Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: What speed do you cruise at on the highway?
100-110 4 6.90%
111-120 13 22.41%
121-130 23 39.66%
131-140 9 15.52%
141- +++++++ 9 15.52%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-20-2003, 08:48 PM   #46
MP328
Krv Svoju Za Bosnu Moju

Send a message via MSN to MP328

i dont have the fancy OBC just the simple one so i dont know anymore by how much it's off.
but i haven't gone over 200 in a while, i had a co-worker with me once on the 407 doing 210 and he said he felt the car lift a bit. i didn't but anyways after that i never went any higher then 190-200

but once i put some bigger wheels and lower it a bit i wanna try and see if i can get to the end of the speedo
MP328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 10:13 PM   #47
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by thinair
Actually it's limited 206km/h, the speedo are usually off....

My car and my mom's car also say like 215km/h, but it's really 206 128mph)... which is what the OBC says.
well i read on the net somewherer that they top out at 245kmh, PLUS, if you think about it, when your in fifth doing about 3250 rpm, check the speed, and just DOUBLE IT!!
my 94 320i i got to 215kmh, and it just wouldn't go ANYMORE!!!
no with my chip, aperently i can do about 264kmh!!!

ONE DAY!!!!
Soldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 10:21 PM   #48
johnoz
/OO=[][]=OO\

Maan, I thought you guys were younger than I am in every aspect. This bavarian machine cries/dies if driven under 140. You guys should been to an Autobahn where you cruise around 180-200 km/h and on the very last /"fast" lane you hear (trust me you can't see it) a Porsche is passing by at 220-230 at least and make you feel your car is on complete stop.

Hehe. Drive safely though!
johnoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 11:30 PM   #49
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
Quote:
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
PLUS, if you think about it, when your in fifth doing about 3250 rpm, check the speed, and just DOUBLE IT!!
my 94 320i i got to 215kmh, and it just wouldn't go ANYMORE!!!
no with my chip, aperently i can do about 264kmh!!!

ONE DAY!!!!
Yeah, and doubling 3250rpm will give you a theoretical speed at 6500rpm, very few cars can pull to redline in 5th/last gear on level road. My cars current theoretical limit at 6750rpm (rev cutoff) is 261km/h before I run out of gear, I know for a fact that my car will never do that due to aeradynamic/driveline drag.

If you hit 215km in your 320i without a chip then you hit the speed governer. All stock BMW speedometers are off by 5-7% so you think you're going faster then you really are. If you really want to know how fast your going get a your car radared, or if you have a full OBC, select the average speed button, then reset it at speed, the first number it gives you is your current speed.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 12:10 AM   #50
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Quote:
If you hit 215km in your 320i without a chip then you hit the speed governer. All stock BMW speedometers are off by 5-7% so you think you're going faster then you really are. If you really want to know how fast your going get a your car radared, or if you have a full OBC, select the average speed button, then reset it at speed, the first number it gives you is your current speed. [/b]
5-7%
thats odd, if the tire size is correct it should give you an exact speed!!!
shouldn't it??
also, your car has enough power to reach 261kmh, you just need THAT much road, and it would take some time to reach that velocity!!!
Old 01-21-2003, 12:26 AM   #51
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
Quote:
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
5-7%
thats odd, if the tire size is correct it should give you an exact speed!!!
shouldn't it??
also, your car has enough power to reach 261kmh, you just need THAT much road, and it would take some time to reach that velocity!!!
Not with BMW's, MB's are the same thing, as are almost every car with analog speedometers.

I can drive for 100km and my car will never hit 261km/h.

Ok, on my bicycle in the highest gear I have enough strength to sprint to 55km/h (on level ground) but if I draft a dump truck I can hit 80km/h, why? No wind resistance!
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 01:26 AM   #52
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by thinair
Not with BMW's, MB's are the same thing, as are almost every car with analog speedometers.

I can drive for 100km and my car will never hit 261km/h.

Ok, on my bicycle in the highest gear I have enough strength to sprint to 55km/h (on level ground) but if I draft a dump truck I can hit 80km/h, why? No wind resistance!
hmmmmmmmmmmm,

TOUCHE!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: