Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > Private Classifieds Feedback
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-14-2006, 09:12 AM   #16
Adriano
Who's your daddy now?

Send a message via MSN to Adriano
I do not doubt your results when you hooked them up but for how long did you have them on? 3 seconds, 3 minutes or 3 hours? Also considering the functionality of HID ballasts, to properly test them you must turn them on and off a number of times. Not getting to technical; HID ballasts for automotive initially produces a ďjoltĒ of voltage to start the arc in the bulb then after it is started, it lowers the voltage to keep the arc going. This high voltage circuit producing the spark may easily be faulty (which Iíve seen many times before in lower cost units) and not produce enough voltage to start the arc or work only intermittently which I have observed with at least one ballets that you have supplied. Again, your service is #1 and I canít thank you enough for being as supportive and as accommodating as you were. You may want to look for a new line of ballasts.
Adriano

Agent BMW trailer
Adriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:14 AM   #17
Adriano
Who's your daddy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_powered
hey man its not about luck electrical shit **** up what can you do man right?
Um??? What does this actually mean?

Agent BMW trailer
Old 09-14-2006, 09:27 AM   #18
BMWFORLIFE
Technoviolet Shifting

hey Adriano (sorry to get off track) did you produce your movie yet...or whats the storry behind that.

I was suppose to buy these off IVAN before my car accident....
they look damn sexy....I give him 4 and 1/2 stars....cuz you know no one is ever perfect so here we gooooo five stars for IVAN **** and half a *

Last edited by BMWFORLIFE; 09-14-2006 at 09:30 AM.
BMWFORLIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:41 AM   #19
Adriano
Who's your daddy now?

[quote=BMWFORLIFE]hey Adriano (sorry to get off track) did you produce your movie yet...or whats the storry behind that.
QUOTE]

Movie was done last year and was aired on a couple of TV stations and film festivals, etc. I wanted to use it to promote a website I was going to make to sell high performance parts and custom manufacturing/fabrication but I just do not have the time and the market is not enough to make it worth the while. I just gave a copy of the movie to Julian at Bimmercruise so hopefully he will upload to Maxbimmer in the next short while. Keep tuned to Max and keep bugging Julian or Bruce to upload it.

Agent BMW trailer
Old 09-14-2006, 11:25 AM   #20
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Adriano, i do not take any offense to how you found my service. Quite the opposite, i thank you for being so understanding for recieving what you surely believed to be a defective kit.

i put one of these kits on my left side HID, drove around with it yesterday (napanee and back to toronto). They work.

I dont really intend to complain anymore, this experience taught me that i should probably have a typed up instruction set for my future customers. I'm glad you're happy with the service, and hopefully my products will meet your expectations for years to come!

just noticed something else,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriano
Not getting to technical; HID ballasts for automotive initially produces a “jolt” of voltage to start the arc in the bulb then after it is started, it lowers the voltage to keep the arc going. This high voltage circuit producing the spark may easily be faulty (which I’ve seen many times before in lower cost units) and not produce enough voltage to start the arc or work only intermittently which I have observed with at least one ballets that you have supplied.
I originally wasn't going to comment on this, because this is getting pretty technical, and i doubt anyone other than adriano and myself will really understand, but heregoes. Ontop of a ballast, the big metal box that come with the kits also acts as an ignitor. In other words, like you said, it acts as a capacitator to produce a very high watt surge of power to the HID bulb to accelerate the xenon particles, and cause them to start creating light. You also correctly pointed out that once the xenon light is luminescant, it requires a lot less power to keep it going.

Now a cap that hasen't been used in a while often doesn't build up its storage ability right away. So in the future i will tell my customers to do as follows. Install the ballast, and not connect the bulb. Start the ballast a few times. Plug in the bulb. Then start the ballast. Since the cap had a chance to be on with no draw on the output end, it had charged fully, and now is capable of storing enough power to start the xenon light output. Also, bench testing these kits with a battery is a poor idea, since some batteries actually produce less than 13.5v of power (kits nominal operating power input), and some batteries just dont have the wattage to power the ignitor for the surge.

If you guys have anymore problems, let me know

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit

Last edited by propr'one; 09-14-2006 at 11:35 AM.
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: