Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-02-2007, 11:44 PM   #1
Hartge H26
4th Gear Member

Why so hard to find E30/m30 turbo

I've ben lookng for m2/m30 turbo info and really coming up with notinh of substance.

RALPH..... where are you

I'm looking at putting a 745i (M106) turbo into my E30 and want to do my read-up 1st before I start anything.

Any help appreciated.
Hartge H26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:49 PM   #2
King Luis
The King.

Send a message via MSN to King Luis
check out e30tech.com for m20 turbo info, don't know if they know anything about m30 turbo.
pm, ralph. he's usually pretty quick on the replys.

Sold:2004 Silver Gray M3
Mods: Dice Unit, EAS Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors, CSL Diffuser, Smoked Corners, PSS10s, 15mm Front and 10mm Rear Spacers.

Gone:1990 Brilliantrot 325is
Mods: Alpine speakers and HU, Euro Projectors, Magnaflow Muffler, Euro Smoked Tails and GC Coilovers.
King Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:52 PM   #3
Hartge H26
4th Gear Member

been there thanks... I'd love to see a clean install of what it looks like in the engine compartment.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:14 AM   #4
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

forget the m106... the m30 is pretty much the same thing... especially the older ones... compression is wayyy down there... and if u use the newer m30b35 head on an older m30b34 block it's even lower.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:01 AM   #5
Red_Liner740
2nd Gear Member

Yea, it REALLY blows that theres only ONE turbo kit out there from TCD....

i mean jeez, not a single aftermarket turbo manifold? if the M30 is such an amazing turbo engine without a turbo how come theres no aftermarket for it?

i mean TCD is a great company and their kit is a great system, but a little competition would be nice...
Red_Liner740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:08 AM   #6
Hartge H26
4th Gear Member

I have a complete 3.5 sitting in my garage, I wanted a factory turbo so I don't have any issues with computer, wiring harness, manifold etc.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:12 AM   #7
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartge H26
I have a complete 3.5 sitting in my garage, I wanted a factory turbo so I don't have any issues with computer, wiring harness, manifold etc.
Then IMO you are already going about FI the wrong way.

If you want to use that old crap, you not going to have any efficiency or real power.

Look into getting a standalone ECU... If you do some research on VEMS and you have some time and the willingness to learn it would be a very worthwhile investment. If VEMS is a little too complicated for you, then maybe Mega Squirt would fit your budget and skill level (since there is much more support).

what m30 do u have? if it really a m30b35 out of the E34? I know someone who has a m30b34 if you are interested and he used to have a VEMS stand alone which was setup for a 6cyl and boost, but that is now gone. But his m30 I also converted to a 60-2 crankwheel and VR sensor... which if u'rs is from an E34 should have as well.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:17 PM   #8
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

I forgot to mention that the m30 that my buddy has... I already converted for fitment to an E30 (if that's what u drive)... changed the oil pump/sump and pan, and he also has e30.de mounts for it (position II and III)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: