Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-13-2003, 11:38 AM   #16
tlaselva
1800+ HP Driveway

Send a message via MSN to tlaselva

Quote:
Originally posted by moerom

This advertising campaign is plain sinful. If those who were responsible for the commercial were really commited to the well being of innocent people, they would take the millions of dollars spent on making and distributing the commercial and give it to Children's Aid or local homeless people.
Amen.

2010 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport

2010 GSX-R 750

2003 C5 Z06
LS7 427CI w/ECS Novi 2000 : Caravaggio Widebody and Full Leather & Alcantra Interior
903rwhp/815rwtq : 10.3@152mph
tlaselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 12:06 PM   #17
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

I own suv AND it's pretty good....of course it's not a race car and you can easily roll it over, Yes it eats petrol but hey....it's safer than normal car....i say it's GAY, let people choose what they want to drive! (one thing is wrong now is that there's 500HP SUVS)

P.S Nearly crashed my ML55 after i getting from 7 to ML...i wasn't ready for such difference i guess....but thanks god my reaction still quick, or i just got lucky.
Old 01-13-2003, 12:09 PM   #18
FastM3
is dreaming of ///M's

ya thats bullshit, its not like suv's are the only gas guzzlers...i bet you i waste more gas then an average family with an suv...

and instead of bothering people with thier cars they should be going after the real problems, DRUGS, cocaine & heroin are more important issues....
FastM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 01:14 PM   #19
Betray
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Betray Send a message via AIM to Betray Send a message via MSN to Betray
i agree eats gas for nothing!! but shit its kinda pimp =) anyways i prefer my little m3 but well i cant afford that and nor do my parents wanna get me that so they said here ....

as far is in peoples way? no i think people are in my way hehe
I feel like i can flip it.. but i dont think you really can, unless u do a turn at 60 or something
Betray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 01:48 PM   #20
Dave 325i
4th Gear Member

I don't understand the negative reaction here, do we LIKE SUVs or something?

No, SUVs are the only gas guzzlers. Light trucks and SUVs are allowed to have worse has mileage than all other cars.

For the gas they use and for what they do, SUVs are a colossal waste.

As for the terrorism commercial, it's a PARODY of a US government anti-DRUG commercial aired in the US. You can watch them at http://www.mediacampaign.org/mg/television.html. And since it's a parody of a US Government commercial, it potentially makes the US Government "completely and utterly stupid beyond any normal comprehension." Check out "Sophie" or "Timmy" on the mediacampaign page.

I hate SUVs. We had an ML320, and it sucks ass compared to my E30 or the E46 we traded the MB in for. Yes, the MB was more pimp. But the performance sucked, the sound system sucked, the fit and finish sucked, snow performane sucked, was a bitch to wash, and was uncomfortable as hell.

If you need to tow trailers, fine. But this is for the legions of city-dwelling suburbanites who drive Escalades to work and back everyday, think about it. You're not as safe. People on the road aren't as safe. You're wasting gas. You have to wash this thing with a telescoping mop. You can't fit into parking spaces.

Oh, and Betray, no hard feelings, but trade that thing in and get an 318is!

Last edited by Dave 325i; 01-13-2003 at 01:55 PM.
Dave 325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 08:54 PM   #21
qwk325
6th Gear Member

These " MORONS " have nothing else better to complain about

COME ON DOWN !!!!
qwk325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 09:42 PM   #22
Jase
twisted beyond reason

Send a message via MSN to Jase
I wounder how much feul the hummers the goverment buy themselves use. Sound like a double standard
Old 01-13-2003, 10:18 PM   #23
tlaselva
1800+ HP Driveway

Send a message via MSN to tlaselva
Quote:
Originally posted by Jase
I wounder how much feul the hummers the goverment buy themselves use. Sound like a double standard
Or the jet Cretien uses to go golfing....

2010 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport

2010 GSX-R 750

2003 C5 Z06
LS7 427CI w/ECS Novi 2000 : Caravaggio Widebody and Full Leather & Alcantra Interior
903rwhp/815rwtq : 10.3@152mph
tlaselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 10:33 PM   #24
SickFinga

Well I will say that already was said.
I love SUVs and after drving around in Betrays Cherokee I love them even more, they are so chill to drive.

Also saying that oil supports terrorists is like saying airliner companies support terrorism with missles (9/11 event)

Also my car eats apprx same gas per 100km as Betray's cherokee.

Also lets go back to 80ties and remember who supported Afghanistan with weapons and who actually trained Osama?? USA!!
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 10:37 PM   #25
Jase
twisted beyond reason

Send a message via MSN to Jase
your car is that bad on gas? those jeeps get like 17mpg in the city.I was looking at getting my wife a liberty renegade but the milage has stopped me> Have to look around to see if that is average
Old 01-13-2003, 10:41 PM   #26
SickFinga

My car shows on cumputer 17.5 leters per 100km
Betray's Grand Cherokee (i6 4.0l) showed 15.6l per 100km
But I checked with odometer and full tank on average my car need 15l per 100km.
so yeah it is pretty bad on gas
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: