Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Wheels&Tires
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-20-2006, 02:18 PM   #16
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimajer
how was the result, Justin?
They changed the price on me. Wheels seem straight, still a tiny bit of steering wheel vibration at 140km/h... but they did clean up the rims and repsray them so they look new again... a nice unexpected bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidM5
Hey even brand new OEM rims will corrode if they are not washed often during the winter.

I am paranoid and wash my car and the rims almost everytime I drive it through salty roads and before parking it for the night.
It helps that I have a hand car wash 2 mins from my house.
But the rims on all my cars look brand new even after 4-5 years of winter driving.

Maintainence is the the key.
It's true that the salts can pit the alloy, and eat through the clear coats........ but after 1 year? That's uncalled for. Sounds like they didn't prep the rims properly.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 03:25 PM   #17
dropped_E30
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Just though I'll share a gem of a find recently.
I had a set of Racing Dynamics rims that were badly scuffed and believe it all 4 were bent refinished and looking brand new by Rim Techniques.

David
Did you say all 4 of your rims were bent?? how much do you think they'd charge to fix just 1 bent rim?

Thanks
dropped_E30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 09:05 PM   #18
SickFinga

Quote:
Hey even brand new OEM rims will corrode if they are not washed often during the winter.

I am paranoid and wash my car and the rims almost everytime I drive it through salty roads and before parking it for the night.
It helps that I have a hand car wash 2 mins from my house.
But the rims on all my cars look brand new even after 4-5 years of winter driving.

Maintainence is the the key.
Maybe, but 3 other non-refinished rims did not corrode.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 10:53 PM   #19
DavidM5
Speed addict!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropped_E30
Did you say all 4 of your rims were bent?? how much do you think they'd charge to fix just 1 bent rim?

Thanks
Just call him directlly for a quote.
Yes all 4 rims were bent...
The previous owner was an animal what can I say.
At least I bought them cheap.
DavidM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 10:13 AM   #20
yamato
2nd Gear Member

Hi,

Did a search and found this thread. When I installed winter tires, the tire shop found one of my rim was bent and could not be balanced. We could actually see the bent on the inside. The tire shop suggested me to put that rim to the back and straighten the rims after winter.

I actually do not feel any vibrations at all, should I bother straightening?

Is there any other Rim Refinishing Shop besides this one that David mentioned?

Thanks.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:15 AM   #21
yamato
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin e36
They changed the price on me. Wheels seem straight, still a tiny bit of steering wheel vibration at 140km/h... but they did clean up the rims and repsray them so they look new again... a nice unexpected bonus.

It's true that the salts can pit the alloy, and eat through the clear coats........ but after 1 year? That's uncalled for. Sounds like they didn't prep the rims properly.
Hi Justin, so overall, is this shop recommended?

Thanks
Old 01-26-2006, 10:22 AM   #22
///MsAniTy
6th Gear Member

Do a search on E46toronto , some guy had a excellent wheel refinishing place he went to.
///MsAniTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 03:23 PM   #23
SEXSPHERE
Newb Modificator

BAD SHOP!! Dont go there.. One of my bent rims which was refinished by Rims Technique still not straight enough, 3 months later, is cracked. I went there and asked them if they carry a 1 year warranty like others usually do and do you know what they said??? Its a low profile tire, we dont carry warranty, just bring it to the dealership.. I was like WTF??!?!?!! Aftermarket rims and told me to bring it to the dealer? Noob unprofessional, dont trust your rims to these guys..
Old 08-08-2006, 03:36 PM   #24
droptop
2nd Gear Member

rim tech sucks.....and expensive

last summer i got 2 rims fixed by them that were bent and the lip re-finished and he charged me 150 per rim; the coating is coming off already
droptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 05:18 PM   #25
champ0202
2nd Gear Member

acarcones auto recycling

I had some curb rash on my new rims took it to these guys dont remember how much I think it was about 120 a tire

refinish could include only paint or in my case they remachined the lip on a cnc

the adress is 1030 bloomington road in aurora,on 905-881-8353

The first time they refinished my rim I wasnt happy they took it back and refinished it again much better same deal as everyother place watch the wording I was also told one price then after told it didnt include balance and tax so ask alot of questions.
champ0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:24 AM   #26
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
I just brought a set of 18" rims to Collision Networks in Concorde... two were bent to hell and back, lol... I will let you all know how it turns out next week

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: