Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-28-2006, 01:11 AM   #1
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Send a message via AIM to BlitzSix Send a message via MSN to BlitzSix
Why is my amp ****ed?

Yeah so I'm bumping my gino beats and then my subs go out.

Amp still turns on. I thought the subs were blown but I tested my amp on another (working) sub and it didin't work so it's the amp for sure.

What could it be?
BlitzSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 07:59 AM   #2
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

It is the deck pre outs........test the deck with another amp and go from there....
Old 09-29-2006, 12:16 AM   #3
gtrm3
2nd Gear Member

I dont know what kind of amp u have but if u wanna check if there is ne out put coming out of the amp then hook up the AC voltmeter to the +ve and _ve of the amps output to the subwoofer. make sure u have the deck on and a bass cd playing at like 1/2 the max out put volume. it shoukd show a reading of say 5 to 60 volts depending on the amp and the gain sensitivity.
gtrm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 05:24 PM   #4
koncise
all you need is one mike

Send a message via MSN to koncise
its rebelling against your music.... and I thank him
Old 09-29-2006, 10:03 PM   #5
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
come by tomorrow, we'll check it with the voltmeter. Fuses prolly

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 06:39 AM   #6
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Amp would not turn on if it was the fuses.

1. Check the amp pre-out cables, is sound being delivered to your amp? If not, the problem is with your deck, or the wiring from the deck to the amp.

2. If there is sound going to your amp, then check if sound is being delivered from your amp to your subs or another speaker. If not, then problem is now isolated to your amp.

3. Check the fuses, ensure the gain is turned up, and all connections are solid. (remove/ground/etc.)

4. If this doesn't solve the problem, the amp itself is probably damaged and will need to be repaired ot replaced.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 12:34 PM   #7
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Okay thanks guys. Yeah I don't think it's the deck because it suddenly happened while i was driving on the highway with my alpine in the 240, and then I connected it to the civic (jvc deck) and still same thing.

Ivan thanks for the offer i'll def. come by
Old 10-14-2006, 07:51 PM   #8
BlitzSix
6 Speed

OKay, I need help again. I got a new amp and it's still screwed...

This is basically what happened....I was driving in the 240 (alpine deck) and the subs suddenly stopped working. I didn't have time to bother with them so I just pulled them out. Then, I parked the 240 and decided to put the subs in the civic (very old JVC deck).

So I go and connect it all up (I used the same wiring as the 240), and hope that it will work for some reason. It doesn't.

I then buy a cheap sub ($15) to test because I thought the subs were blown (since amp turns on). It still doesn't work (but said sub works 100% I checked it on my buddies system).

So then I posted here, and thought it was probably the amp so I bought an amp just now (used..).

It still doesn't work. I pulled out the deck and ****ed with it a bit and it still didn't work. BUT I tried something. I stuck the 2 wires that go form the deck the amp in the "speaker" section isntead of the "subwoofer" section. That worked! My sub was playing mids lol.

Now, this process of elimination leads me to belive that the sub out on the deck is ****ed (since sub, wiring, and amp are ok..)...BUT that's not really possible either since it stopped working with the alpine and I really doubt that the sub out wiring would just fail ont he alpine AND this deck (the alpine is only 5 monhts old).

Any ideas??? I'm thinking of trying the alpine on the civic but it's a hassle to keep re wiring and I'm getting quite frustrated and it's probably not gonna work still so I'd appreciate other ideas.

Thanks
Old 10-23-2006, 01:32 PM   #9
BMW03
2nd Gear Member

Im not sure, you gotta get paul for this one, but if you have a voltmelter, or something to test for current/power, then with the deck on test the sub outputs. This is only an idea that I can think of, but I am not sure if this will tell you if the deck is broken.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: