Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-29-2006, 07:11 PM   #31
The Sly
5th Gear Member

Raph...you never stop just like some of us!

I went by your place last monday...I would of stop but it was very early in the morning...

I was with the wife and let me tell you it was pretty easy to spot your house on that street...Hum the one with many BMW's

So i guess it will be for next time bud.
Keep it up
Sly
Old 09-30-2006, 12:05 PM   #32
ABUSTAIF
ZA3EEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M-TRD3
Ralph,

I dont have any of these plans in my future, but just out of "war of the older engines" curiosity, what would be a better swap in a E30, this M30 or the engine out of a E28 535, Like what KASSAB did?
i got the same engine like striker and out of a 1990 735il too. good luck on the swap its going to be a fun car to drive i promise you that. if u have any questions pm.

ABUSTAIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 05:35 PM   #33
Striker
Turbo Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sly
Raph...you never stop just like some of us!

I went by your place last monday...I would of stop but it was very early in the morning...

I was with the wife and let me tell you it was pretty easy to spot your house on that street...Hum the one with many BMW's

So i guess it will be for next time bud.
Keep it up
Sly

Should have dropped in, I sleep at 2 am and up by 7am daily

Yea, it's busy, hope I can get to my car soon.

Raph.

SPEED AND POWER IS NOTHING WITHOUT CONTROL,
THANK HITLER, BMW HAS ALL THREE
Striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 05:50 PM   #34
Striker
Turbo Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by KASSAB
i got the same engine like striker and out of a 1990 735il too. good luck on the swap its going to be a fun car to drive i promise you that. if u have any questions pm.
Thanks for the offer Bud. I will post its progress. I am basically building the car from the ground up. It's stripped right now except for the front suspension.

Entire rear is out including gas tank. I will replace all brake and fuel lines, get tank coated internally. Will do complete 5 lug swap, e36 m3 steering rack swap, m30 swap, turbo charge the motor, e28 535i tranny swap, e28 3.25 LSD swap, coil over suspension, front and rear IE sway bar kit, all race mounts, half roll cage etc.

Tons of electronics will be installed including full engine management with data logging for engine management, digital RPM gage with sequential shift lights like F1, data logging for track timing, G forces lateral, acceleration and braking, at least 3 onboard cameras transmitting live video etc.

Since no one did the e36 m3 steering rack swap with the m30 swap, I need to look at my clearances for it. I might ask you to email me a few pics of your steering rack close to the oil pan.

Thanks,

Raph.

Old 10-01-2006, 10:57 PM   #35
static
6th Gear Member

Wow Raph, sounds like quite a project. Have you by any chance a schematic for a diagnostic hardware to read in live data from OBD1 bimmers? I'd really love to read things like temp, time advance, tach. etc... from my onboard to a carPC and perhaps rig up an LCD somewhere on the dash to show all that.

what are those sequential shift lights? i had an idea to rig up a kind of HUD tach - a series of leds mounted on the top of the dash that would shine towards the windshied and reflect straight to your eyes, so you wouldn't have to take your eyes off the road to see the rpms. But i'd need to get a tach live data for that.
static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 01:03 AM   #36
Striker
Turbo Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by static
what are those sequential shift lights? i had an idea to rig up a kind of HUD tach - a series of leds mounted on the top of the dash that would shine towards the windshied and reflect straight to your eyes, so you wouldn't have to take your eyes off the road to see the rpms. But i'd need to get a tach live data for that.
We will be producing these digital RPM displays with 7-12 bright LED sequential shift lights. The whole unit is programmable via a laptop and of course a PC as well.

We will make any color of choice. The brown board is the display board and the digital display can be separated from the sequential shift lights as well.

The key feature here is data logging. You will be able to download all the RPM data onto a laptop.

We will be costom making enclosures to suit your needs from color to texture of panel.

More exciting stuff to come.

Raph.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RPM.JPG (146.4 KB, 57 views)

Old 10-03-2006, 01:05 AM   #37
Striker
Turbo Ready

Night vision.

The display looks allot cooler than this pic. The camera overcompensated for the darkness.

There are two extra red LED's which indicates rev limit.

Raph
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RPMdark.JPG (124.4 KB, 52 views)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: