Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-02-2007, 04:54 PM   #16
///Maluco
5erholic

I'll give you some feedback with our Audi experience, but it's an older A4 model.
We have a '01 A4 1.8T Quattro and it's been great!
I'd recommend the V6 model as the fuel consumption from the Turbo (in the city) is not the greatest...to top it off, you'll need to run premium with the Turbo motors. I've been in 3.0ltr. V6 (B6 chassis) A4's and they run smooooth....also a really nice ride.

Going back to our '01 A4, we simply do all the general maintenance when required...oil changes, brakes, etc...I recommend them...nice car, great ride....

As for the newer A4's....they do look really nice...I'd probably buy a newer one for the added trunk space which I'm lacking on the B5 chassis.

BTW...Every car has their issues...*cough*cough* even BMW's....oh and I own one of those too!

Bimmer Mag......................October 2010.....................Issue No. 93
///Maluco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:55 PM   #17
spooner_dee
Has no idea whats goin on

Send a message via AIM to spooner_dee
if you like the new audi, shit just buy the damn thing, run it till the warrenty is gone then sell the POS. That way while you have it, if it breaks, you dont pay a dime. Then at the magical number of miles, part ways and move on.

As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish I wish he'd go away.
spooner_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:07 PM   #18
Manimillion
Photographer

My cousin had a b5 s4. The car had sooo many problems at 80k km's, it was unbelievable. Heater stopped working, then the windows stoped rolling down, then the remote key stoped working, then the drivers side door handle and key hole stopped working, then finaly the central locking messed up.

That car was a disaster.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:51 PM   #19
Bmwstylz
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tominizer
That's gotta be the most retarded thing I've ever heard someone say about Audi's. And are you talking from real life experience or based on what someone else is telling you..... BTW, turbo's are a wear and tear item and do eventually need to have maintenance or be replaced. Shit, I hate it when people say stupid things.
Lol *sigh* Irony. A case of the pot calling the kettle black.

I disaggree - Turbos are a lifetime item, and if the car is maintained (frequent oil changes) and not abused a Turbo should last the life of the car. i.e. 200,000km easily.

The new 2.0T FSI engine should be bulletproof if properly taken care of! And the Audi interiors for the last decade shame Bmw....

Get One!
Old 01-03-2007, 11:02 PM   #20
windwagen
6th Gear Member

I'll give you my opinion, but you don't have to take it. I still think Audi's have reliability problems. My buddy's 2yr old A4 stranded him with a bad fuel pump. I had a VW Jetta Wagon, which had numerous design issues and some electrical problems.

And finally, I think Audi's are slow because Quattro robs too much power. One could argue better handling, but street suspension Audis tend to understeer heavily. A 340HP V8 S4 has comparable accelleration with the bigger, less powerful 540.

E39 528i Touring - Unicorn Package (5 Spd M)
E39 M5 - for Sunny Days
windwagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:05 AM   #21
tominizer
6th Gear Member

No one else is allowed to speak........... damn you all. SHUT UP......... Audi's rule !!

Some Audi's suck........ just like some BMW's and all KIA's. Then again, that pile of suck story can often be attributed to the owner(s) being fukin' morons and not taking care of their vehicles properly.............. if at all. It's amazing the number of people that bitch vehicles out as being garbage ......... but when you dig deep to find out how they actually take care of them......... then you understand why.

With many S4 owners I know or have run into, it's all gun it and run it cause it's expected to be a fast/quick ride, but rarely do these tools understand the flip side about maintenance, cool down periods on the turbos ad all the other aspects to running a car like that hard. Everyone just becomes a hero in an S4. So no wonder S4's become a piles of hurt or just die.

With new cars these days, so many people just don't give a shit either. They drive the crap out of their cars and then flip them before warrantee is up............. with very little or no maintenance being done.
Think about that "attitude". Scares the shit out of me now to buy a used car So that said, while some may be knowledgable and actually maintain the beast, if they bought something used that was put away hot and wet every day while under warrantee cause the owner didn't give a shit, the car is done before they even got it. It's not the cars fault.

Last edited by tominizer; 01-05-2007 at 08:12 AM.
tominizer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: