Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > X series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-17-2006, 01:11 AM   #16
_HaNi_
1st Gear Newbie

I drive an X5 too....2001 blk on blk, too bad its only a 3.0 :'(
_HaNi_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 08:02 PM   #17
Swerve
///Maquina

Here's what I want my X5 to look like:

Silver looks good too, but I still want black:

///M3 body | Painted kidneys | Hartge spoiler | DJ Autos+DDM HID, DRL delete, clears
Hartge Nova 3+Kumho Ecsta SPT / Hamann HM2+Kumho Ecsta ASX | Bilstein Sports, H&R Sports, KMAC plates, RE RSMs, Racing Dynamics sways, M3 RTABs | M3 Front Brakes
M3 Exhaust | Autothority chip | Cosmos v2+K&N | NGK Iridiums | E46 M knob | clutchstop | woodgrain delete | /////ALPINE, PPI, MB Quart
Swerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 12:57 PM   #18
Zim Zimma
3rd Gear Member

Don't know what the issue is with the X3...we have one and it's actually a very good vehicle so far...THere are some little things that we don't like about it, but as far as the ride etc goes it runs very nicely.
Zim Zimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 07:09 PM   #19
Daddy
3rd Gear Member

I can confirm the 2.5L sux. How does the 3.0L fare? Wifey liked the stying, so maybe this is in the running as a replacement to the MDX?!
Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 06:28 PM   #20
Zim Zimma
3rd Gear Member

Funny you mention that....We replaced our MDX with the X3...My mother does'nt like the "truck" feel to the MDX...THe X3 feels very much like a car...Handling is good....It's a little harsher but I actually enjoy the firmer ride...Makes you feel alot more in control of the vehicle rather then the floaty feeling of the larger SUV's. The pick up is great....When you put it in the sport auto mode...or the tipronic the shifts are farily fast and the thing moves very well. The doors dont feel as solid as the 3 series...The controls and everything are identical to 3 series pretty much... We towe a boat and it handled that perfectly....

So far the car has been great and no complaints. Like the more solid ride and engine... Don't like the feel of the doors and a few other things...
Zim Zimma is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: