Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-04-2006, 10:17 PM   #1
mousecrab
2nd Gear Member

AA software for e46

Any one here has AA software for e46? Did you have to sent the ECU down south or is there a dealer in Toronto? I'm planning on software but my production date is May 03 so Shark is out of the question. Not quite sure about Upsolute, AA seems to be the best. Any experience?
mousecrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 10:21 PM   #2
330ci05
6th Gear Member

well if u need the flash, like you, i think u will have to send your ECU there, thats what happend with my dinan....

BTW, so when do u wanna do that run??? last time it was all raining and wet
330ci05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 10:23 PM   #3
mousecrab
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330ci05
well if u need the flash, like you, i think u will have to send your ECU there, thats what happend with my dinan....

BTW, so when do u wanna do that run??? last time it was all raining and wet
I know. that sucks. See how things go this Friday night may be we can go for a quick run. Can't wait to see how much I'll get smoke by.
btw no AA dealers in Toronto?
Old 10-04-2006, 10:35 PM   #4
Daddy
3rd Gear Member

You shoulda just got Dinan's software when they had a 50% sale up to the end of August. Some local dealers are Engineered Automotive in Richmond Hill and Cross in Oakville. Took about 45 mins in and out; nothing like losing your car for a week while your ECU makes the rounds via courier...
Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 10:38 PM   #5
mousecrab
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy
You shoulda just got Dinan's software when they had a 50% sale up to the end of August. Some local dealers are Engineered Automotive in Richmond Hill and Cross in Oakville. Took about 45 mins in and out; nothing like losing your car for a week while your ECU makes the rounds via courier...
I missed out the Dinan sale but I don't have a Dinan intake Conforti instead, don't think they will sell me the stage 2 software and stage 1 is really point less.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:47 PM   #6
330ci05
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousecrab
I missed out the Dinan sale but I don't have a Dinan intake Conforti instead, don't think they will sell me the stage 2 software and stage 1 is really point less.
all softwares are "stage 1" or pointless like you say... the onlyone i know that is some waht custom is the dinan, the others, AA,shark and others are all the same, not like dinan to work with CAI,TB and exhuast

yeah this friday should be good, ...
330ci05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:12 PM   #7
mousecrab
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330ci05
all softwares are "stage 1" or pointless like you say... the onlyone i know that is some waht custom is the dinan, the others, AA,shark and others are all the same, not like dinan to work with CAI,TB and exhuast

yeah this friday should be good, ...
AA & Powerchip seems to be some what custom to the mods. No where near custom Dyno tune but reasonable. Dinan is too much and will have to change intake as well. researching on AA & Powerchip to see which one is better as Engineered Automotive carries both. (at least from thier website)
Old 10-04-2006, 11:12 PM   #8
Daddy
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousecrab
No, you don't have to have a Dinan intake to get Stage 2. I have an ECIS intake and got the Stage 2 no problems from Engineered Automotive.
Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:22 PM   #9
mousecrab
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
No, you don't have to have a Dinan intake to get Stage 2. I have an ECIS intake and got the Stage 2 no problems from Engineered Automotive.
dam I'll call them to find out my options.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:44 PM   #10
STALKER
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to STALKER
I went to AA a few weeks ago, I didnt feel comfy with them at all. I would not deal with them personally.

2008 AW/FR E90 M3
//RAC RG63//Volk TE37//AP Racing BBK//Akrapovic Exhaust//Dinan SW//Dinan Intake//JRZ RS1 Coilovers//Dinan Monoball Control Arm Bearings//VRS Diffuser//
STALKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:19 PM   #11
mousecrab
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
I called Engineered Automotive and they do seem to know much about AA software also told me the powerchip they will have to sent my ecu down for days... so where can you get it done in an hour?
Old 10-12-2006, 08:20 PM   #12
mousecrab
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER
I went to AA a few weeks ago, I didnt feel comfy with them at all. I would not deal with them personally.
you mind sharing some details and where did you go?
Old 10-13-2006, 12:40 AM   #13
STALKER
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to STALKER
AA, I am in Miami.
They were dynoing my car, and the whole time I didnt feel comfortable there, they were somewhat rude, and were pushing the SC on me a few times. Plus the dyno was a complete rip off. They advanced my timing and wanted to charge me $400USD for it, and I told them no, and then they were rude to me cause I didnt want to pay them $400USD for 5 minutes work.

2008 AW/FR E90 M3
//RAC RG63//Volk TE37//AP Racing BBK//Akrapovic Exhaust//Dinan SW//Dinan Intake//JRZ RS1 Coilovers//Dinan Monoball Control Arm Bearings//VRS Diffuser//
STALKER is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: