Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Sightings
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-26-2006, 11:43 PM   #16
AceOfSpades
♠ ♠ ♠

i've seen the clip before....but dude, doing 150km/h in that 1m X 1m thingy, you gotta have some steel balls
AceOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:49 AM   #17
Seven
Gimme The Keys

Hehe, yeah, but the smart car is supposed to be pretty safe, I still don't know how, must have ridiculously efficient crumple zones, or else impacts must be jarring as hell! I saw a clip of a smart car in a frontal offset crash test against a S-class, and if my memory serves me correctly, the smart did very well, better than the S-class ... but maybe I was drunk that day!!?
Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 12:36 PM   #18
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2ozebozz
i've seen the clip before....but dude, doing 150km/h in that 1m X 1m thingy, you gotta have some steel balls

Randy did it in his Smart during one of the cruises not too long ago, I know because I was right behind him chasing him in my 540

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven
Hehe, yeah, but the smart car is supposed to be pretty safe, I still don't know how, must have ridiculously efficient crumple zones, or else impacts must be jarring as hell! I saw a clip of a smart car in a frontal offset crash test against a S-class, and if my memory serves me correctly, the smart did very well, better than the S-class ... but maybe I was drunk that day!!?

that test was conducted with a E-Class not a S-Class, and yes it did very well, you have to understand that the tridion cell on the Smart is very strong like a race car roll cage.

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 05:04 PM   #19
Seven
Gimme The Keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack
that test was conducted with a E-Class not a S-Class, and yes it did very well, you have to understand that the tridion cell on the Smart is very strong like a race car roll cage.
That's what I figured, but how is the impact absorption? Is there any? Or does the Smart just rely on the crumple zones of the car it is hitting, or that is hitting it?
Old 10-27-2006, 05:26 PM   #20
Hound
V-Dub in da House

Send a message via MSN to Hound
just watch this...

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...881379&q=smart

07 GTI, Revo Stage II, 3" catless GHL exhaust, OEM R32 rear conversion, 17x9 + 17x11 215/45/17 all around on genuine BBS RS's, B&G RSII coilovers

96 Harliquin Golf
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 08:20 PM   #21
Seven
Gimme The Keys

The cage is impressive, never questioned that. But that video still doesn't say anything about the affects of such a crash on the human body. Plus, the crash was offset slightly, so I'm thinking the passenger compartment might have been damaged more if it was head on. Anyway, I don't want to be a pain in the ass, I can do my own research. Thanks for the vid.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:07 PM   #22
Seven
Gimme The Keys

This link elaborates a bit. I'm satisfied.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/jk/040908.htm
Old 10-30-2006, 10:24 AM   #23
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack
that's funny that you mentioned Echo's, there a few in my area that are done up, I'm like WTF!?!?!?, rims, exhaust, chipped & other bolt-on products from what I can see, it's pretty rice
Believe it or not the echo/yaris hatches are actually pretty quick, not in a straight line but they handle really well.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: