Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > Other BMW Parts
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-18-2007, 02:12 PM   #1
PedroBMW
Hooked on Boost

FLR: S52 complete with everything inc. trans <100km

Just like the title states, this is a feeler for my cousins s52 engine+tranny+ECU from his 1998 m3. I am posting this for him since he doesn't go on max. It has about 85,000km (i can't remember exact # but I will ask him.) This is out of his pristine 1998 m3 that has been meticulously maintained.

Reason for selling is that if all pans out properly he is swapping in an s54. I'm am speaking to Rocco at RMP right now so if this all goes down, he will be doing the swap, so If you are truly interested you will have an opportunity before the swap happens to see the engine running and even ride in the car if you want. This engine and tranny is about as good as it gets, silky smooth, always well maintained and you will actually know where it comes from (unlike random ebay motors). The only reason that I have posted this as a feeler is because the e46 m3 is up for auction so until he buys it it is not 100% that this will happen, once I here from him that its all good I will change the thread and remove the "feeler".

Asking price right now is $6800 for everything. C'mon all you e36 and e30 guys you know you wanna

http://www.foldingtrailers.ca
PedroBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 03:13 PM   #2
PedroBMW
Hooked on Boost

thanks for the comments guys, considering how much they go for on bimmerforums for comparable mileage I don't think this is really that unusual of a price, it would just be nicer to sell it to someone in ontario than in the states.
big_booste36: $3500 would be low for an s52 of this mileage and condition and history. You can go ahead and check it out and prove me wrong if you like, we don't wanna bs anyone.

Anyway we'll see how it goes, price might be able to be negotiated a bit once there is someone seriously interested.

Old 02-18-2007, 03:19 PM   #3
Michel
6th Gear Member

is that really too high? Considering its a complete engine(S52, not S50), ECU and tranny not to mention the low mileage... I personally feel like its fair, or maybe mentioning o.b.o as long as offers are obviously not TOO low.
Michel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 03:31 PM   #4
PedroBMW
Hooked on Boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel
is that really too high? Considering its a complete engine(S52, not S50), ECU and tranny not to mention the low mileage... I personally feel like its fair, or maybe mentioning o.b.o as long as offers are obviously not TOO low.
Thanks man, I know the price is fair that is why I'm not to concerned. I expected these comments on here. I think anytime I've seen someone trying to sell something like this on MAX there's a bunch of comments from random members just throwin in their two cents (even though they're not even interested or know the market) before the true serious buyer who has done some research and shopped around comes and posts. Its all good, thanks for the support.

Again this is everything complete ENGINE+TRANNY+ECU with low kms and meticulously maintained AND you can ride in the car before you buy if you'd like, I don't think you could ask any better. If I were looking for an s52 for my 328is, I think this would be the most ideal situation which i could imagine.

Old 02-18-2007, 03:38 PM   #5
PedroBMW
Hooked on Boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexxy325is
What did Rocco offer you ? $4000.00 at best !
Here's a link where that price will get ya one with 1/4 that kms .
Another $1000.00 for a good trans tops ! $500. to ship !

$6800.00 is way to much . Maybe $5000.00 CDN ...

http://www.zionsvilleautosport.com/s...3&BodyStyle=4D
I didn't ask Rocco what he'd offer me, and frankly I don't care, Rocco would need to make a profit on it so I know he won't offer me what its worth to a customer. (its like selling a car private or trading it in, obviously the trade in will give you alot less since the dealership will need to put their own mark up on it again to sell it).

As far as the engine you show'd be that is 4 grand without the tranny and without ECU (as it appears) and also potential buyers no nothing about the history of it. This engine has all documentation of its maintenance and customers can see it running and feel how smoothly and strong it pulls.

Its all good man, if the MAX members decide its to expensive and turn down this impressive specimen of a motor and tranny its no biggie, If i go on Bimmeforums.com I know it will sell because the market is much larger and people will realize a good sale when they see it. If anyone would like to make offers or ask any questions about the motorI will be back in a few hours to check this thread again.

Old 02-18-2007, 05:26 PM   #6
big_boostE36
2nd Gear Member

Hey man we all need to make money so if you get that much all the best.... but really you do see how much luxtec sells motors for and the milage on those motors isn't crazy..... But I hope you sell it.. Good luck
big_boostE36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 08:32 PM   #7
PedroBMW
Hooked on Boost

BUMP like I said price can be negotiated if someone is seriously interested.

$4500 just for the engine without tranny without ECU is actually getting close to what I'm asking, so If you go a little higher maybe we could have a deal. Also I'm not trying to underquote Luxtec, I really couldn't care less how much they sell there motors for, I am selling this for what I believe it is worth and am open for offers. Thanks.

Old 02-18-2007, 08:53 PM   #8
Michel
6th Gear Member

another thing that would interest me in this engine more than most others is that this one has canadian km's...who knows where those US engines have been... thats just wat i would look for when im buying an engine or even a car with a swapped engine at least...
Michel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 09:59 PM   #9
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Mine has 68km (halifax car) and got it for $3000 complete it is S52 as well..so it isnt out of the question for 3500, its the usual going rate without tranny (+$850 from Luxtec). Good luck with the S54 swap, what are you guys doing in terms of engine management?

Not that it matters, but I think $4500 is a fair asking price minus the ECU given its condition.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction

Last edited by Jon@Bimmersport; 02-18-2007 at 10:01 PM.
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:24 AM   #10
PedroBMW
Hooked on Boost

Monday Morning Bump, hopefully the peanut gallery stays out of my thread now.

Johnny-For Engine Management it will be the stock ECU, thats why were talking to Rocco about it

Old 02-19-2007, 07:21 PM   #11
PedroBMW
Hooked on Boost

bump

Old 02-22-2007, 02:10 AM   #12
PedroBMW
Hooked on Boost

Bump - Price Is Negotiable