Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-15-2006, 06:27 PM   #1
02civic
1st Gear Newbie

Autogard Warranty

...for the 92 bmw (318is) that i'm in the process of getting.

Does anyone know anything about this warranty company? good or bad, both opinions would be welcome.

The warranty he's offering at the moment is 50%(due to the cars high km's) of repair cost) up to $900 per claim. So if something costs 1800, we'd split it...if something was 2000, he'd pay 900 i'd pay 1100.

Wear and tear is covered so that if any parts on the below mentioned areas breaks due to "wear and tear" they would still be covered. The areas are

1)engine, transmission, differential/transaxle

2)High tech (ABS, traction control, valve assembly, digital dash instruments,several types of computer controls, power windoes,mirror,seats,sunroof + some)

3)Front Suspension - upper and lower ball joins, upper lower control arms, king pins/bushings, stabilizer shaft + linkage + some

i'd also like a steering package, brake package and supplementary package (mounts, intake/exhaust manifolds, water pump)

anywho...just wondering if anyone had any input on a) what this warranty company is like b) what i should be covering on a 92 bmw 318is or c) world events

Thanks
02civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 07:29 PM   #2
mirek
6th Gear Member

How much does he want for this. 900$ isn't a lot...
mirek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 07:43 PM   #3
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
i doubt its worth it on a 92

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's supersports, ZHP knob, UUC short shift GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
http://absolutehid.ca hid kit
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 08:38 PM   #4
Ital_325i
Lost in a world of Chaos

Warrenty on older cars is definetly worth it IMO. Look at Lubrico Warrenty.

Having the motor, tranny, diff, etc covered is great peace of mind. Also see if you can get seals and gaskets covered.
Ital_325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 08:39 PM   #5
02civic
1st Gear Newbie

warranty is free of charge. i suppose if i refuse the warranty i could try to get a few bucks off..but i doubt i could get much if any.

i've already knocked $700 off the sticker price and now i'm trying to get as much warranty as possible. But of course the amount of warranty i get is useless if the warranty itself is useless (ie. if the company has a bad history)

Reason i like the general idea of a warranty is i'm getting this car as a fun but reasonably affordable transitional car. I had a 2002 civic that i financed and the payments were tough (probably shouldnt get a 23k car when your still in college)
now i'm selling the car, paying off my remaining school debts and using the remaining money for this car (or a VW for cheaper insurance..not yet 25.)
so last thing i want is to be paying for extensive repairs when i'm just again getting some financial flexability.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:43 PM   #6
02civic
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ital_325i
Warrenty on older cars is definetly worth it IMO. Look at Lubrico Warrenty.

Having the motor, tranny, diff, etc covered is great peace of mind. Also see if you can get seals and gaskets covered.

ya i'm telling him i'm not budging unless i get engine, transmission and differential/transaxle + wear and tear + seals and gaskets + high tech power equipment...obviously i'd like more so we'll see what i can squeeze out.

any other areas of importance? i know they're all important but for this car what should i push for more, stearing, breaking, front suspension or supplementary parts (mounts, water pump, torque struts)
Old 05-15-2006, 08:46 PM   #7
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Definitely worth it... especially on a 92. Lubrico gives good warrantys, very easy to deal with.

Add the seals & gaskets to the warranty as well.. it'll run you around $90 per year, but very worth it.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 09:41 PM   #8
02civic
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin e36
Definitely worth it... especially on a 92. Lubrico gives good warrantys, very easy to deal with.

Add the seals & gaskets to the warranty as well.. it'll run you around $90 per year, but very worth it.

know much about autogard?

this guy says they're better because they pay the shops directly, where as with Lubrico you have to pay upfront then track down your money from Lubrico later on.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: