i specifically asked him twice through pm's if this tranny would work without a problem. He informed me that he spoke with Charlie at bimmersport and that he said it will work with "no problem", i expressed my concern and asked again if it would work, he reasured me a second time, then let me know that if i had any problems to just bring it back and he would refund me my money. Never once did he give me a time limit to bring back the part.
Low an behold, 2 months later im here installing this tranny (ive been busy with work thats why i had to wait so long to get started on it) and this thing will not work without modification. Where the slave cylinder bolts up to the tranny is completely different.
So having the reasurance that he gave me through pm and when i was at his shop, i call him up today to let him know that the tranny will not work. To my surprise he tells me he cannot take it back and if he can do anything about it he'll go half on it with me and give me $100, i paid $200 for the tranny.
This is not acceptable, he sold me the tranny under the impression that he would refund my money if i had any problems.. which i did, and also he never gave me a time limit of how long i could wait before returning the part.
This is very unaceptable, very unprofessional, and most of all down right wrong.
I never expected this from Fil, again we have done business transactions many times, so im not 2 sure why he would do this to one of his regular customers. Anyways even though its only $200 i will be taking Fil to small claims court, Unless Fil would like to refund my $200 or supply me with another tranny that will fit without modifications i will withdraw my complaint and return the tranny he sold me.
Im posting this for others to becarefull when doing business with this company, i dont want someone else being taken advantage of like i have.

Fil, i hope you find it in your heart to do the right thing.. im a straight up guy and i thought you were aswell. Lets take care of this in a professional manner.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:23 PM   #2
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

umm i hate to be a bitch, but isn t it your responibility to see if it fits?
Old 02-24-2007, 04:26 PM   #3
DriveItSideways
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 405Style
umm i hate to be a bitch, but isn t it your responibility to see if it fits?

Actually im glad you asked, no its not my responsibility as a buyer. As a seller i have to make sure that im selling my product that will properly suit your need. If you bought a brake rotor from canadian tire and it didnt fit, are u gonna sit there and say "oh well i should have known it wont fit" ? i highly doubt that you are that stupid.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:35 PM   #4
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Sorry to hear that this happened to you.. I don't know Fil that well but he seemed like an OK guy the few times I did business with him, although I feel that Luxtec and Bimmersport are more suited for the purpose....so that said I would probably go to them first, even if I had to pay a little more.

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
Old 02-24-2007, 04:36 PM   #5
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout_E36
Actually im glad you asked, no its not my responsibility as a buyer. As a seller i have to make sure that im selling my product that will properly suit your need. If you bought a brake rotor from canadian tire and it didnt fit, are u gonna sit there and say "oh well i should have known it wont fit" ? i highly doubt that you are that stupid.
yes and no, if he was sure it was to fit, then i agree with you 100%. If he said it MIGHT fit, then you should of checked, eitherway, i hope it works out for the best.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:47 PM   #6
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
I think it's simply the fact that Fil said that he will take it back and didn't.

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
Old 02-24-2007, 04:48 PM   #7
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_7
I think it's simply the fact that Fil said that he will take it back and didn't.
I missed that, ok blackout i agree with u 100%. hope it works out.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:49 PM   #8
DriveItSideways
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 405Style
yes and no, if he was sure it was to fit, then i agree with you 100%. If he said it MIGHT fit, then you should of checked, eitherway, i hope it works out for the best.
Not only did he reasure me that it would fit without any problems, he gave me a refrence from bimmersport (Charlie) that he said it would fit with no problems. Infact both of them were dead wrong. I will be posting up pics of the differences in the trannys, a mcdonalds clerk could tell you it wouldnt work.

EDIT: I called Fil back just now, he said he wants to go half on it with me, i would bring back the tranny and he would give me $100. What i cant understand is how that is half way? i gave him the inital 200 for the tranny, so now hes gonna give me 100 and then he can sell the tranny again for 200?? hes making a double profit on my loss, now this is making me even more fed up. Im still in shock that a max sponser who ive done business with would do something like this.

Last edited by DriveItSideways; 02-24-2007 at 04:52 PM.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:55 PM   #9
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout_E36
Not only did he reasure me that it would fit without any problems, he gave me a refrence from bimmersport (Charlie) that he said it would fit with no problems. Infact both of them were dead wrong. I will be posting up pics of the differences in the trannys, a mcdonalds clerk could tell you it wouldnt work.

EDIT: I called Fil back just now, he said he wants to go half on it with me, i would bring back the tranny and he would give me $100. What i cant understand is how that is half way? i gave him the inital 200 for the tranny, so now hes gonna give me 100 and then he can sell the tranny again for 200?? hes making a double profit on my loss, now this is making me even more fed up. Im still in shock that a max sponser who ive done business with would do something like this.
Youre in the green. Thats a shitty thing to do. Fil, do the right thing.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:28 PM   #10
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

I can't speculate much, I don't know the exact details, BUT,
Unfortunately, not many will take a part 2 months after you've initially bought it from them. Not even large stores like CT or other shops.
Anyway, I am sure you will work this out. Posting on Max is not the way to do it.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual-1 of 1 - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'04 Volvo S60R/6spd.:Nautical Blue/Gobi&Black
'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:. 1 of 8 SOLD
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
Old 02-24-2007, 05:33 PM   #11
DriveItSideways
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover
I can't speculate much, I don't know the exact details, BUT,
Unfortunately, not many will take a part 2 months after you've initially bought it from them. Not even large stores like CT or other shops.
Anyway, I am sure you will work this out. Posting on Max is not the way to do it.

I run an auto repair shop, i have accounts with almost 20 parts suppliers, for example NAPA AUTO PARTS

I just returned a full stock of timing belts to them that were 5 years old, full of dust from sitting in my parts room all that time. I never returned them before because THEY TOLD ME HOW LONG I HAVE UNTIL I NEED TO RETURN THE PARTS
Fil at no point specified his company policy to me about part return time, this is his and only his responsibilty as a business owner.

edit: Posting on max is one of the best ways to get my point across, Fil told me straight out hes gonna play ball if i take further actions, this is his home court so here i am.

Last edited by DriveItSideways; 02-24-2007 at 05:36 PM.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:39 PM   #12
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

This is a USED part, you are forgetting that. Most used parts are sold as is where is how is. Anyway, I am staying out of this, I just don't think its all Eurostyles fault. Regardless..
I am sure it will somehow get worked out.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual-1 of 1 - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'04 Volvo S60R/6spd.:Nautical Blue/Gobi&Black
'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:. 1 of 8 SOLD
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
Old 02-24-2007, 05:43 PM   #13
DriveItSideways
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover
This is a USED part, you are forgetting that. Most used parts are sold as is where is how is. Anyway, I am staying out of this, I just don't think its all Eurostyles fault. Regardless..
I am sure it will somehow get worked out.

If its not Fil's fault whos is it? its my fault for trusting his word that it would work or he would take it back?? He gave me his word that this would not cause a problem for me and he gave me is word that he would return my money if there was a problem, he hasnt held up to his words in any way shape or form.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:46 PM   #14
Nascar318is
6th Gear Member

If I was in your situation right now, I would throw it up in the FS section and try to recupe your money.

1994 318is-Sold July 13th 2010.. Sad Sad Day
Old 02-24-2007, 06:12 PM   #15
M3Ab
Pakman

First of all, why didn't you get anything in writing? Although you may try to say an 'oral contract' is a contract, most judges would laugh at you if you were to bring something like this in front of them in small claims court (not that I'm saying you're going to go that route). So really, the blame lies on you. Stop whining about $200!!! He made you the offer to meet you half way, which I would say is fair, it's a used part and you being the buyer in today's day and age should have done the research yourself...CALLED THE DEALER PERHAPS??!?!?!?...to see if it would work.

I hate that guys on here act like bitches and try to ruin people's reputations over **** all. I don't know Fil, never met him, but he made you a fair offer, so take it or leave it.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: