Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-24-2006, 01:48 AM   #16
$500bimmer
6th Gear Member

im pretty sure the kick panel's are 4" or close to that i had to do some modification to fit 6.5's no cutting of metal or anything just some time and i got them, they sound AWSOME!@

$500bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 04:19 PM   #17
dbworld4k
Addict

Exactly what modifications did you have to do?

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 01:44 AM   #18
$500bimmer
6th Gear Member

driver side just took some time and didnt have to do anything really but the passenger side i just cut the grille (for the stock speaker) and mounted the speaker the that with the aftermarket grille on top took my about 30mins to do

Old 09-25-2006, 08:50 AM   #19
dbworld4k
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by $500bimmer
driver side just took some time and didnt have to do anything really but the passenger side i just cut the grille (for the stock speaker) and mounted the speaker the that with the aftermarket grille on top took my about 30mins to do
Nice! Got any pics? Also PM me what parts you used (ie. speakers, amp, HU, wires?). Cheers!

Past:
Old 09-25-2006, 12:28 PM   #20
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

stock speakers are 5.25 3 way components, only DLS has direct replacements from what i know...but with that budget i think you might get just front speakers.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 06:13 PM   #21
$500bimmer
6th Gear Member

well for a headunit it all depends on what you like i personally like alpine hu the sq is the best for the price ,a 4 channel amp i like clarions high end amps but im all over with 4channels i have yet to pick a make the i really really like lol, speakers i have alphasonik 6.5 comps as well as the stock door panel speakers and stock in the back, and wiring all depends on how powerful your amp is. if you want a good stereo u need to spend some money but just to have a half decent stereo u can get away with your budget.

Old 10-04-2006, 01:50 PM   #22
dbworld4k
Addict

Alright, I just bought the Clarion DXZ645 and installed it. I like the almost-stock look and GOOD GOD the sound has changed dramatically! The difference is akin to night and day! Hwoever I have on small issue, there is hardly an bass (almost all treble) and in the front this is more apparent, my kick panels seem to be barley working. The rears are crap (for bass anyways). Will swapping out my kick panels and my rears fix this problem of no bass?

Also, my rears seem to be much louder than my fronts (including the door speakers). What's the cause for this?

Past:
Old 10-05-2006, 12:36 PM   #23
dbworld4k
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k
Alright, I just bought the Clarion DXZ645 and installed it. I like the almost-stock look and GOOD GOD the sound has changed dramatically! The difference is akin to night and day! Hwoever I have on small issue, there is hardly an bass (almost all treble) and in the front this is more apparent, my kick panels seem to be barley working. The rears are crap (for bass anyways). Will swapping out my kick panels and my rears fix this problem of no bass?

Also, my rears seem to be much louder than my fronts (including the door speakers). What's the cause for this?
Bump... any suggestions guys?

Past:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: