Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-01-2006, 04:36 PM   #1
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Used RMS kit?

I have a buddy whos interested in getting an RMS Stage 1 from someone, he cant use the guys software but it comes with a few extras. I was wondering, whats a good price for a used kit from a CDN seller? Iwas told about 3700cdn, I mean on BF.C they go pretty cheap no? What do you guys think? Also...do you need a euro HFM to run the kit? Will a 2.5 benefit from having one at 8psi on a v1/v2? If i ran 38lb injectors, and the euro HFM, how does this work because I know I dont think 8psi will be enough to make use of those? Can someone help me out with this?

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction

Last edited by Jon@Bimmersport; 08-01-2006 at 04:42 PM.
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 04:42 PM   #2
STALKER
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to STALKER
If you cant get the software, its useless. Can he get it from RMS.
I would never deal with RMS/Osh, way to many horror stories.

2008 AW/FR E90 M3
//RAC RG63//Volk TE37//AP Racing BBK//Akrapovic Exhaust//Dinan SW//Dinan Intake//JRZ RS1 Coilovers//Dinan Monoball Control Arm Bearings//VRS Diffuser//
STALKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 04:58 PM   #3
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Why is it useless? Couldnt I get tuning from Mark D, Nick G or ICS or something? Its going on an OBD1 E36.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Old 08-01-2006, 06:04 PM   #4
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Make sure the blower unit is in good condition. There have been many reported cases of Vortech blowers leaking oil and requiring a rebuild. Even when they are rebuilt, make sure the seals are all proper w/no leaks visible. Software isn't a problem. Anything under $4g is good.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 10:02 PM   #5
Gamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER
I would never deal with RMS/Osh, way to many horror stories.

Ditto.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 10:11 PM   #6
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Theoretically, the 2.5 with 8psi could definitely benefit from the 3.5" HFM. I mean think about it, that will be pushing much more air than the 3.2L motors that benefit so much from it.

The injectors are overkill, but you can use them fine.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:15 AM   #7
STALKER
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to STALKER
SW is not easy to develop, getting it done to work properly can be problamatic. The manufacturer has already gone through the trouble of tuning it.

2008 AW/FR E90 M3
//RAC RG63//Volk TE37//AP Racing BBK//Akrapovic Exhaust//Dinan SW//Dinan Intake//JRZ RS1 Coilovers//Dinan Monoball Control Arm Bearings//VRS Diffuser//
STALKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 03:40 PM   #8
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Thanks Mods and Stalker...software isnt that much of a problem as I learned, maybe a Tec3 standalone unit might be in favour.

Yea, Randy I heard about those as well...there is one kit local and one kit in Calgary, its actually a sponser of tunerworks I think. The kit this car came off of is a 343rwhp cabrio, I think some of you know what Im talking about.

Also, since both kits are RMS..is my only cooling option aftercooler from RMS (or buy the vortech aftercooler unit and build piping?) or can I use an intercooler? What about both? The heat we're experiencing now, is really shit..and next summer when I can actually make use of it will I even benefit without a source of cooling the charge? Id really hate to spend all this money and have to spend more just to bring slight happiness.

My other option is turbo, although I'm bummed on quite of a few things, like oil supply to the turbo..would I have it tapped from the oil pan (more install cost) use the euro oil filter housing? The way my car looks without the bumper would puzzle me for piping for the turbo intake and piping to the intercooler. Im considering this, because over all the cost might be the same if I go custom, or maybe less.

So the pros and cons make my decision very complicated, Ive been thinking about this for a few months now..its been about 8 months of owning the car and during this winter I decided to cut the crap, and just start off with FI and build it up from there..rather than the usual useless (IMO) chip, intake, exhaust, headers, which will all be changed once I do go FI.

Remember, Im not looking for more than an E46 M3 puller for now, or at least hang with them...also for daily driving, I hate my cars power sometimes...the E30 felt faster!

Right now, Im DEAD even with SUPERCHARGED's car...it is a 98 328is, M50 manifold, carbonio intake, UUC System U exhaust, stock 2.93 diff, and 18" CSL reps...thats from 40-100 and from 80-180. Even then, the car may be fast...but its not at its highest fun factor. I have fan delete, no AC, and im starting to think a chip..how else can this be?

Im not looking to go all out, but im looking for the best path..in terms of simplicity, but yet upgradabilty. I always hear about S/C owners complaining about power, but I like the smooth powerband..but Randy giving me a ride in James' AA turbo M3, even though it was like 2 years ago...changed my life lol.

Can anyone shed some light on these questions? Thanks guys

Last edited by Jon@Bimmersport; 08-02-2006 at 03:43 PM.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:55 AM   #9
BMW Guy
2nd Gear Member

jonny blaze
check out this thread
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/show...032#post852032
BMW Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 10:06 PM   #10
uber e36
6th Gear Member

Johnny - Clear out you PMs!
uber e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 10:50 PM   #11
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

pms cleared

any insight on those questions

Old 08-07-2006, 09:51 AM   #12
SickFinga

Jon, 3700cnd for stage I kit, it absolute maximum you should pay. I wouldn't even go over 3500 myself for stage I especially without software.

343rwhp on Stage I is kinda high. On how much boost was it? Any other mods?

With Stage I RMS and Dinan kits your only bolt-on solution is RMS aftercooler. You can buy it from RMS, or on bf.c in FS section, I see them from time to time.
I wouldnt recomend trying to make piping for aftercooler yourself, it a bit complicated.

BTW Jon, with vortech you also have to tap in somewhere for the oil line.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 01:17 PM   #13
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

thats 343whp on a swapped motor with stage 2. Basically hes selling the stage 1 V1 blower, and mainly NEW parts as well..the thermo plastic discharge tube is one of them.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: