Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-25-2007, 01:44 PM   #46
330ci05
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiver
A sportbike vs. a car in a straight line race? The bike all the way, hands down!

Ice, I ride a 1993 CBR600F2... it is in pieces right now as I need to repair and align the carbs before Spring!

Waiting for Spring...

Gordon

yeah right.... thats a nice bike, what colour is it??? where do u go and do ur work on ur bike???? i'm waiting for spring too man, it's goin to be my first bike season ... we should go cruzin ....... i think a bike can take a car on a track too, not just straight line..... .... but ur bike will smoke my 400cc
330ci05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 03:26 PM   #47
Jiver
All For One & One For All

Send a message via MSN to Jiver
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330ci05
yeah right.... thats a nice bike, what colour is it??? where do u go and do ur work on ur bike???? i'm waiting for spring too man, it's goin to be my first bike season ... we should go cruzin ....... i think a bike can take a car on a track too, not just straight line..... .... but ur bike will smoke my 400cc
That is correct! A bike will smoke a car on a track with lots of twisties.

I cruise on occasion. I would just ride, where ever the wind takes me. Especially on a warm sunnie day!

Yes, I work on my bike, the simple stuff like; oil & filter changes, brakes and lines, fluid changes, etc... I am working on my carbs. Want to get them done before Spring.

My bike is mainly white with blue, red and black. I have a Corbin Solo seat. Plus, my bike has been modified with ignition advance, jet kit & V & H pipe and oval exhaust.

Oh, yeah, Spring! Going to be good...

Gordon

Enter the World of Ballroom Dance
One for All and All for One

Last edited by Jiver; 01-25-2007 at 03:30 PM.
Jiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:14 PM   #48
330ci05
6th Gear Member

Quote:
That is correct! A bike will smoke a car on a track with lots of twisties.

I cruise on occasion. I would just ride, where ever the wind takes me. Especially on a warm sunnie day!

Yes, I work on my bike, the simple stuff like; oil & filter changes, brakes and lines, fluid changes, etc... I am working on my carbs. Want to get them done before Spring.

My bike is mainly white with blue, red and black. I have a Corbin Solo seat. Plus, my bike has been modified with ignition advance, jet kit & V & H pipe and oval exhaust.

Oh, yeah, Spring! Going to be good...

Gordon
i love how it looks with a solo seat.....howlong hve you had the bike for??? u planning on upgrading??? ...... i can't wiat till spring..... the weather looked nice till few weeks, i though spring was goin to come sooner...
Old 01-25-2007, 11:56 PM   #49
Jiver

I bought the bike new in 1993. I wanted that bike and colour scheme. So, I will hold on to it a little bit longer. Besides, to replace with a bike the same size engine, now-a-days, would be too expensive.

Did you just buy your bike? You did mention that it would be your first riding season? You must be excited. Did you take a riding course? I took a refresher course last year with my GF as she rides a Vespa. Her first scooter. Boy, the scooter is fun! Nothing compared to my CBR, though. Her Vespa is only 150cc with a top speed of 100km. It starts to vibrate after 100km. The engine is screaming, too!

Yeah, I am tired of winter already... come on Spring!

Old 01-26-2007, 09:17 AM   #50
330ci05
6th Gear Member

Quote:
I bought the bike new in 1993. I wanted that bike and colour scheme. So, I will hold on to it a little bit longer. Besides, to replace with a bike the same size engine, now-a-days, would be too expensive.

Did you just buy your bike? You did mention that it would be your first riding season? You must be excited. Did you take a riding course? I took a refresher course last year with my GF as she rides a Vespa. Her first scooter. Boy, the scooter is fun! Nothing compared to my CBR, though. Her Vespa is only 150cc with a top speed of 100km. It starts to vibrate after 100km. The engine is screaming, too!

Yeah, I am tired of winter already... come on Spring!

WOW, so u been riding for a while now.... nice, yeah this is my first season, i took a course in september last year, it was fun, those Vespa's must be nice on gas... so u ride the bike more then the ZHP???
Old 01-26-2007, 11:40 AM   #51
rodo
6th Gear Member

hey i got a bike too! hahahaha 150cc dirtbike, 5sp, tops out at like 96 cuz I have taller gearing cuz u never need to go 100km/h at a motocross track

2010 Expedition

Objects in mirror are farther than they appear Only in a BMW

rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:29 PM   #52
Jiver

Quote:
WOW, so u been riding for a while now.... nice, yeah this is my first season, i took a course in september last year, it was fun, those Vespa's must be nice on gas... so u ride the bike more then the ZHP???
First year. That is great! I remember my first year, lots of fun and excitement. One word of advice, if I may, be aware of your limitations on your bike & keep a space buffer all around you.

The Vespa is extremely economical on gas.

It is hard to decide to ride my bike or my 330i ZHP. What a decision, eh?

Old 01-26-2007, 12:31 PM   #53
Jiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodo
hey i got a bike too! hahahaha 150cc dirtbike, 5sp, tops out at like 96 cuz I have taller gearing cuz u never need to go 100km/h at a motocross track
That's Great!

We should set up a Max bike meet in the Spring. I am sure there would be other riders on the board?

Old 01-26-2007, 06:02 PM   #54
330ci05
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodo
that must be fun.....how often do you go???
Old 01-26-2007, 06:02 PM   #55
330ci05
6th Gear Member

Quote:
That's Great!

We should set up a Max bike meet in the Spring. I am sure there would be other riders on the board?

yeah we should have one..... but i don't think his bike is street legal....
Old 01-26-2007, 06:25 PM   #56
Jiver

Quote:
yeah we should have one..... but i don't think his bike is street legal....
Too bad! Maybe he has a street legal bike?

Old 02-15-2007, 06:49 PM   #57
BennyL
7th Gear Member

i have a street legal bike. this will be my first season, too. i ride a 1979 Honda CX500. hook that shit up, and lets cruise!

My Ride: E36 318 Convertible - Black Ext. Peanutbutter Int.
BennyL is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: