Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 5 series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-12-2006, 09:33 AM   #1
vs69
E39 Freak

Installing an Amp in 540i??????

Has anyone installed just an amp in a 540i, without an after market deck. I want to install an amp and a crossover. I want to keep the console and car as clean as possible. Is there anyway I can connect the amp "IN" using the amp in my trunk? I don;t think there are any RCA's in back of the OEM deck. What do you guys suggest?
Old 07-12-2006, 11:25 AM   #2
kurupt_k
www.gotHID.ca

rocco from RMP would know
kurupt_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:40 PM   #3
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
why do you want to install a amp & crossover?, are you still going to be using stock speakers?

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 03:33 PM   #4
vs69
E39 Freak

Ya for now....no, I got a good deal on a sub and amp, and I'm saving to get some rims and lights so speakers are not in the game plan right now.
vs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 11:16 PM   #5
windwagen
6th Gear Member

If you have the DSP system (factory sub), you can't do it. The factory radio receiver is in the amp to start with, not the deck. Furthermore, the outputs from the factory deck are already split through an on-board xover, and there are no points to pick out a full range signal.

here's more about the bad news....click "tips and tricks" and check out the stereo section - Click the E39 DSP stereo Database link for stories on what others ave done...good luck!

http://www.bmwtips.com/

E39 528i Touring - Unicorn Package (5 Spd M)
E39 M5 - for Sunny Days

Last edited by windwagen; 07-19-2006 at 11:19 PM.
windwagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 10:35 PM   #6
vs69
E39 Freak

Thanks Alot, 'I don;t have the DSP, but I had already gone to the bmwtips and they show how to upgrade your speakers, in less I didn;t see it, I don;t think they're are any forums or exact explanations on how to install an after market sub into the 540i. I'm still doing research, if you do find something, please send me the link....Thanks Again
Old 07-21-2006, 10:58 PM   #7
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by windwagen
If you have the DSP system (factory sub), you can't do it. The factory radio receiver is in the amp to start with, not the deck. Furthermore, the outputs from the factory deck are already split through an on-board xover, and there are no points to pick out a full range signal.

here's more about the bad news....click "tips and tricks" and check out the stereo section - Click the E39 DSP stereo Database link for stories on what others ave done...good luck!

http://www.bmwtips.com/
I looked into doing my 540, after a few months or research I decided best to leave it alone untl something major goes.
Darkness95m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 10:46 AM   #8
vs69
E39 Freak

Ya, I know what you mean, it's not as easy as a Honda for example, but I only want to install an amp, it can be that hard, I mean there has to be a simple explination....
Old 08-14-2006, 11:41 PM   #9
vs69
E39 Freak

Installed....

What;s up guys, just to let you know, I installed the amp and sub and man, it;s clean. I'll post up pics to show whoever is interested how it was done. But it was pretty simple. In a nutshell, we tapped in the Rear LOW Range speakers, and that's about it. There was no Wiring to the front involved so it was sweet. Anyways, if anyone has any questions about an install, let me know, I'll try to answer what I know...I'll post up pics soon.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: