Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-19-2002, 12:38 AM   #1
Slowered318
tick.tick.tick.tick.tick

Questions about 318 intake

Does anyone know if a mass air sensor for a 4 cylinder bmw is a good idea and where can I get one for cheap. I want to be able to manualy adjust my air fuel ratio.

Also has anyone vented their valve cover like they do on muscle cars so i can cap the factory vent because it pumps hot air into my intake. Is this a good idea and will i gain from it? The engine has an oil line to heat the intake manifold so it should still run good in cold weather.
Old 02-20-2002, 08:10 PM   #2
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
Why don't you just get an ajustable fuel pressure regulator and a Auto Meter air fuel ratio guage? You could easily fine tune fuel mixture this way and it would be much cheaper than getting a new MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor to compensate ($600+). I don't even know if that would work, most people have used the FPR's sucessfully.

Bryan
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Autotechnica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 12:37 AM   #3
Slowered318
tick.tick.tick.tick.tick

Where can I buy an FRP???

Also can i get a 2 or 3 guage cluster for my E30 A pillar or whatever you call it on the left above the dash guages? I would get the one that goes below the heater controls but I like that spot for my smokes and cell phone. I also wanna run oil temp and pressure guage.

thanks a lot by the way MTRD

Ryan
Old 02-21-2002, 03:37 PM   #4
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
You can get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator from BMP online (this is a very good one but also overpriced) or you can get them locally at Motronix Motor Sports, just talk to Dave, he is around this board once in a while I'm sure he can hook you up.

As for the guages, I suggest getting the Auto Meter A/F ratio guage, it has multi-coloured lights and it looks pretty trick. I haven't seen too many "A" piller guage mounts for BMW's, but I'm sure you can find one if you look around. I know Bavarian sells the one that goes in your console with all the oil temp. and pressure guages. It has 3 holes for 3 different guages. Let me know if you ever need help with the wiring, I've done this many times.

Also, if you want an auto meter, please let me know. I can get these things pretty cheap. Good Luck

Bryan
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Last edited by Autotechnica; 02-21-2002 at 03:40 PM.
Autotechnica is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: