Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-23-2006, 08:58 PM   #16
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_blaze
The angel eyes are different though Justin, from my understanding FK doesnt use CCFL lighting. Ivans is like a cheaper version of Umnitza Chromiums, he has the blueish white look from the chrome backing on the ring.

Steph, come by the shop or if you need it asap my place ill show u the differences and help you with your lighting struggle. lol
Yes I know. It is still upgradable to CCFL easily, and she can still change the filter of the bulb to give it a different color. Similar to how I made filters for my custom angel eyes to make them red, blue, white, etc.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 01:06 PM   #17
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

ahh i c Justin that makes sense, but what about brightness? Brighter bulbs?

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 02:49 PM   #18
Stephanie
6th Gear Member

LMFAO!!!! that was hilarious!! i was like "what the ****?! Mark, did that guy just jump full-force on the hood of that car?!"

nice to meet u too... u guys are hilarious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch555
Ah, so this is who you are on max!

Nice meeting you last night btw!

I'm the guy who jumped on my Hyundai Stationwagon Beater at the gas station!

Black Sapphire Metallic | Coral Red | Brushed Aluminium | 6MT | ZSP | ZPP | PDC | Bluetooth
Shadowlines | Matte Grilles | Aero Lip | BMW Performance Pedals | Smoked Reflectors | LLumar Tint 40%
KW V2 | VMR V710 | Super Sports | BMS JB4 | BMS DCIs | HPF Intercooler | UUC EVO3 SSK | UUC RK7 Shift Knob
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 02:50 PM   #19
Stephanie
6th Gear Member

yea i figured that was possible... are the lights terrible hard to disassemble tho?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin e36
Yes I know. It is still upgradable to CCFL easily, and she can still change the filter of the bulb to give it a different color. Similar to how I made filters for my custom angel eyes to make them red, blue, white, etc.

Black Sapphire Metallic | Coral Red | Brushed Aluminium | 6MT | ZSP | ZPP | PDC | Bluetooth
Shadowlines | Matte Grilles | Aero Lip | BMW Performance Pedals | Smoked Reflectors | LLumar Tint 40%
KW V2 | VMR V710 | Super Sports | BMS JB4 | BMS DCIs | HPF Intercooler | UUC EVO3 SSK | UUC RK7 Shift Knob
Old 09-24-2006, 03:41 PM   #20
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
nah, pretty easy, i dont think FK's are silliconed.

mine look like this

isn't it great that girls only look at my car when specifically told to do so by justin

then again, mabye if i centered those rings...

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,

Last edited by propr'one; 09-24-2006 at 03:44 PM.
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 03:50 PM   #21
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_blaze
ahh i c Justin that makes sense, but what about brightness? Brighter bulbs?
You got it. Her angels right now are either using 50w or 75w, but she can retrofit any bulb in there relatively easily. Personally I'm not a fan of super-bright angel eyes... some of them are so bright they reflect around the entire headlight housing---most people won't even notice they're angel eyes unless they stare at them. I know most people prefer the look of super bright angel eyes... just not my thing though. It's up to her what type of look she wants for her car though.. if she wants that very bright look, then she'll need to upgrade to CCFL's.

I don't like:

I do like:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie
yea i figured that was possible... are the lights terrible hard to disassemble tho?
Not at all. Pop open your hood and you'll see metal clips holding the glass to the headlight housing along the top. These metal clips also exist along the bottom and sides too. Flip these off with a flat-head screwdriver. (of course remove the headlights from the car first). Ta-daa, the headlight is now open. If you want to upgrade to CCFL, then literally just pull off the old angel eyes, clip new ones in place, run the wires out the back of the housing (using the existing hole back there), and give it power.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 04:04 PM   #22
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Hey justin, i see what your saying but ive noticed a lot of umnitza's pics are using a fast shutter. I saw pics of some peoples chromiums and it looks the same, the exposure setting is too long and it glares. I have CCFL and you've seen many of ours. Not an arguement, but a valid point when seeing pics of HID and angel eyes. A lot of the time peoples pics of HID with Depo or zkw the light comes ONLY from the ellipsoid, in other pics it comes from the whole thing. I did the "stealth" mod putting black tape around the ellipsoid and its the only way to truely get it like that, unless you put HID ellipsoids in it.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 01:05 PM   #23
Stephanie
6th Gear Member

you guys are awesome! thanx so much for ur help...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: