Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Videos and Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-22-2006, 04:05 PM   #1
Manimillion
Photographer

BMW 7 Series Drift and Crash

I seriously never get why these people do this sort of thing, it is dangerous and it is just stupid. THere goes a beautiful car.

http://rapidshare.de/files/33799625/...rift_crash.wmv
Old 09-22-2006, 05:51 PM   #2
BMWags
6th Gear Member

fukin hassle to DL...im sure its a good vid tho
BMWags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 07:52 PM   #3
BMW_Ryan
2nd Gear Member

They are rich off of their oil and so they have nothing better to do than abuse and ultimately destroy a fine BMW luxury sedan (760 perhaps). Too bad they weren't killed in the crash, it would have made a fitting ending.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:18 PM   #4
BMWags
6th Gear Member

F@ck!!! its still not working for me!!
BMWags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 12:22 PM   #5
DriveItSideways
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimillion
I seriously never get why these people do this sort of thing, it is dangerous and it is just stupid. THere goes a beautiful car.

http://rapidshare.de/files/33799625/...rift_crash.wmv

well.. REAL drifting is fun and also shows a true testament of driver skill, but this drifting showed in the video is just retarded.
DriveItSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 12:27 PM   #6
Boots R
Boots, not boost

This is what our gas pays for. Destroyed luxury cars.
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 02:47 PM   #7
Manimillion
Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout_E36
well.. REAL drifting is fun and also shows a true testament of driver skill, but this drifting showed in the video is just retarded.
I am not bashign the "regular" drifting here, but what they do is stupid.

I don't agree with your statement that says "true testament of driver skill".
Old 09-25-2006, 08:02 AM   #8
DriveItSideways
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimillion
I am not bashign the "regular" drifting here, but what they do is stupid.

I don't agree with your statement that says "true testament of driver skill".
its ok you dont have to agree.. it is the truth though... actually im intrested to hear your argument as to why its not a testament of driver skill.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:46 AM   #9
europrince
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Real drifting is really gay, really doing real abuse to a really great car. Real BMW afficionatos treat the BMWs with real respect and don't take their really prized possessions for real drifting.
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:54 AM   #10
DriveItSideways
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by europrince
Real drifting is really gay, really doing real abuse to a really great car. Real BMW afficionatos treat the BMWs with real respect and don't take their really prized possessions for real drifting.

sorry i cant agree with that... dont they abuse those "really great" cars in the 24 hr of le mans...
Old 09-25-2006, 10:05 AM   #11
europrince
6th Gear Member

Quote:
sorry i cant agree with that... dont they abuse those "really great" cars in the 24 hr of le mans...
Your argument doesn't make sense whatsoever. That is a sanctioned race. I guess if Honda and BMW race cars in F1, we should race them on the street. Nascar Chevys racing means we can abuse Cavaliers on the street too. Great reasoning, buddy.
europrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 10:50 AM   #12
DriveItSideways
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by europrince
Your argument doesn't make sense whatsoever. That is a sanctioned race. I guess if Honda and BMW race cars in F1, we should race them on the street. Nascar Chevys racing means we can abuse Cavaliers on the street too. Great reasoning, buddy.

wtf are u talkin about "buddy", i never said anything about street racing here.. im talkin about PRO drifting.. not what the 16yr G1 drivers TRY to do on the street. YOUR argument has no meaning whatsoever.. your actually arguing by yourself.

Incase you didnt know, Drifting evolved from rally racing... so for you to say its gay.. your calling rally gay.. and the sport tests your driving skills for the sheer fact that you have to CONTROL AN OUT OF CONTROL car.
So, go back to the drawing board an get your facts straight before you say something else thats completely WRONG.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:41 PM   #13
BMW_Ryan
2nd Gear Member

I wanted to come back to this thread and I've read what has gone on here, yikes...but in all seriousness here's what I think whatever it's worth.

Drifting in the sense of what it is supposed to be and what rally and other competitions showcase is about control, and I feel it is a skill. Watching rally is pretty fun and on pavement I have seen coordinated drifts of 2 or more vehicles on the same track about 10 feet apart. To me that is amazing.

And those cars that are doing the drifting are usually specially set up to do such a thing, which is good. I know not all cars that drift are set up for it and some of the members on here probably drift with their BMW. That's pretty much about personal preference for a driver to practice and hone his/her skills. I personally would not put my BMW under that stress because I baby it and I wouldn't know what I was doing.

My bottom line is that I hope we can at least agree that what that video showed was just pure stupidity and destruction of a luxury sedan not meant to do those "drifts". IMO they look more like powerslides.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:15 PM   #14
DriveItSideways
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Ryan
I wanted to come back to this thread and I've read what has gone on here, yikes...but in all seriousness here's what I think whatever it's worth.

Drifting in the sense of what it is supposed to be and what rally and other competitions showcase is about control, and I feel it is a skill. Watching rally is pretty fun and on pavement I have seen coordinated drifts of 2 or more vehicles on the same track about 10 feet apart. To me that is amazing.

And those cars that are doing the drifting are usually specially set up to do such a thing, which is good. I know not all cars that drift are set up for it and some of the members on here probably drift with their BMW. That's pretty much about personal preference for a driver to practice and hone his/her skills. I personally would not put my BMW under that stress because I baby it and I wouldn't know what I was doing.

My bottom line is that I hope we can at least agree that what that video showed was just pure stupidity and destruction of a luxury sedan not meant to do those "drifts". IMO they look more like powerslides.

well said

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: